Gorgeous glowing skin is a goal all women have. Health is beauty, and when it comes to skin, truer words have never been spoken. We have discussed natural beauty tips for healthy, amazing skin before, but today we will take a closer look at some handy solutions. If you paid attention to our celebrities’ guide on how to get beautiful skin, you remember that hydration, moisturizing, and sunscreen are among the top priorities all women should have.
Today, however, we will factor in various types of skin, skin issues, and specific homemade skin care tips to make sure you get the skin you always wanted! Are you ready? Let us see together twelve natural beauty tips for a healthy glowing skin!
Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Dry skin affects plenty of women. Sometimes, the symptoms are temporary, while other times they are permanent, stopping you to enjoy life as you should. If you want to know if you have dry skin, here is our Dry skin 101 guide to causes, symptoms, and treatments.
Natural Beauty Tips for Dry Skin
1. Olive Oil And Sea Salt Scrub
This is a good home remedy for dry skin that glows no matter the season. Experts recommend you use this home remedy at least once a week.
- Mix olive oil with sea salt in two to one ratio
- Apply the body scrub on your face and body and massage for a few minutes
- Get a good rinse with cool (but not cold) water
The sea salt will remove the dead body skin cells, dust, and dirt, while the olive oil will hydrate and moisturize your skin so it looks smooth and glowing.
2. Orange, Lemon, and Yogurt Moisturizer
Cheap, easy to make and yummy (if you get to taste it), this face and body moisturizer will keep your skin healthy and gorgeous.
- In a cup full of yogurt mix one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of orange juice (both freshly pressed).
- Mix the ingredients well to blend in
- Apply the entire paste on your face and body – especially if you have dry skin on hands or legs – and let it sit for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse the paste with a cool shower or a wet tissue
The lemon and orange juice is packed with vitamin C, which is essential for our skin beauty. The yogurt will moisturize your skin and feed it the proper nutrients it needs to stay healthy and look smooth and glowing. The mixture will brighten up your complexion, clean your pores, and hydrate deep.
3. Castor Oil Face Mask
Castor oil is one of many miraculous oils used in homemade beauty recipes to prevent dry skin, aging, and the formation of wrinkles or spots. Castor oil softens your skin magically, so you can rely on it if you want to take care of your skin in winter. The cold season is especially harsh on your dry skin, so you need all the help you can get.
- Massage your face with a few drops of pure castor oil
- Let the oil sit for at least half an hour if not more
- Rinse your face with a wet clean cloth
Castor oil has healing and moisturizing properties. If your dry skin gives you troubles or if you have particularly dry skin on your face, legs, or hands, massage these problematic areas with pure castor oil at least once a week (and two-three times a week during the cold season).
4. Milk and Honey Face Mask
Honey is probably the most common ingredient in homemade beauty recipes. Humankind praises honey for dozens of health benefits on both inside and outside the body. The milk and honey face mask is an excellent choice if you have dry or combination skin.
- Take a tablespoon of raw honey and mix it up with a teaspoon of warm milk
- Mix the ingredients until you get a smooth, liquid paste.
- Massage your face with the paste and let it sit for at least ten minutes.
- Wash the mask off with warm water, in a gentle manner.
Honey has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Milk is full of proteins and calcium. They both nourish your face, clean it, and keep it safe from bacteria and dirt. You can follow this treatment once a week, no matter the season, and you will show off your healthy, radiant skin every day.
5. Turmeric and Tomato Face Pack
Turmeric has anti-bacterial properties that keep the face safe from environmental factors, bacteria, and dirt. Moreover, the research found that turmeric helps you get smoother skin. Tomatoes contain lycopene, a substance known for its anti-oxidant properties.
- Mix one tablespoon of turmeric with one tablespoon of fresh tomato juice.
- Massage your face with the paste, and then let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cold water
We all know dry skin is more vulnerable to UV damage and aging. The lycopene in the tomatoes protects your face from sunray burns while stopping wrinkles, fine lines, or crow’s feet in their tracks.
6. Avocado and Yogurt Face Mask
Dry skin needs as many moisturizing treatments as it can get. From this point of view, few homemade remedies beat the avocado and yogurt face mask.
- Mix 1/4 ripe avocado with 1 teaspoon of plain organic yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon of honey (as you see, you cannot skip the honey when it comes to skin care)
- Apply the mask on your face and let it rest for fifteen minutes
- Rinse off with cool water
Avocado is an excellent source of natural oils, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. When you combine these properties with yogurt’s calcium and proteins, and the healing properties of honey, you realize you have one of the best remedies for acne or face skin scars, which also feed the skin deep and keep it hydrated and moisturized.
Check out our other avocado-based face masks recipes for a natural approach to skincare!
Other Natural Beauty Tips and Advice
- Check out our 7 ways to obtain a perfect dewy skin guide: it contains both homemade beauty remedies and cosmetic products suggestions.
- Take a look at our top five remedies for dry itchy skin: you will find a few remedies that work well (including flaxseeds and fish oil, petroleum jelly, and more).
- Learn a few more tricks and beauty tips from our guide on how to get rid of dry skin on legs.
- Get rid of extremely dry skin on hands with our top pick of natural remedies.
- Dry skin on face? Here are our six top choices of essential oils and natural remedies.
- If dry skin only appears around your eyes, here are the eight efficient remedies you were looking for!
Home Remedies for Oily Skin
Many women have plenty of issues with oily skin. While oily skin shows fewer signs of aging and it is less vulnerable to UV rays, wrinkles, and fine lines, it is also incredibly vulnerable to clogged pores. In turn, clogged pores are usually associated with acne, zits, blackheads, and other visible skin signs. Before anything else, you first need to determine whether you have oily skin.
Natural Beauty Tips for Oily Skin
1. Green Tea Water, Rice Flour and Honey Face Mask
We have just mentioned honey previously, so it is time to talk about green tea. As you probably know, green tea packs a good punch of anti-oxidants that flush out the toxins inside your body. When used on your skin, the same anti-oxidants will clean your face of dirt and excess sebum, disinfecting the pores and keeping them safe from bacteria.
- Mix 1 cup of cold green tea water with 2 spoons of rice flour and ½ spoon of honey.
- Apply the paste on your face and let it sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Before rinsing, massage the dry paste on your face in circular moves to remove the dead skin cells and extra sebum and even your skin tone.
- Rinse your face with cold water.
Besides the anti-oxidants in green tea and the antibacterial substances in honey (which are good to heal acne scars and prevent pimples, blackheads, and zits from forming), the rice flour also has important benefits for your complexion. It acts as an excellent scrub, smoothing out your face and boosting its vascularization and health.
2. Oats and Lemon Face Mask
Oily skin present grime, dirt, dust, all sorts of impurities, and excess sebum. You need to properly clean it and hydrate it for a spectacular glowing look.
- Cook and mash oats and put aside a tablespoon in a bowl.
- Mix the oats with one tablespoon of freshly pressed lemon juice.
- Massage your face with the paste, and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Massage again, when the paste dried up before rinsing and clean your face with cold water.
If you do this once every morning before you go outside or once an evening after a hard day, your face will look healthy and glowing. Oats reduce inflammation and heal the skin, also working as exfoliators. They clear off the oil, grime, and impurities present on the skin. The vitamin C in the lemon juice evens the skin tone and provides it with the necessary dose of Vitamin C.
3. Yogurt and Lemon Face Mask
If something works, do not change it! The mix of lemon and yogurt works well with oily skin and combination skin as well, as it offers a much-needed balance.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh and unflavored yogurt with one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Apply the paste on the face and let it do its wonders for at least 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water
Both yogurt and lemon help your skin heal from blemishes. They both moisturize the face and feed it with all the necessary nutrients. While the vitamin C in the lemon protects your face against UV rays, the yogurt improves your overall skin texture, making it glow with health.
4. Milk, Lemon Juice, and Honey Face Treatment
The active ingredients in this face mask work together to allow your skin to heal and become more resilient to dirt, grime, UV rays, excess sebum, pollution, and other environmental factors.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of milk with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Apply the paste on your face and keep it there to dry for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with cold water
The natural fats and minerals in milk moisturize and nourish your skin, toning it. Milk also contains calcium and magnesium, which tighten the skin, make it firmer, and more resilient to excess sebum, grime, and dust.
5. Cucumber and Apple Cider Vinegar Pore Treatment
Women with oily skin have enlarged and clogged pores which collect sebum, grime, dust, and bacteria. You need to disinfect, moisturize, and treat your pores if you want glowing, health-bustling skin.
- Mix cucumber juice, Aloe Vera gel, tomato pulp and apple cider vinegar in equal proportions (1 tablespoon each should be enough).
- Apply the mask on your face and massage gently.
- Wait for 10 minutes, and then rinse with cool water.
Cucumber has plenty of skin benefits, one of them being the closing of enlarged pores. Apple cider vinegar is a common ingredient in oily skin natural beauty tips and remedies for oily skin: it kills bacteria, which are responsible for causing your zits and eruptions. It also helps treat infections if you use it topically. The Aloe Vera gel and the tomato pulp have both healing and anti-oxidant properties, giving your skin a fresh new look and a natural glow.
6. Coffee Grounds and Yogurt Skin Mask
You may like coffee on the inside, but it works great on the outside as well. In fact, a body scrub with coffee grounds and yogurt will work miracles on your skin, pampering your whole body and making your skin smooth and soft, without any oily, annoying feeling to it.
- Mix one tablespoon of fresh coffee grounds with a tablespoon of yogurt
- Apply the mask on your face and scrub gently
- Rinse with warm water
Coffee grounds make great exfoliators. They also have anti-oxidant properties. While the coffee grounds stimulate the blood circulation, the yogurt will feed the skin in depth. The mix will leave your pores clean and your face radiating with health.
Check out our full guide on DIY face scrubs for oily skin!
Other Natural Beauty Tips and Advice
- If oily skin is indeed a problem and it also puts you through acne, spots, blackheads, and zits, do not forget to check out our 5 home remedies to get rid of oily skin!
- Make sure you check out our complete guide on how to care for oily skin.
- If skin breakouts are your worst nightmares, learn how to avoid them by changing your lifestyle!
One final word…
Skin care is extremely important for both looks and health. Besides natural beauty tips and skin care cosmetic products, there are plenty of other lifestyle changes you can make to keep your skin glowing. Stay away from the sun, exercise, drink plenty of water, get a good sleep, and try to keep stress as far from you as possible. Remember, health is the ultimate form of beauty!