We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Everyone who knows the struggle of battling the frizz and dryness in the hair should agree that a qualitative leave in conditioner can sometimes be a lifesaver. It’s interesting that even if it is such a beneficial and accessible hair care product, not many people know about this specific type of conditioner. And while it’s popularity is indeed growing, there are still some unanswered questions about leave in conditioners. A leave in conditioner or a leave-in hair treatment, as it’s also called, it’s a product that you need to apply on your freshly-cleaned hair and leave it in until the next washing.
Usually, leave in conditioner is applied as the third step in the hair washing routine, right after shampoo and normal conditioner. It’s important to be aware of the fact that you should not rinse this type of conditioner after applying it like you would with the normal type. Instead, this product is meant to stay on your hair until you wash it again. Its main purpose is to provide extra conditioning to your hair while adding some extra moisture and softness to it. This type of conditioner comes in various forms, making it easy to for you to choose the best option for your needs. There are also some lightweight formulas that you can apply to your dry hair in-between washes incase your hair is extremely dry and unmanageable. This article will look at some of the best leave in conditioner options for this year that you can buy and test according to your needs. Curious? Here we go!
Top 10 Leave In Conditioner Options for 2018
In the chart below, you will find my top 10 rated leave in conditioner options. For a more in-depth review of each type, please click on the Read Review link.
Best Types of Leave In Conditioner
As it is the case with any other hair care product, there are some different types of leave in conditioner to choose from too. It all depends on your personal wishes and needs. However, it’s very important to know everything about each different type before deciding to try the best alternative for you. While it’s true that ultimately, all of them provide the same benefits for your hair, there are certain details that might make you favor a certain type of product over the other. It’s also very important to know that you probably won’t find the perfect product. Each type has its drawbacks as it also has its advantages. This is why you should carefully compare these products and take the best decision for you and your hair.
Type 1: Liquid Leave In Conditioner
The first and most common type of leave in conditioner is the liquid one. It’s extremely easy to apply, and it is best suited for very fine and thin hair which easily gets weighed down by hair care products. Simply apply it to your damp hair. Because of its lightweight formula, it is the best alternative for women with fragile hair. A liquid leave in conditioner also works best during summertime for the exact same reason as it’s more lightweight. It is also very easy to apply, and you won’t likely feel it on your hair at all.
- plus It’s very easy to apply
- plus Offers the promised results
- plus Excellent for fine and thin hair
- close Not suited for every type of hair
- close Not good to use during wintertime
- close Not suited for elaborate hairstyles
Type 2: Creamy Leave In Conditioner
A creamy leave in hair conditioner is the best alternative if you have thicker hair that won’t be weighed down by the product. It also offers a bit more moisture than a liquid conditioner, which makes it the perfect choice for wintertime and cold temperatures. During summertime, you might find a creamy leave in conditioner a bit too heavy for a relaxed and simple styling. However, for anyone who may want to calm the frizz in the hair, the creamy type is undoubtedly the best choice that they can make. You should also take into account how well these products work with other hair care products. So, if you find that something is wrong with your hair, you may want to try other alternatives. Sometimes, certain products simply don’t mix well in combination with other ones.
- plus Excellent for winter and cold temperatures
- plus Amazing for calming frizz and flyaways
- plus It offers extra moisture
- close Not suited for fine and thin hair
- close Not good to use when it’s hot outside
- close Not good for relaxed and simple hairstyles
Common Features of Leave In Conditioner
Frequently using leave in hair conditioner means enjoying moisturized and beautiful hair without much effort. Say goodbye to the struggle of detangling your hair strands when you’ve just gotten out of the shower! This product is not only extremely beneficial for your needs but also very easy to use and acquire. It has become one of the most popular and searched for hair care products out there. And because it is so amazing, we have prepared a list of some common features of leave in conditioner that you should know about if you are only now gaining the courage to try a certain type. Here we go!
- check-circle-o It hydrates your hair while making it more manageable– There are a lot of problems that your hair needs to survive including frizz, split ends, breakage, and dryness. Thankfully, leave in conditioners are specially made to solve these issues by providing some extra moisture and hydration to your hair while also making it a lot more manageable. Apart from this, applying a tiny amount of leave in conditioner after showering will make your hair strands detangle a lot easier. This means that your hair won’t have to suffer every time you brush it trying to detangle it.
- check-circle-o Does not require rinsing after applying it– Unlike classic hair conditioners, leave in conditioners do not require rinsing after you apply them on your hair. They are specially created to be left on your hair in order to provide that extra nourishment and prepare your hair for styling. Most leave in conditioners are excellent heat protectors too, offering a protective layer against the heat coming from certain hair styling instruments. It is best used on dry and damaged hair as it repairs it and protects it for long periods of time. They are also protecting and repairing your scalp because they have the necessary time to become effective, unlike regular conditioners that need to be rinsed off after a couple of minutes.
- check-circle-o It protects colored hair and maintains its shine– Leave in conditioner treatments not only repair damaged hair but also helps keep the color vibrant for a longer period of time. Apart from this, it protects your hair from the damaging UVA/UVB rays along with other external factors that can make your color last for a shorter period. If you apply leave in conditioner, you will notice that your hair color looks more vibrant and fresh. It also regains that glow and shine, making it look freshly dyed. Certain leave in conditioners even lock the color in, therefore making it last longer and stop the color from fading so quickly.
Things To Consider Before Buying Leave In Conditioner
As we’ve previously mentioned, there are a lot of types of leave in hair conditioners out there that offer certain results and benefits if chosen right. However, this doesn’t mean that every type on the market will suit your hair’s needs and solve its problems. Like any other cosmetic product, certain formulas will help you solve your issues, while others won’t work so well on your hair type. This is why it’s extremely important to take into account everything before deciding to buy a leave in conditioner. In order to help you, we have created a list of things to consider before buying the best leave in conditioner on the market.
1. Do you have damaged and dry hair?
It’s very important to know exactly what problems your hair is facing before deciding on a leave in conditioner. So, if you know that you have very dry and damaged hair, this type of conditioner is indeed good for you. It will also work amazingly well if you have colored hair and wish to maintain the color for a longer period of time between salon visits. It’s also beneficial for brittle and coarse hair because it offers some extra hydration. Apart from this, if you know that you like to style your hair using heat, a leave in conditioner is again the best solution for you as it offers a heat barrier too. Simply apply it to your hair after washing and conditioning and leave it like that. It does not require rinsing, and you can then begin blow drying or styling your hair.
2. Is your hair already strong and hydrated?
In this case, you are a very lucky person indeed! If you know that your hair is strong, shiny and hydrated, it would be best to simply use shampoo and a normal conditioner every time you wash your hair. A leave in conditioner would only weigh down your hair and make it heavier in this case. Also, if you are someone who doesn’t style their hair with heat or loves simple and relaxed hairstyles, you should stick to the normal conditioner. A leave in product is only necessary if your hair requires it. If that is not the case and you have strong hair, shorten your haircare routine and skip the leave in hair treatment.
Questions To Ask Yourself Before Buying Leave In Conditioner
In this article, we have already talked about some of the most important uses and benefits of leave in conditioner. However, seeing how not everyone on the planet uses this type of conditioner, it’s normal for certain people to still have unanswered questions regarding it. So, if you feel like you still want to know something about this type of treatment, know that you are not alone. It’s important to gather every information about the product that you are about to use. And because we know this very well, we have prepared a list of questions that you should ask yourself before buying a leave in conditioner.
Do you want to know how to apply a leave in conditioner? It is easier than you think!
Q: Why should I add a leave in conditioner to my hair care routine?
A: The answer to this question lies in how well you know your hair and its needs and problems. A leave in conditioner is necessary for your hair care routine only if you have damaged, extremely dry or faded hair that also has split ends. If your hair is hydrated, strong and shiny, or if you don’t have colored hair, you can skip the leave in conditioner and rely solely on shampoo and regular conditioner. Those will do the job for you and shorten your hair care routine. However, if your hair has these problems and you have been struggling with them, our advice is to buy a good leave in conditioner and start integrating it into your routine immediately.
Q: Will leave in conditioner still repair my hair after being used for a while?
A: Nobody can guarantee that your leave in conditioner will still offer results after being used for a while. It depends on its effectiveness, formula and how quickly your hair adapts to it. You might see that after a while, your leave in conditioner won’t offer the same results as before. That means that your scalp and hair have become accustomed to its ingredients and don’t react anymore. That is the perfect moment to change the product and search for a different brand. Your hair will receive a shock, and the new product will force it to cooperate. You might again start seeing good results.
Q: Do leave in conditioners contain any dangerous ingredients?
A: No, leave in conditioners do not contain ingredients that are dangerous in any way. This is because you can use a conditioner every day and repeated use should not harm your skin or hair in any way. Most leave in conditioners use light oils like jojoba and aloe, vitamins like panthenol, fatty alcohols, and polymers. All of these help your hair regain that moisture which in turn repair the scalp and hair and makes it stronger and healthier. So no, you shouldn’t worry about any possible dangerous ingredients that leave in conditioners might contain.
Why is Leave-In Conditioner Awesome?
There are a lot of reasons why leave in conditioners are awesome and valuable at the same time. Their amazing results are some of the best reasons that you can think about. Also, the fact that they are so easy to use and find make them your hair’s perfect ally in the fight against dryness and damage. Seeing how the popularity of leave in conditioners is increasing day by day, brands have started to come out with their own versions, claiming to be the best. This is why we have decided to create a list of reasons why leave in conditioners are awesome.
It is very easy to use
A leave in conditioner is extremely easy to apply and use, and basically, it does all the work for you. By sitting in your hair, it has all the time in the world to repair your damaged hair, to bring back its shine, and to detangle it. It also buys you time and money because you no longer have to visit a salon to have an expensive and time-consuming hair treatment done. You can achieve the same results at home, every time you wash your hair. Easy, right?
You have a lot of options to chose from
Seeing how the popularity of leave in conditioners is quickly increasing, brands have been coming out with their own versions of the product. They all claim to be the next big thing for your hair, but you should still be careful about what you choose. It can be difficult, but the key is to listen to your hair. Apart from this, once you found out what problems your hair struggles with, a large variety of products become available to you and your specific needs. It doesn’t matter if you have long, short, thick, fine, colored or natural hair. There is a leave in conditioner specially designed for you out there. You simply need to inform yourself and find it. Use it regularly, and you will see how your hair transforms and become healthy again.
Recommended Best Sellers
- LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER: Coconut water's natural oils absorb instantly into the...
- VITAL MOISTURIZING: Coconut oil delivers vital moisture & nutrients to dry,...
- THE RENPURE COLLECTION: Try our full collection of responsibly sourced &...
- STRENGTHENING LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER: This sulfate free caffeine & ginseng infused...
- NOURISHING FORMULA: Caffeine, Ginseng & Vitamin E nourish each strand to rapidly...
- INNOVATIVE HAIR CARE: Our products feature ingredients that hydrate, nourish,...
- Ultra-hydrating, deep moisture therapy.
- Long-lasting moisture, slip, and softness.
- Helps to eliminate dryness, without a heavy feel.For natural curls, coils and...
Now that we are getting close to the end of our article on the best leave in conditioner options for this year, it’s important to make sure that we answer all the questions that you might have regarding this product. It’s not uncommon for people to have similar curiosities and because of this, we have come up with a list of some of the most common questions that people have regarding leave in conditioner. We hope that we didn’t fail to answer any of them.
- chevron-circle-right Q: When should I use leave in conditioner?
- chevron-circle-rightA: You should use leave in conditioner every time you wash your hair, during your normal hair care routine. So, after using shampoo and regular conditioner, you should make sure to apply leave in conditioner and distribute it evenly on your hair. After that, you can proceed to blow dry your hair or simply leave it to dry naturally. Leave in conditioner should not be rinsed, like a regular conditioner. The key is for it to stay on your hair until the next time you wash your hair. This way it has enough time to repair and hydrate your damaged hair.
- chevron-circle-right Q: Is it good for men too?
- chevron-circle-rightA: A good leave in conditioner is good for anyone and any hair type. Men can also have dry and damaged hair, and this product can prove to be the perfect solution for them too. You need to be careful to buy a type that suits the person’s particular needs and preferences and to advise them to use it regularly. It’s a simple and inexpensive way to make sure that you have healthy and beautiful hair without much effort at all.
In conclusion, this was our informative article on the best leave in conditioner options for 2018. We hope that we provided you with the best information possible about this amazing and very popular hair care product that has become more and more searched for in the recent years. As for its amazing effects, we should remind you that it hydrates and acts as a moisturizer for extremely dry and damaged hair. It helps with split ends and helps repair the scalp too. Apart from this, leave in conditioners also act as excellent heat protection barriers and refresh your hair color in case you dyed it. This product gives back your hair’s shine and glow while making sure that your desired hairstyle will look amazing.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that there are indeed certain drawbacks to this product, but this is the case with any other product that exists on the market. It’s all a matter of preference, perception, and need after all. A product is good when it benefits your hair and solves your own problems. If it doesn’t, then it’s useless or bad. However, things shouldn’t be like this. People should learn to know their own issues and look for the perfect product for them, no matter what anyone recommends or what reviews are saying. So, what are your opinions on our article regarding the best leave in conditioners on the market right now? Are you impressed by this product’s benefits? Do you have any other questions that we failed to answer above? Leave them in the comments section down below, and we will make sure to provide the best answers possible.
- chevron-circle-right Home-Made Leave in Conditioner Recipes
- chevron-circle-right Leave in Conditioners for Your Hair Type
- chevron-circle-right Differences Between Various Types of Conditioners
Last update on 2018-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API