We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
When they hear of keratin treatments, most people associate them with hair and sometimes nails. However, keratin is also good for your skin. When it comes to dermal issues, keratin skin treatment is considered a good remedy for aging signs and other problems such as acne. Let’s find out more about this topic and its pros and cons.
How Does Keratin Skin Treatment Work?
A keratin skin treatment contains the protein with the same name which is produced by our bodies naturally. Keratin has an important role in our overall health, and it acts similarly to elastin or collagen. Bottom line, it keeps your skin toned and firm, protecting it from external factors such as pollutants.
Keratin skin treatments strengthen your dermal layer, boosting your body keratin production. This way, you will avoid having sagging skin or developing deep wrinkles. This remedy normally comes as a gel or cream. However, you must make sure that you choose the right treatment for the area you want to treat. For example, there is one type of keratin cream for your face and another one for your arms. This depends on the chemistry of your skin.
This treatment heals and moisturizes skin. Remember to choose one that doesn’t contain a lot of oils if you want to apply it on your face. Otherwise, it might clog your pores, which further leads to acne. If you have doubts, you should consult a good dermatologist.
Pros and Cons of Keratin Skin Treatment
Keratin Skin Treatment Pros
- It is suitable for almost all types of skin. All you need to do is to pick the right cream for your dermal issues. However, if you have any doubts or your skin is severely damaged, you should consult a doctor first.
- This treatment is a safe one. Usually, a good keratin skin treatment doesn’t cause permanent damages to your skin. Moreover, it strengthens it, and it makes it smoother and clearer.
- It works miracles as a makeup preparation process. This is due to the fact that keratin unclogs your pores. Therefore, your skin will easily absorb other anti-aging creams, and foundation, as well as makeup products. It will create a matte and finished look that will last longer.
- Keratin skin treatment is an effective remedy. No matter how aged your skin looks, a keratin boost has an amazing effect on it, rejuvenating your skin.
Keratin Skin Treatment Cons
- It is artificial. Most keratin skin treatments contain artificial ingredients. Some of them even have artificially-created keratin. This can irritate your eyes and skin. On the other hand, there aren’t major downsides to this treatment, and not many people have experienced redness or irritations.
- The treatment is expensive. Although some creams might be less expensive than others, they might also be less effective. If you want to obtain fast results you should go to a clinic to have this treatment done, which will cost you more money.
- If you are pregnant, you shouldn’t use this treatment. At least, not before discussing it with your doctor. Some toxins contained by these creams might affect your health or that of your baby.
Keratin skin treatment is great when you have damaged, aged, and sagging skin. It comes as either cream or a gel, and it is highly effective for almost any skin type. However, this treatment contains chemicals that might cause irritations or other side effects. For this reason, you should always consult a dermatologist before applying keratin remedies on your skin.
Image source: 1