An oxygen facial is a cosmetic treatment that helps you gain a more youthful skin and delay the aging process. It doesn’t use chemical or needles. Even though this procedure was used since the 1940s, it has gained a lot of popularity in the last couple of years. The hyperbaric oxygen treatment hydrates your skin, leaving it clean and helping you get rid of different dermal conditions.
What Is an Oxygen Facial Treatment?
As I previously mentioned, the oxygen facial is a natural antibacterial treatment, that cools off your face, destroying anaerobic bacteria. All your organs need oxygen to survive, and your skin is your biggest organ. Without oxygen, your face will become dull and full of wrinkles, spots, and fine lines. You can benefit from this treatment by going to a doctor that specializes in cosmetic procedures. He/she will handle a special machine that uses pressurized oxygen. This way, a certain serum is delivered to your skin.
Pros and Cons of an Oxygen Facial Procedure
Oxygen Facial Benefits
- It has a quick recovery period. You can apply makeup almost immediately after the treatment.
- The entire procedure is quite gentle. You won’t feel pain, and it doesn’t have severe side effects such as irritations, redness, and itching.
- You will notice instant results like youthful skin, glowing complexion, and more. If you suffer from acne, you will be glad to see that pimples will clear up.
- It has deeper significant benefits. Oxygen infusion is great for your organism. It rejuvenates your organs’ cells. If your skin is exposed to pollutants, oxygen facial will clean your skin, boosting the collagen production.
- Even though they are not very cheap, oxygen facial treatments cost less than Botox injections.
Oxygen Facial Side Effects
- You might suffer from a temporary redness after doing this procedure. However, it is not a severe risk, and it wears off eventually.
- Its results don’t last as much as those of other cosmetic treatments. If you want long-term effects, you will need to go back to the doctor’s office for maintenance appointments.
- You will spend more time and money to achieve the desired results. Usually, a patient needs more than just one session to obtain great effects.
- Although this treatment fights against free radicals, maintaining your skin youthful, you shouldn’t apply it in excess. Overindulging in this procedure might have the opposite effect of what your desire. For example, free radicals might get into the skin, accelerating the aging process instead of delaying it.
Putting It All Together
If you want to beautify your face, you should give oxygen facial a try. This is a less risky method to prevent wrinkles and other skin conditions. Moreover, if you are afraid of needles and other more brutal procedures, this one is the right choice for you. This natural method should also inspire you to apply new healthier habits to your daily lifestyle.
Image source: 1