All people, especially women lose water weight first and then burn fat when they start a diet. Human body retains water which makes you skin look puffy and bloated. This happens when you are dehydrated, and you live a sedentary life. We have gathered a list of the most effective recommendations on how to lose water weight quickly.
Main Tips On How to Lose Water Weight
Change Your Diet
- Drink plenty of water. I know that drinking more water to lose liquids may sound funny, but it is true. Your body retains water when you are dehydrated. The best way to drink liquids is to sip instead of swallowing a huge quantity all at once.
- Eat less salt. When your body has a high level of sodium, it starts retaining water. When it comes to how to lose water weight, eating less salty foods is one of the best recommendations. Foods like frozen meals and canned soups contain a lot of sodium.
- Include more fibers in your diet. Foods that are rich in fibers help your urinary tract to function better. Therefore, you will eliminate liquids more often. Whole cereals, yogurt, raw fruits, and veggies, are among the best things to eat when you want to consume more fibers.
- Drink more tea. Tea is well-known for its diuretic properties. It helps your organism release fluids. You should combine tea consumption with water to make sure your body is always hydrated.
Change Your Lifestyle
- Sleep more. When it comes to how to lose water weight, sleep is as important as a healthy diet and regular exercise. During sleep, our organisms eliminate toxins from the brain. A proper sleeping schedule lowers water retention. You should rest at least seven hours each night.
- Stress less. When you always feel stressed out, your body produces cortisol. This element increases water retention. Cortisol also goes by the name of antidiuretic hormone. It sends signals to your kidneys, and it makes them pump water back into your body.
- Exercise more frequently. Another way to release stress and lose water weight is by exercising regularly. During workouts, you organism sweats, which means that toxins are flushed out from your body.
Take Magnesium Supplements
Magnesium is both an electrolyte and a mineral. It is one of the most popular supplements for better sports performance. Magnesium has plenty of benefits for your body and health. Studies have shown that this supplement can significantly reduce water weight. Along with other elements such as sodium and potassium, magnesium controls the liquids balance in your organism. To find out the proper dosage, don’t hesitate to consult your physician.
Putting It All Together
Bottom line, when it comes to how to lose water weight, the best answer is changing your entire lifestyle. Take care of what you eat and how often you exercise. Drink plenty of water and stay away from salty foods. If the problem doesn’t go away, you should seek a doctor’s opinion. He/she will know best what causes your problem and what treatment to recommend.