We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you want to avoid shaving, tweezing or waxing, a great alternative is a hair removal cream. You simply apply it to your desired area, and it will do the work for you. After a couple of minutes, you can wipe it off, and you will get rid of all the unwanted hair. It is a simple and quick solution. Furthermore, unlike other methods, depilatory lotions will moisturize your skin. Let’s see what are the advantages and disadvantages of these creams and what recommendations you should follow.
What Is a Hair Removal Cream and How Does It Work?
Hair removal creams are also known as depilatories. These lotions will quickly remove all the unwanted hair from your body and face. The results can last up to several weeks but in some cases will last only a few days, depending on your organism. This is similar with shaving, without causing dry skin. All you have to do is to apply the cream on your skin, and leave it there for a couple of minutes.
Then, wipe it off and clean that specific area. Don’t rub it, only cleanse it gently with warm water. These creams work because they dissolve the hairs. To avoid skin damage, burns or irritations, you should always follow the instructions written on the cream’s package. Also, don’t keep it on your skin longer than you should. The best thing to do is to apply it only on a small surface at first to see whether your skin reacts unusually to it or not.
Pros and Cons of Hair Removal Cream
- It is a pain-free method to remove hair.
- Hair removal creams work quick, and they are simple to apply and use.
- These products don’t cost too much, being affordable.
- The results will only last from a couple of days to a couple of weeks, which is not as long as in the case of waxing.
- Even though a hair removal cream will make your skin smoother, this will only last for a maximum of five days.
- If you have darker hair, the lotion might not have the power to remove it completely.
- Most of these creams have a bad smell.
- If you have sensitive skin, the cream might cause allergies and irritations.
Main Tips on How to Use a Hair Removal Cream
- You should buy the right type of cream that suits your skin. There are a plenty of options you can choose from. However, if your skin is sensitive, you should purchase a brand that contains ingredients such as Aloe Vera or green tea. If you have any doubts, you should consult a dermatologist.
- An allergy test is a wise thing to do. Before applying the cream all over your skin, you should wipe a small amount of lotion on a small skin Wipe it off after a couple of minutes, then wait 24 hours to see how your skin reacts to it.
- Your skin will be a little red after wiping off the cream. Don’t panic! This is totally normal.
- Before applying the lotion, take a shower to remove all body creams or shower gels.
If you are tired of shaving, or you want to avoid painful methods, you can opt for a hair removal cream. It will help you get rid of unwanted hairs in no time. However, these lotions contain chemicals, so make sure to read all the instructions and warnings on the package. If you have any doubts, feel free to seek a dermatologist’s help.
Image source: 1