There are certain standard tools that no matter where you go, you always take with you in your makeup bag. Things like mascara, eyeshadow, or eyeliner are among those tools that are usually found in every woman’s makeup kit. However, there is another tool that can help you a lot, especially when you are in a rush and don’t have time for a full face of makeup. A high-quality eyelash curler should also be an essential part of everyone’s makeup routine. That is if you have not been naturally blessed with long and perfect lashes that don’t need any tricks to look incredible. Such a tool can enhance the appearance of your eyes by making them look a lot brighter and wider.
Apart from this, eyelash curlers are usually not very expensive and rather easy to use, even if it may take some practice to do it perfectly. They are also very safe tools when used properly and in the right way. A good such tool can immediately transform some plain-looking eyes into something incredibly beautiful. Your stare will immediately receive a boost of confidence, and your eyes will be framed by some long and thick curtains that everyone will envy you for. In this article we will be talking about the ten best eyelash curlers on the market in 2018, their different types, how to properly use one, and their benefits and downsides. Apart from this, we will provide the answers to some of the most common questions that you may have about this incredible tool. Here we go!
Top 10 Eyelash Curlers for 2018
In the chart below, you will find my top 10 rated eyelash curlers for 2018. For a more in-depth review of each type, please click on the Read Review link.
Read My Review
Read My Review
Read My Review
Read My Review
Read My Review
Read My Review
Read My Review
Read My Review
Read My Review
Read My Review
Best Types of Eyelash Curlers
If you are someone who doesn’t like their lashes and wants something to enhance their appearance, you’ve probably searched for a good eyelash curler on the market. The problem starts when you realize that they are not all the same. It can be a struggle to choose the best one for you when you have so many options around. And we are not talking about the many different brands only. There are also a lot of designs that eyelash curlers come in and each one promises to deliver the best result possible? But who can you trust? This is the riddle that we will try to solve in this part of our article.
So, in order to help you choose a product that is best suited for your eyelashes, for your needs, and preferences, we have chosen the best types of eyelash curlers out there. We have broken down what exactly you can expect from each of them, as well as their downsides and advantages. There are two main types of eyelash curlers out there: the classic, clamp-down kind, and the more modern, heated curlers. They all come in different shapes and sizes, but they all promise to make your eyelashes beautiful and to brighten your eyes. So, here are the best types of eyelash curlers on the market right now. Enjoy!
Type 1: The classic, clamp-down eyelash curlers
This is by far the most common type of eyelash curler out there. Everyone probably knows what they look like, which is quite frightening, to be honest. This mechanical eyelash curler has scissor-like handles with a slightly curved surface that you use on your lashes. Most women have probably owned one and if not, they have surely seen one. It’s worth noting that these curlers are by no means perfect. However, they do the job they are meant for, especially if used in the right way. They can be found absolutely everywhere, from online shops to drugstores. They are also extremely affordable and usually come in a variety of curls, which means that you can choose the one that best suits you. There are tons of choices; you just need to find one that suits you.
- plus They last for a long time, especially if they’re made of metal
- plus Widely available and easy to find
- close Frustrating to use
- close Pinches eyelids
- close Can’t use after using mascara
Type 2: The heated eyelash curlers
As you may have guessed from its name, heated eyelash curlers have one big advantage over the other type: heat. They may be the new kids in town, but a lot of people have switched from the traditional curlers to these. So, instead of manually clamping your lashes, this tool provides heat that works the same way as a curling iron would. But instead of the hair on your head, it curls your eyelashes. It’s very easy to use as you only need to push the wand against your lashes and hold it there for a few seconds. This tool makes an amazing difference and it only takes about 30 seconds to do both your eyes. What’s even more amazing is that, unlike the traditional lash curler, you can use a heated one after you’ve applied mascara.
- plus Perfect for fragile lashes
- plus Produce curls that last all day
- plus Very easy to use and quick
- close More expensive
- close Not the best for newcomers
- close They need battery replacements
Common Features of Eyelash Curlers
Now that we have talked about the different types of eyelash curlers out there, it’s time to focus on other things too. The main idea is that no matter how good your eyelash curler is, if you don’t take care of your lashes, nothing will help you. So, it’s best to make sure that your eyelashes are in a good state and then start using various types of eyelash curlers to accentuate your look. People who don’t have too many lashes can use a treatment from their dermatologist to grow them. Also, there is always the lash extension option which can help some people with their problem. Now, in this part of the article, we will be talking about the common features that eyelash curlers have and how important they are. Enjoy!
- check-circle-o They are extremely easy to use– All types of eyelash curlers are very easy to use. Traditional ones may require a little bit of practice, but the overall technique is still quite easy to grasp. As for the heated ones, they are probably the easiest tool to use. It’s important to know that the results that an eyelash curler has also depend on how correctly you use it and how difficult to manage your lashes are. People with very straight and short lashes might have a hard time curling them. In this case, a heated curler is strongly recommended. Apart from this, not putting enough pressure when you use a traditional curler might not offer you the results that you want. So, it’s very important to use this tool correctly before you blame the companies for selling lies.
- check-circle-o They curl your lashes without much effort- Any type of eyelash curler will do its job without you having to put too much effort into it. But again, it depends on how you use this tool and how careful you are. A traditional curler requires you to place your upper lashes between the base and the top of the curler. You then need to wiggle the curler in place in order to get as close to the lash line as possible. Close the clamp slowly and squeeze it in place for about 15 seconds. Apply mascara immediately after but choose a formula that is not too heavy or too wet. They might straighten your lashes throughout the day.
- check-circle-o They are very easy to find– Eyelash curlers can be found absolutely anywhere these days. From online shops to drug stores, they are everywhere. Heated eyelash curlers may be a little difficult to find, but they are usually sold online on various websites, and you can still find one pretty easily. They are a more expensive alternative to the traditional curlers and work with heat. It may sound scary, but those are, in fact, much easier to handle than the normal ones. Apart from this, those can also be used after applying mascara, to curl your already coated lashes evenly. The bottom line is that eyelash curlers are extremely easy to find, no matter the alternative that you are choosing.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Eyelash Curler
Now that we have talked about eyelash curlers in depth, it’s time to focus on some of the most important things that you should take into account before buying such a tool, especially if it’s your first one. There are a lot of things that you should consider, and it’s especially important to know your lashes very well and find out what works best for them. It’s also important to test such a curler beforehand and see whether or not you accept something so close to your lash line and eyelid. Not everybody can do it, and it would be a shame to spend some money, especially on a heated curler, only to find out that you cannot use it. So, here is a list of things that you should consider before buying and using an eyelash curler.
Do you think you can curl your lashes on your own?
This part has to do with accepting something that will work so close to your lash line and eyelid. Not everyone can do it, and it’s important to test this before buying the tool. It also differs from person to person. Some may find a traditional eyelash curler comfortable, while others might like a heated one better. It’s all a matter of preference after all. If you are not sure and you’ve never used a curler before, ask a friend to let you use theirs (but disinfect it first) or let them curl your lashes. You might get an idea about what you like and don’t like.
Do you have fragile lashes?
If your lashes are fragile, they break easily or fall out, then a traditional eyelash curler is not an option for you. It won’t do anything else but force them even more and destroy them for good. Use a heated curler instead as this tool won’t tug and pull, but will gently lift the lashes while heating them. This will create a gentle, but strong curl that will last the entire day. You can also use it over your already mascara-coated eyelashes without any problems. When it comes to traditional curlers, you cannot do this because you risk destroying your eyelashes, and nobody wants that.
Do you really need to curl your lashes?
It may sound like a stupid question, but in fact, it’s really important. Get close to a mirror and study your lashes. Some people have naturally curly ones and they don’t need any tool for this. If you are one of those people, don’t bother investing in eyelash curlers, no matter their type. For you, this process is completely unnecessary, and it will only eat your time. Eyelash curlers are best used by people with straight eyelashes that want to make their eyes pop even more and obtain a nice curl. So, before buying such a tool because it seems cool and everyone has it, pay close attention to yourself. You might not even need it.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Buying an Eyelash Curler
We have now covered the different types of eyelash curlers, their pros and cons, and we have provided some long-anticipated answers in regards to this miracle tool. However, it’s time also to answer some of the questions that you should ask yourself before buying an eyelash curler. It’s very important for people to wonder about certain particularities of the product that they want to buy before actually doing it. Everyone should be aware of the fact that nobody else knows them and their preferences better than themselves. So, here are some very important questions that you need to ask yourself before buying an eyelash curler, especially if it’s for the first time. Enjoy!
Q: Will my eyelashes fall out after repeated use of an eyelash curler?
A: No, you shouldn’t worry about your eyelashes potentially falling out after repeatedly using an eyelash curler. If you use a heated one, there is zero possibility for this to happen. However, even if you use a traditional one, there are very slim chances to end up with fewer lashes than before. The only way this happens is if you use the curler the wrong way or clamp down too hard. You can break them like this, and let’s not talk about that weird 90-degree angle that you might end up with.
Q: Why can’t I curl my lashes with a classic curler after applying mascara?
A: This is a big no-no when it comes to using a traditional eyelash curler. The main reason why you should never curl your lashes after you have applied mascara is that the product can stick to the clamp. This might end up pulling your lashes out, and you will probably regret this decision for sure. You can only do this if you use a heated eyelash curler as that one only works with heat and doesn’t require any clamping. It won’t hurt your lashes or eyes in any way.
Q: Won’t my eyes get infected if I use a curler so close to the eyelids?
A: The only way in which your eyes might become infected is if you never clean your eyelash curler. Usually, there is a lot of residue like mascara, dead skin, eyeshadow, and bacteria left on the clamp and all over the curler. It’s recommended to clean your tool at least once a week by putting some alcohol on a cotton pad and gently cleaning the curler. It’s also recommended to replace the pads of the curler before they too get dirty. Buy some extra pads and replace them every few months. This way, you will never get an eye infection from using your eyelash curler too often.
Why Are Eyelash Curlers Awesome?
The list of reasons why eyelash curlers are such awesome and valuable little tools is almost endless. Most of these reasons have to do with the results that these amazing tools offer once used and if used right. It’s important to know that an eyelash curler is not a mandatory tool to have in your makeup kit. However, if you need a little bit of extra curl in your lashes to feel prettier throughout the day, this is exactly what you need. Here are some reasons why eyelash curlers are such awesome and valuable tools. Here we go!
Everyone can use them
No matter your age, sex, race, hair color, or eyelash length, everyone can use an eyelash curler if they want to. We have previously mentioned how people who already have curled lashes don’t need to use it. That’s right, but they too can do it if they really want to. There are no restrictions to this tool, apart from avoiding leaving it with small children as they can hurt themselves. This is not a toy, so it would be best to not leave children unattended near such a tool. But apart from this, everyone is free to try any kind of eyelash curler and see if they enjoy the results it offers.
There are a lot of types to choose from
You can choose from a wide variety of eyelash curlers, as we have previously mentioned. You have the traditional tools that are made of metal, but there are some made of plastic too, which work similarly but are less resistant. There are also some smaller, rounder options that work similarly with the traditional ones but are better when it comes to packing. Then there are the heated eyelash curlers which are the more modern and advanced options. They are preferable if you have fragile lashes or if you want to curl them after applying a coat of mascara for some extra volume. The choice is in your hands, and it’s up to you to make the best decision for yourself.
They make your makeup look even better
Basically, this is the main purpose of an eyelash curler, to make your eyes pop even more, no matter if you add makeup or not. But in case you do, these curled and long lashes will turn some heads for sure. The makeup will look better, more put together, and more professional overall. Isn’t this what everybody wants? A perfect makeup look that seems so professional that your friends don’t believe that you did it yourself? We think everybody wants that!
Recommended Best Sellers
- Rubberized Grip: This eyelash curler was designed with your comfort in mind....
- Pinch-Free Curling: Long-looking curled lashes don't have to be a pain. This...
- Curls in an Instant: Curl your lashes quickly and with minimal effort. This...
- VOLUMIZING & LIFTING LASH CURLER: The e.l.f. Pro Eyelash Curler gives you that...
- EASY TO USE: This lash curler features an ergonomic design that is both...
- CREATES A LONG-LASTING CURL: The specially designed contoured curve and stronger...
- Smooth opening and closing action
- Retractable spring that effortlessly shapes lashes
- Rounded curler pad creates intense curl
Now that we are almost at the end of our article on the best ten eyelash curlers out there, it’s time to answer some of the most common questions that people might have. Their curiosities regarding certain products are usually similar, which is why we will try to provide the best answers possible. So, here are some of the most common questions that people have regarding eyelash curlers, their use, benefits, and downsides. Enjoy!
- chevron-circle-right Q: Do I need to invest in an expensive curler?
- chevron-circle-rightA: No, you don’t necessarily need to invest in an expensive eyelash curler as long as you use it right. When it comes to a traditional tool, using it the right way is key, and not how much it costs. Generally, this particular type of curlers works in a similar manner. You can invest more money if you want a heated eyelash curler, which is usually a bit more expensive. However, it’s still not a fortune, and you might easily afford one if you really want it or if you have fragile lashes.
- chevron-circle-right Q: Will a curler work on extra short lashes too?
- chevron-circle-rightA: Yes, as the length of your lashes doesn’t really matter when using a curler. Yes, don’t expect to get that false-lashes effect even after using the curler, but the tool will still be effective and do its job if you use it the right way. There will surely be a big difference in your lashes, especially if you add a volumizing mascara afterward. So, don’t worry! A good eyelash curler will work on any lash length.
All in all, this was our article on the best eyelash curlers on the market for 2018. We have talked about their different types, how to use them, what are their benefits and downsides, and we have tried to provide the best answers possible for your most common questions. It’s worth noting that eyelash curlers have existed for decades and have been used by some of the most successful celebrities of Hollywood’s golden era. Technology has evolved now, hence the popularity of heated curlers, but the traditional ones are still very popular among women.
Moreover, while there might be certain downsides to this tool, it is still something that every beauty enthusiast should have in their makeup kit. It doesn’t take a long time to curl your lashes, and the effect will be absolutely incredible. Everyone will envy your beautiful bright eyes which will be framed by some long and thick lashes. So, what did you think about our article on the best eyelash curlers on the market right now? Are you going to try this tool now that you know more about it? Are you already familiar with it? Tell us your opinions in the comment section down below!
External References and Citations
- chevron-circle-right How to curl your eyelashes like a pro
- chevron-circle-right Makeup artists reveal the best eyelash curlers
- chevron-circle-right How to correctly use an eyelash curler
Last update on 2023-04-18 at 02:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API