If you want to have clearer complexion and healthier skin, there is a new trend in the beauty and cosmetic industry: the volcanic ash mask. Volcanic ash is known to heal skin issues, and it has been used for centuries, by ancient civilizations. This treatment has a lot of benefits. Below, we have also added a simple recipe that you can prepare at home on your own.
The Benefits of a [easyazon_link identifier=”B00F5NVSIA” locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]Volcanic Ash Mask[/easyazon_link]
- It has disinfectant properties, and it works miracles for your blood.
- Supports your body’s oxidation reactions.
- Protects your cells’ protoplasm.
- Aids the collagen’s synthesis, which is a critical factor in achieving a healthy and beautiful skin.
- Removes dead cells from your skin’s superficial layers.
- Cleans and unclogs pores, leaving your complexion smooth and clear.
- Stimulates your blood circulation, which also improves the way your skin looks, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Restores your skin’s pH, opening blackheads and evening your skin’s tone.
- Gets you rid of stretch marks.
DIY Volcanic Ash Mask – Acne & Cleansing Treatment
To make this volcanic ash mask, you will need the following ingredients:
- Volcanic ash clay or bentonite clay.
- Floral water or herbal tea.
- White clay.
- Distilled water.
- Jojoba essential oil.
- Vegetable glycerin.
The necessary steps to prepare the volcanic ash mask:
- Make sure your herbal tea or floral water are ready. You can even prepare these two ingredients a couple of hours before making the actual face mask. Put all the other ingredients on a table and weigh them to obtain the proper amounts: 30 percent volcanic ash, 20 percent distilled water, 25 percent white clay, 12 percent floral water, three percent jojoba oil, and ten percent vegetable glycerin.
- Take a mixing container and put both volcanic ash and white clay in it. Use a harder spoon to mix it. You can even use your hands but make sure to wear gloves.
- Continue the process by pouring all the liquid ingredients: herbal tea, distilled water, and vegetable glycerin.
- Use the blender to combine them smoothly, and eliminate all the lumps. Go on until a smooth paste is formed. Now, you can also add your essential oil. I usually use jojoba oil, but you can add whatever oil you want. After adding the oil, stir the paste manually.
- Your volcanic ash mask is now done, and you are ready to store it in several jars. Put the lids on top of the jars and always stick a label to remember what the jars contain.
Putting It All Together
A volcanic ash mask has a wide range of benefits for your skin and health. The above-presented recipe is good for your face, removing dead cells and fighting against acne. Your skin’s toxins will be absorbed almost instantly. Clean your face, then apply the mask in a thin layer. Wait for about 15 minutes and remove it with lukewarm water. Don’t forget to apply a moisturizer cream afterward. All this process will speed up your complexion’s healing process due to the mask’s antibacterial properties.
Image source: 1