Skin lightening has a highly controversial background. Commercials and media associate the idea of lighter skin with beauty and desirability. In some cultures, tradition says that those who have whiter skin are members of higher class or caste. In the last decades, skin lightening injections have gained a lot of popularity, and beauty industry has earned billions of dollars due to this trend.
All You Need to know about Skin Lightening Injections
Skin lightening injections help you brighten dark complexion and get rid of dark marks or scars. Even though there are also other options such as skin lightening pills or creams, many people choose injections as a faster and sometimes a more effective solution.
The most common injections used to brighten skin tones are those that contain hydroquinone and glutathione. These elements act as antioxidants. You must be very careful when doing these procedures because they can also have side effects. The wisest thing to do is to seek for your doctor’s advice and follow his/her instructions.
Skin Lightening Injections Benefits
- It makes your skin smoother and clearer.
- Your skin will have a brightening glow.
- It unclogs your skin’s pores.
- Whitening injections have an anti-aging effect, reducing or eliminating fine lines and even wrinkles.
- It hydrates and moisturizes your skin.
- These injections, as well as some skin lightening pills, heal your skin by removing acne scars.
- It strengthens your immune system.
Skin Lightening Injections Side Effects
- Allergies. There are cases in which skin lightening injections have caused rashes, hives, and even breathing difficulties.
- Infections. These issues can occur only in some areas of your skin or even on the whole body. They are caused by viruses or bacteria.
- Pain. Some patients suffer from severe abdomen pain after a skin lightening procedure.
- Other health problems. Skin lightening injections can have severe side effects such as kidney failure or thyroid dysfunction.
Alternative to Consider: Skin Care for Tone Lightening
Skin Lightening Cream
These products don’t offer a fast result as skin lightening injections do. However, they are also effective due to their ingredients. This kind of creams contains retinoic acid extracted from vitamin A, steroids, and hydroquinone. Creams are good as long as you use them in a balanced way. Applying them too frequently can make your skin age quicker.
Skin Lightening Soap
Not many people know there are other alternatives such as soaps to skin lightening injections. There are two different types of whitening soaps: those who contain only natural ingredients and soaps who have both natural and artificial content. The best soaps are those who have glutathione, papaya extract, and even placenta as ingredients.
Skin Lightening Pills
Pills are quite popular among those who want to have lighter skin because it is a pain-free method, and it has a quick effect. This habit of taking whitening pills happens more frequently than you can imagine. By taking pills, your skin will get lighter in a shorter period because they work from inside your body. However, studies have shown that these treatments have serious side effects like allergies, skin dysfunction, liver damages, and more.
As you can see, skin lightening injections are one method of achieving brighter skin. Besides it, there are also other alternatives such as pills, soaps, creams, supplements, and more. Make sure to receive a doctor’s opinion before taking these whitening treatments. Some of them are more effective than others, but all of them have side effects.
Image source: 1