As you probably know, fashions and styles change constantly. It can be hard to follow what’s in right now. It can be nice to know what’s trending because you’ll have a better idea of what you’re going to find while you’re shopping. But even the style of eyebrows changes over time! Right now, everyone wants gorgeous, thick eyebrows. But in the 90’s thin eyebrows were super popular. Thick brows aren’t always the easiest thing to achieve if you have over-plucked in the past or have naturally thin eyebrows. But I do have a few tips and tricks that will hopefully help get you the thick brows you’ve been dreaming of!
What You Need to Know About Brows
I never knew how to do eyebrows properly. I also didn’t know that a big part of that can be leaving them alone for a while. A little research showed me that you should leave your eyebrows untouched for around 6-8 weeks between pluckings. If you have eyebrows that grow really slowly, you might even want to swear off plucking for three months or even a year. That way you can get back to your natural eyebrows. After you can’t stand how unruly they are, you might want to go to a professional. Even if you don’t want to go to a professional for regular appointments, it might be good the first time. Then you can get an idea of what your brows should look like. That will give you a good idea of where your eyebrows should start, where the arch should be and where they should end.
A good rule for shaping your eyebrows is to use an eyebrow pencil! Not just for filling them in, but to give you reference points. I included the picture below to show you what I mean. You can simply use your own eyebrow pencil or another straight object to act as the line! In the end, you will have eyebrows that not only look clean and natural but also match perfectly!
Eyebrow Care Tips
The main things we can do to shape our eyebrows are tweezing, waxing, and trimming. I prefer to tweeze rather than wax, just because my eyebrows aren’t too out of control. But I do have a few grooming tips for you to make the experience a little easier and to tame those bushy eyebrows properly!
- If you tweeze your eyebrows after your shower, it will be less painful. Your skin will be warm, and your pores will open. That makes it slightly less painful.
- You will want to take care of your eyebrows in good lighting. Otherwise, you run the chance of missing hairs or plucking too much. Bright natural lighting is perfect for plucking your eyebrows!
- Pluck in the direction of hair growth. That will cause a lot less irritation in the long run.
- Believe it or not, brushing your eyebrows can stimulate hair growth. It probably won’t be a huge difference in the beginning. But it could definitely help in the long run!
- It typically takes about 56 days for the hair to grow back. However, some people can take anywhere from 3 months to 1 whole year for their eyebrows to come in fully. So it’s always a good idea to pluck carefully a maximum of once every six weeks. Waiting longer can be beneficial, but it depends on the person.
- Trimming is a huge help when grooming your eyebrows. I used to skip this step, and it was a big part of the reason I would tweeze too much. Some hair doesn’t need to be removed, just controlled. All you have to do is use a small trimming tool and an eyebrow brush. Brush the hair up and carefully clip any hair that sticks above your natural like. Then you’ll want to brush it down and do the same thing! In the end, you will have just as much hair as you started with, but they won’t feel so out of control!
- It’s a bad idea to groom your eyebrows with a magnifying mirror. This can actually make it much easier to make mistakes. You might groom in the magnifying mirror and like the way things look. But you might be horrified when you check out the results in a regular mirror! The only time this might be recommended is for the fine blonde hairs on the edge of your brow bone.
- Eyebrow growth serum is a fantastic way to generate quicker hair growth. But remember, you will want to wait at least eight weeks before expecting to see results. It might take even longer for some people, but this is a good basic guideline. You can’t be too anxious when looking for results. You might just end up quitting too early!
- Increasing your omega intake can also help with hair growth!
- Learning to use an eyebrow pencil can be a huge help. I have dirty blonde hair with nearly white blonde highlights. So even though I have fairly thick brows, they look patchy. In reality, it’s just really blonde hair in some spots. So an eyebrow pencil helps me fill in the blank spots for a more natural eyebrow.
Overall, these are just a few tips that might make things a little easier. But you also will want to remember that everyone is different. Some people have naturally thinner eyebrows. Mine are thick, but that can also make any mistakes a little more noticeable. So hopefully these tips will be useful as you try to groom!
Eyebrow Growth Serum Options for Thick Brows
It’s hard to get your eyebrows to look perfect. But it’s important to a lot of people! If you’re one of those people, you’re probably wondering how to grow eyebrows, so they look thick and gorgeous. I can understand needing a little more definition. So I wanted to give you two options for eyebrow growth serum. Obviously, you can look for other options as well. But I wanted to point out two excellent options I found! Just as a little help on your journey to thick brows!
- Castor Oil
Castor oil has a ton of benefits for hair and skin. For eyebrows, it can help prevent them from thinning, as well as promote new hair growth. It is a natural product, and most people like to try the colorless cold-pressed castor oil, which you can find on Amazon! This has proven to be a great option for people with rapid hair loss in their eyebrows. It will even help if you have over-plucked in the past or have gone through chemotherapy. So if you’re looking for an all natural product, this one comes highly recommended!
- Hairgenics Lavish Lash
So this is actually meant for both thick lashes and thick brows! This gets some incredible reviews from a ton of customers and can also be found on Amazon. So I would absolutely recommend trying this if you haven’t had any luck with other products. It is also colorless, so it will not tint your eyebrows a darker color. All you have to do is apply it to the roots of your eyebrows once a day for thicker eyebrows! Keep in mind that the best results are seen 90 days after you start using it. So it will take awhile. But then again, all good things come in time!
Time to Work Towards Those Lovely Thick Brows!
I know it can be frustrating when you want something to be perfect right away. Especially when it comes to something that is trending like thick brows. Eyelashes and eyebrows can take a really long time to grow and reach their full potential. So it might be well worth the price to try out an eyebrow growth serum to help the process along. A lot of people wonder, “do eyebrows grow back? Why is it taking so long?” And the answer is yes.
While it might feel like you over-plucked and ruined them forever, don’t fear! It will just take a little tender love and care, and your eyebrows will look better than ever! So I would absolutely recommend that you take extra time when grooming. Maybe even find the perfect eyebrow growth serum for you! Just remember it’s going to take a whole lot of patience to get thick brows. So I wish you the best, and I hope these tips prove to be helpful!
Related Article: Fishtail Eyebrows- What Are They?