Caring for oily skin is no easy feat. Finding the best cosmetic products to cleanse your skin and not aggravate it further is equally hard. Have you ever thought about making your own DIY face scrub for oily skin at home? If you choose natural ingredients and follow our tips, you will get a homemade scrub for oily skin and blackheads in a matter of minutes!
1. Cleansing DIY Face Scrub for Oily Skin with Honey, Yogurt, and Oatmeal
With their powers combined, honey, yogurt, and oatmeal help you keep your face clean and protected against acne. They allow you to get rid of the grime and germs that get deep into your pores and protect your face from further infections.
- Mix one tablespoon of each of the three ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub your face with the scrub from the chin up in circular moves.
- Rinse with warm water after two-three minutes.
- Pat dry with a very clean, very soft towel.
2. Antioxidant DIY Face Scrub for Oily Skin with Coffee Grounds and Yogurt
Coffee grounds are great exfoliators, due to the coarseness. They are also good antioxidants and blood circulation stimulants. Your face will regain its natural glow, and your pores will be crystal clean.
- Mix one tablespoon of fresh coffee grounds with a tablespoon of yogurt.
- Scrub your face gently with the mixture.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
3. Anti-Oil DIY Face Scrub for Oily Skin with Baking Soda, Lemon Juice, and Honey
This is a great homemade scrub for oily skin in summer because it keeps your face clean and protected against dust, pollution agents, and excess sebum and perspiration. Baking soda is a gentle face rub, while lemon juice is excellent for oil control.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with ½ tablespoon of lemon juice and ½ tablespoon of baking soda.
- Gently rub your face with the mixture in circular moves.
- Rinse the mixture with warm water after you let it sit on your face for five minutes.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
After cleaning your face and pores with this homemade scrub, you can also treat yourself with a DIY face mask for oily skin for maximum effects.
4. Homemade Scrub for Acne Prone Skin with Olive Oil, Honey, and Brown Sugar
Just like honey, olive oil is present in almost all DIY treatments for oily skin. It unclogs the pores and balances the skin’s natural oil production. Brown sugar is the best exfoliator for oily acne prone skin and honey, as we said, keeps everything clean and free from bacteria and infections.
You may also be interested in WHAT’S THE BEST PRIMER FOR OILY SKIN? TOP 5 OPTIONS REVIEWED!
- Mix one tablespoon of each ingredient in a bowl.
- Rub your face with the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and dry with a soft towel.
5. Rejuvenating DIY Face Scrub for Oily Skin with Egg Whites and Sea Salt
Sea salt is present in many skin care cosmetic products because it contains minerals that nourish the skin, rejuvenate it, and enhance cell growth and blood circulation. Egg whites are astringent, removing excess sebum and closing the pores.
- Mix one egg white with a tablespoon of sea salt and whisk them together in a creamy mask.
- Spread the mix on your face, massage your face gently and let the mask sit for 5 minutes.
- Cleanse with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
What other DIY face scrub for oily skin do you use? Have you tried any of the recipes we mentioned? If you know how to get rid of oily skin , let us know your tricks in the comment section below.