Lotus flower oil is an essential oil that can be used for many health and beauty purposes such as aromatherapy, bath soaps, body lotions, and more. You can use it as it is or in combination with other aromatherapy products. Lotus oil was first used by Indians and Egyptians, as a symbol of enlightenment and spirituality. Below, we have described this oil’s main benefits for your skin, hair and health.
What Is Lotus Flower Oil?
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00MYME5T4″ locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]Lotus flower oil[/easyazon_link]is an essential oil which has a nice floral scent and an earthy fragrance. It is mostly used in aromatherapy, but it has plenty of other benefits for your health and body. Those who use it say it brings them the feeling of peacefulness. In ancient times, people used this oil for respiratory problems like asthma. Its extraction process is costly which makes this oil one of the most expensive supplies in the market. The proper way to apply it is by diluting it first.
Lotus Flower Oil Uses
Benefits for Skin
- Improves your skin’s texture. Due to its elements, such as vitamin C and B, linoleic acid, protein and acid, this oil has soothing and cooling properties. It will restore your skin’s texture. It acts as a skin conditioner because it is rich in antioxidants.
- Treats blemishes and acne prone skin. Lotus flower oil has astringent properties which cool your acne prone complexion.
- Moreover, it hydrates and moisturizes your skin, increasing its elasticity. This way, it fights against aging signs.
- It balances your oily skin. Your skin will be rejuvenated and pimple-free.
Benefits for Hair
- Repairs split ends. Use a conditioner that contains lotus flower oil or extract. Your hair will look shinier, and you will not have split ends anymore.
- Your hair will have more volume and elasticity. Furthermore, lotus oil boosts your locks’ strength and prevents your hair from becoming damaged or dull.
- According to researchers, lotus flower oil stimulates melanin production, which prevents your hair from going gray.
Benefits for Health
- It is a great aromatherapy supply. To use it, you should dilute lotus essential oil with a carrier oil and put it in a diffuser. Another way to do it is by inhaling it directly. You can even use it as a room freshener.
- Lotus flower parts are used in traditional medicine as a natural cure. It treats several conditions such as fever, bleedings, blood in urine, and excessive sweating.
- Other health issues like fungal infections, vomiting, and diarrhea can also be treated with lotus essential oil.
- Lotus oil improves fertility in both men and women. Also, it reduces your cholesterol level as well as blood pressure.
- It keeps your heart healthy due to its potassium content. This oil controls homocysteine levels in your blood, which are directly connected to heart attacks.
As you can see, lotus flower oil is a precious natural skin and hair treatment that has plenty of benefits for your body. Although it is quite expensive, it is totally worth the price. Have you ever used this product? How well did it work for you? Share your experience with us, in the comments section below.
Image source: 1