Nutritional cleansing is the new trend right now when it comes to losing weight and being healthy. Everyone is talking about it. But what exactly does this concept mean? According to specialists, our organisms accumulate residues and impurities because of pollution, stress, and poor diet. A nutritional cleansing will nourish your body, boosting your blood circulation, and flushing out toxins. Here are some more details about this eating regimen.
What Is Nutritional Cleansing?
Nutritional cleansing is quite similar to a detox process. During it, you will create the perfect conditions for your organism to cleans itself up. However, it must be kept during a short period. Some say that this is a great way to speed up the nutrients movement in your body. Others are more straightforward and state that this cleansing process will help you dump all the junk from your organism.
How Does a Nutritional Cleansing Work?
When we hear about detoxing or cleansing, we think about fruits, vegetables, and plenty of liquids. Well, this is not that far from the truth. But nutritional cleansing is a little more complex than that. First of all, you need to clean up your eating habits. Choose fiber-rich foods instead of sugary and processed ones.
Don’t forget to eat dark leafy greens every day. They contain extremely beneficial nutrients and speed up your body’s method to flush out toxins. You can either add them to your salads or cook them. If you choose the second option, try not to overdo it, though.
Eat whole grains instead of white processed bread. You can also include whole pasta, brown rice, and oats. Go for lean protein meat such as lean beef, eggs, turkey, chicken, and fish. You shouldn’t eliminate healthy fats. For example, peanuts, olive oil, and avocado are all great when it comes to being healthy while losing weight.
Get rid of processed foods from your daily diet. You should give up on eating French fries, fast food, sweets, cookies, and other unhealthy products . On the bright side, you can still eat a small amount of dark chocolate. Finally, probably the most important aspect would be to drink a lot of fluids, especially water. Stay away from fizzy, sugary drinks.
Pros and Cons of Nutritional Cleansing
- Nourishes your body, boosting your circulatory system.
- Helps you get rid of toxins from your organism.
- Leads to a better lifestyle, energizing and refreshing you.
- Supports you in your diet, and helps you lose weight quicker and easier.
- Improves your vision as well as your skin.
- Boosts your immune system as well as hair quality.
- Sudden changes in your usual diet might lead to mild issues such as gas and bloating. This happens because your organism is trying to adjust.
- Certain groups of people (like kids, teenagers, or pregnant women) should not undergo nutritional cleansing since it might not provide all the necessary nutrients and calories for healthy human development.
- Prolonged cleansing can lead to other health issues. These diets are designed to be kept only for a short period.
Nutritional cleansing is quite different from a stricter diet or from fasting. And your body will know the difference. Moreover, it is safer than a prolonged detoxing period, which, if it’s not controlled might harm your health. Before starting a detox period, make sure to check all the facts, and even consult your doctor, if necessary.
Image source: 1