Facial cleansing brushes have been present on the skin care-oriented market for quite some time. However, people are still trying to understand all of their secrets and get a grip on what those brushes actually do. Also, if they’re worth all the money because, quite frankly, they are not the most inexpensive tools in the world. If you ask certain skin care experts, they will call these facial cleansing brushes the holy grail of modern skin care. Dermatologists and beauty editors have called certain brushes “game-changers”, and with such big titles and praise, it’s only normal for people to want to know more. Which is why, in this article, we will be talking about the ten best facial cleansing brush options on the market for 2018, their different types, uses, benefits, and downsides, along with the answers to any questions people might have.
These facial cleansing brushes promise to offer deep cleansing and exfoliation similar to what you would get after a professional treatment. Except that you can get those results in the comfort of your own home, using such a tool. The glowing and flaw-free skin that certain people might get from using this brush is what so many are looking for, and the reason why these devices are so popular nowadays. However, seeing how skincare trends are now taking a more minimalist approach, it’s worth informing yourself before deciding to buy and use such a brush. Here we go!
Top 10 Facial Cleansing Brush Options
In the chart below, you will find my top 10 rated facial cleansing brush options. For a more in-depth review of each type, please click on the Read Review link.
Best Types of Facial Cleansing Brushes
Facial cleansing brushes have been the talk of town or the beauty world for quite some time and for many people, they have become a skincare staple. There are people out there that use such a brush every day. But as with any other product, there are a lot of options to choose from on the market. It can be a struggle to find the best facial cleansing brush for your skin type and issues, which is why we have created a simple guide on some of the best types of facial cleansing brushes, for you to obtain the best information possible and to decide what is the best alternative for you.
These tools have many names, like cleansing brushes, systems, or sonic brushes. In fact, they all talk about the same device, which promises to deep clean and exfoliate your skin. To put it simply, they are a more modern way to remove your makeup and thoroughly clean your skin. They have been proven to do a better job than your hands or makeup removing cloths, which is why so many experts recommend them. And while the terminology may sound complicated, the reality behind these brushes is fairly simple to understand. These are some of the most popular types of facial cleansing brushes, how they work, and the effects they have on your skin.
Type 1: Facial Cleansing Brushes That Use Oscillation
This particular type of facial cleansing brush is also known as the Sonic brush and works by using oscillation. And if this sounds complicated, you should know that oscillation actually means vibration that is used to deep-cleanse the skin. There are also versions that use rotating brushes to do the job, but those are usually cheaper alternatives. The problem with those is that they can exfoliate your skin too harshly. But these oscillations push the dirt out of the pores, cleaning the skin without exfoliating it too harshly. Most such brushes have oscillations that start at 9,000 per minute.
- plus Deep clean your skin
- plus Gently exfoliate it
- plus Are easy to use
- close Have a higher price
- close Can be too harsh
- close A bit difficult to get a grasp of as opposed to classic brushes
Type 2: Egg-Like Cleansing Brushes
This type of cleansing brushes is a bit different than the oscillation ones, and they don’t even look like brushes. They resemble an egg and don’t even have bristles or brush heads that are chargeable. The most popular and well-known such brushes are the FOREO ones that are made of silicone that is bacteria-resistant. They also use some soft touch points that pulsate and cleanse the skin. It’s interesting that these brushes have versions that are specially made for normal, combination, oily, and even sensitive skin types. They provide different levels of exfoliation so that each person’s skin gets the most out of this routine. Those types of facial cleansing devices are, however, on the more expensive side and require some investment.
- plus Don’t have harsh bristles
- plus Don’t use vibration or rotation
- plus Small and easy to use and carry around
- close Even more expensive than the oscillation brushes
- close Might seem weird and ineffective for some people
- close Not that easy to find and purchase
Common Features of Facial Cleansing Brushes
No matter how many types of official cleansing brushes are out there at the moment, they all have a common base and features that are present in every different variation of these tools. One of those is how people can use them, their benefits, risks, and effects on the skin. It’s also important to take into account what experts are saying about these kinds of brushes. The general opinion is that facial cleansing brushes are more suited for people with robust skin types, like oily or combination skin. Unfortunately, people suffering from rosacea, sensitive skin, or broken capillaries would do better to avoid such tools. They may be too harsh for their skin.
- check-circle-o They are easy to use– These types of brushes have a certain way in which they must be used, but it’s very simple and very effective. First, you need to make sure that you apply a foamy cleanser all over your face. Then, after wetting the brush and its bristles, use gentle circular motions across your cheeks, chin, jawline, nose, and forehead. Lymph drainage and blood flow will be encouraged with these motions, and your skin will benefit from a deeper cleansing and exfoliation.
- check-circle-o They clean and exfoliate your skin– This is probably the most obvious common feature of these facial cleansing brushes, but it is the reason why so many people prefer them nowadays. Their exfoliation and deep cleansing benefits are what drew a very large number of skin care lovers to these products. They have been on the market for quite some time but have only been recently rediscovered by both experts and normal people alike. You can also use a facial cleansing brush to gently remove your makeup after a long day when you don’t feel like moving your arms too much. All in all, there are many uses for this interesting tool which people can discover and then try on their own skin.
- check-circle-o There are many alternatives to choose from– Another common feature of this tool is that there are a lot of alternatives to choose from depending on your skin type or certain problems that you may struggle with. So, if you think that a rotating and vibrating brush may be too harsh for your skin, especially if you have the sensitive type, you can always choose the smaller, egg-like alternative that doesn’t use bristles or vibration. It is gentler on your skin while providing almost the same benefits without you having to worry about an exfoliation routine that might be too strong for you. Those are also perfect if you want to have your little device with you on holiday or when you’re traveling, as it’s very small and slim.
Things To Consider Before Buying Facial Cleansing Brushes
We have now talked about the different types of facial cleansing brushes, but it’s time to move on and detail certain things that everyone should take into consideration before deciding to buy such a product. It’s very important to note that if someone thinks that any such brush will benefit their skin, they will be very disappointed. Everyone’s skin is different and has different needs. This is why it’s very important to inform yourself as much as possible before deciding to try a new product. If you notice any unusual reaction or if your skin becomes worse after using a facial cleansing brush, stop using it immediately and talk to your dermatologist! Your skin may not be compatible with the product, and you should probably search for another alternative to cleanse and exfoliate your skin.
Do You Have Sensitive Skin
If this is the case, you should be careful to pick the right facial cleansing brush for your skin type. And while experts do not recommend the popular oscillation brushes because they can be too harsh, those mini, egg-like devices that are also in this category can help you. Some of them are specially designed to help people struggling with sensitive skin. They don’t have hard bristles and don’t use either vibration or rotation to clean and exfoliate your skin. Instead, those work by pulsating soft touch points made out of bacteria-resistant silicone. So, they are both safe and efficient, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Are You Willing To Invest In Such a Device?
This question is very important, especially if you are someone who takes their skin care routine seriously. Using any type of facial cleansing brush means being willing to invest in it because it must be said that they are not the cheapest tools out there. And while the normal and popular oscillation brushes that have bristles come in many variants and have different prices, the egg-like devices, especially if you want a FOREO, can get quite expensive. They use an ultra-modern technique, hence the higher price. So, it’s up to you if you are willing to pay a bit more money for such a device.
Are You Willing To Regularly Use It?
It’s very important to figure out how many times a week you should use your facial cleansing brush. Normal skin types can use it every day without any problems at all. However, if you are only now beginning your routine, you should take it easy and use it once or twice a week. If you have sensitive skin, you should only use it maximum two times every week, even if we are talking about a device that uses pulsations and not bristles. But it’s also important to be willing and make the time to regularly use this brush. Otherwise, the effects won’t show up and you might complain about the quality of the device.
Questions To Ask Before Buying a Facial Cleansing Brush
In this part of our article, we will be talking about certain important questions that you should ask before deciding to buy and use a facial cleansing brush. This is very important because the answers to these questions will provide you with a better understanding of what this device actually does and how it should be used. Here we go!
Q: Will I break out after using this brush?
A: Most of the times, you will break out in certain spots or have pimples when first using this device. But you shouldn’t worry or panic because it’s perfectly normal. If this does happen, stop using the brush for a few days, until your skin gets better. Then you should slowly start re-introducing the brush into your routine because your skin will be already prepared for the cleansing and exfoliation that will follow. Apart from this, as a side effect, your skin might start flaking, but this is also normal. This is,in fact, dead skin which gets removed by the brush.
Q: How often should I use it?
A: According to certain manufacturers, facial cleaning brushes can be used even twice a day, in the morning and evening. However, dermatologists recommend using it only once every day. In case you have sensitive skin, using it twice a week is a good idea. The problem with overusing such a device is that your skin might become extra clean, but it may also be more prone to sensitivity. So, it’s better to find a balance and not overuse your brush.
Q: Which cleansers work best with a facial cleansing brush?
A: Experts recommend using a foamy facial cleanser with such brushes and never use them by themselves. An exfoliator is also not a very good idea because it may make the exfoliation process even harsher on the skin. Also, the granules can be very difficult to remove from the bristles of the brush and those remains could possibly put bacteria back on your face. As for oil-based cleaners, these are also not recommended because they can clog up the bristles. So, a foam or a gel facial cleanser would be the best choice for using with a facial cleansing brush.
Why Are Facial Cleansing Brushes Awesome?
The list of reasons why facial cleansing brushes are so awesome and valuable is almost endless. We have already discussed most of these benefits in our article, but there are even more that you should know about. Such a device is incredibly effective and easy to use, hence why it has become so popular among skin care lovers and experts alike. They provide a deep-cleansing and exfoliation of the skin that is similar to what you obtain after a professional facial at a salon. Except that you can now do this in the comfort of your own home, by yourself. So, here are some more reasons why facial cleansing brushes are so awesome. Enjoy!
They Improve Circulation
Some experts have compared using a facial cleansing brush with having a “mini-microdermabrasion” or a “mini-massage” done professionally. It is able to stimulate the surface of the skin, improving circulation, and providing a more radiant and smother-looking skin. The effects will become visible after just a few uses. It also cleans and tightens the pores while encouraging lymphatic drainage. This means that your skin will get a boost when it comes to its detox processes.
They Make Your Skin Absorb Products Better
Another reason why these facial cleansing brushes are so awesome is that they clean your skin so well that it will absorb any product that you apply a lot better. The serum, the moisturizer, or any other product you may want to apply afterward, your skin will receive it a lot better, and you will see better and quicker results.
Recommended Best Sellers
- FACE CLEANSING DEVICE: This dermatologist-designed exfoliating facial brush...
- MAXIMIZE YOUR MOISTURIZER: Prime skin to maximize the hydrating effect of your...
- 2 SPEEDS FOR 2 CLEANS: Choose between a daily deep clean or gentle exfoliation
- It comes with 3 different heads to fit different request, and all heads can...
- Two speeds: “Low” for daily cleaning, “High” for exfoliation.
- This unit should not be immersed in water. CLSEVXY facial spin brush powered by...
- Distinctive Facial Brush: Ultra Hygienic Soft Silicone rubber exterior provides...
- Glowing Skin: Gain vibrant confidence in your face with a deeper, cleaner,...
- Portable & Induction Charging- Shaped as a oval, handy design makes it easier to...
Now that we are nearing the end of our article on the best ten facial cleansing brush options for 2018, it’s time to provide some more answers to the most common questions that people have. Their curiosities are usually similar, hence the need to provide the answers that people need in regards with this incredible tool. So, in case we failed to answer your specific question, keep reading and you might find what you’re looking for below. Enjoy!
- chevron-circle-right Q: Won’t a facial cleansing brush spread bacteria on my face?
- chevron-circle-rightA: This is only possible if you do not cleanse the bristles of your brush, or the device itself, properly after each use. You should rinse it with lukewarm water and use gentle liquid soap to remove any residue that may be left, whether it’s makeup or dirt. Then, with your clean fingers, massage the bristles for a minute in a clockwise movement. Switch to counterclockwise and repeat for a few more minutes. It’s also important to soak your brush in rubbing alcohol for one minute once a week to disinfect it. Let the brush air dry on a dry and clean towel. It’s also recommended to replace the brush head every three months and never share your device with anyone else! That spells trouble!
- chevron-circle-right Q: Can I use it if I have acne on my face?
- chevron-circle-rightA: Yes, you can use a facial cleansing brush if you have acne, as long as you don’t go too harsh and use a cleanser that’s specially made for your problem. A brush can eliminate the excess sebum and remove the bacteria that is causing the acne. If your pimples start becoming angry, take a break and try again. However, you should never use such a brush if you have cystic acne. This occurs below the skin and usually hurts and using such a brush will only make things worse.
To wrap it all up, this was our article on the ten best facial cleansing brush options for this year. We hope that we have provided you with some of the best answers to any questions that you might have had about facial cleansing brushes. You should now know a lot more about this popular and very interesting device which has taken the world of skin care by storm in recent months. We have already mentioned how you should use this device, how to properly clean and keep it in order to avoid any skin problems that might occur.
And while some people might not be willing to invest a little bit more in such a device, it’s worth noting that the benefits of using it regularly are enormous and skin-changing. If used correctly, and with the right cleanser. A facial cleansing brush can get rid of acne, clogged pores, dry skin, and can provide a deep-cleansing that otherwise you can only get at a salon. So, what did you think about our article on the ten best facial cleansing brush options for this year? Do you still have questions? Are you going to invest and try this tool now or are you still not convinced about its effectiveness? Tell us your opinion about this amazing device down below!
External References and Citations
- chevron-circle-right Which facial cleansing brush is right for you?
- chevron-circle-right Is a facial cleansing brush doing more harm than good?
- chevron-circle-right How to choose the best facial cleansing brush for you
Last update on 2021-09-24 at 18:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API