Millions of people are searching for that miracle cure that will help them take off the pounds. There is no magic solution as the only thing that truly works long-term is taking in fewer calories than you spend each day. However, your dietary choices do play a role in the effectiveness of your weight loss beyond their calorie content. There are foods that aid your body in burning fat thanks to their unique properties.
Some turn off fat genes, some help to build muscle and take that energy from adipose cells, some make you feel fuller for longer, and some rev up your metabolism and help you burn fat more efficiently. Here at Beautifullyalive.org, we’re profiling ten of the most effective natural fat burners that you can regularly fit into your diet. With these healthy and delicious foods, you’ll find it easier than ever to take off the calories and keep them off.
Natural Fat Burners FAQs
1. Are these fat burners food items I can eat every day?
Yes! You may be surprised to find that items you already eat every day are included.
2. Should I increase my intake of these fat burners? Are they generally healthy?
They are all normal parts of a healthy diet. Be advised that several of them contain good fats and can be high in calories. These items are best eaten in moderation.
3. Is there a specific diet I should follow to incorporate these natural fat burners?
No special diet is necessary. These items can be eaten mixed in with your usual diet. It is key to ensure that your diet overall is working towards the goal of weight loss and burning fat. Watch your calories in versus calories out.
4. Are these food items easily accessible? Where can I find them?
All ten of these items will be available in some form at your local supermarket and can be eaten or prepared at home.
5. Are these fat burners recommended for all ages? Is there anything a child shouldn’t consume?
Nine of these items are recommended for all ages. The only exception is coffee with its high caffeine content.
How we Reviewed
The following natural fat burners were reviewed based on these parameters: affordability, taste, calorie content, versatility, ease of preparation, and accessibility.
Overall Price Range Of This Product
All these natural fat burners are highly affordable, and many are purchased in bulk, meaning they can be used repeatedly for only cents a serving. These include oatmeal, cayenne pepper, and coffee. The higher-end items include fatty fish, guacamole, and coconut oil. These will most often still be only a few dollars a serving.
What We Reviewed
- Fatty Fish
- Cayenne Pepper
- Coconut Oil
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green Tea
- Dark Chocolate
With a rich flavor and full of omega-3 fatty acids, fatty fish is an indulgent way to lose body fat, reduce cortisol (which leads to less fat storage), and decrease the risk of heart disease. Fish is a source of high-quality protein, and eating protein has been shown to keep you full longer and reduce your metabolic rate. This keeps you from snacking throughout the day. Ideal fish include salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel, and trout. Eating a minimum of 3.5 ounces of fatty fish twice a week is a great way to supplement your diet.
Fatty fish comes in many varieties. Canned sardines, herring, salmon, or mackerel is available at your local grocery store. Pickled herring comes in multiple sizes, with most jars being in the cheaper price range. Smoked salmon can be higher price a pound, depending on origin.
- It is dried cured with salt and sugar, then undergoes a cold smoking process...
- Fine Gourmet Corporate Holiday Gift for Someone Special
- Pinnacle uses pearlize interleaving, making it easier to separate the slices
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids have many health benefits.
- Fatty fish is a rich-tasting product that feels indulgent while being good for you.
- Available in many variations including canned, pickled, smoked, and fresh.
- Fatty fish is high in calories and should be eaten in moderation.
- Non-canned varieties can be expensive, especially when it comes to smoked salmon.
- Fishy taste may not appeal to everyone.
Not only does Cayenne Pepper give your food a spicy kick, but it can also help in burning fat. According to a recent study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, daily consumption of capsaicin (one of the key components of cayenne pepper) helps to stimulate fat loss in the abdomen by boosting the body’s metabolism. This boosts the body’s ability to convert food into energy, leading to less excess fat. Cayenne pepper also has the benefit of acting as a natural appetite suppressant. Due to its spicy taste, it is best used in moderation – just add a pinch of the spice to any food item you think could use a little kick, and you will see the difference in your appetite and your body.
- Simply Organic, Cayenne Organic, 2.89 Ounce
- Easy to add to meat, fish, and vegetables at any meal.
- Serves a dual purpose in boosting metabolism and lowering appetite.
- Adds virtually no calories to your diet.
- Hundreds of servings out of one container.
- Intense spicy taste may not appeal to anyone.
- Caution needed to avoid over-spicing a meal.
Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world and provides a boost of caffeine that can enhance mental and physical performances. It also has the advantage of helping to burn fat. People to took caffeine an hour before exercise burned almost twice as much fat and were able to exercise longer.
This is because caffeine boosts the metabolic rate by up to thirteen percent. It puts your body into overdrive. To avoid overdosing on caffeine (which can lead to insomnia and anxiety), it is best to aim for moderate intake. This is one to four cups of coffee a day, depending on strength. Coffee is an overall boost to fat burning, but make sure to be careful what you add to it – the calories in sugar and cream can add up.
- Subtly complex medium-light roast with chocolatey notes
- Three 12-ounce bags of ground coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Nicaragua
- Coffee is a normal part of many people’s diets anyway, meaning this is an easy addition.
- A cup of coffee is only pennies when made at home.
- Can be made as strong or as light as each person wants.
- Coffee flavor is strong and not to everyone’s tastes.
- Many pre-made coffee drinks are expensive and replace natural caffeine with fat and sugar.
- Hidden calories of cream and sugar can sabotage your diet if you don’t keep track.
Avocados are one of the most effective fat-burning snacks out there. They are full of vitamin B6, which counters cortisol and keeps belly fat from building up. In addition, they are loaded with the healthy monounsaturated fats that regulate the expression of fat genes. These fats also have the effect of keeping you full longer as studies show that people who eat half an avocado with lunch are less likely to eat again in the hours that follow. Pre-packaged guacamole is available, and can also be made with a fresh ripe avocado and spiced to taste.
- All natural and made with 5 simple ingredients
- Healthy snacking and meals for the entire family
- Versatile and delicious
- Avocados are filling and high in healthy fats.
- Guacamole can be made with any number of healthy mix-ins and spices, making it easy to add fellow fat burners like cayenne pepper.
- Filling enough to be a meal in itself.
- Avocados are high in calories and should be eaten in moderation.
- Packaged guacamole can be overpriced.
- Preparing a fresh avocado with a knife can be challenging and requires practice.
While many diets advise you to abstain from carbs, it is actually far healthier to keep a regular amount of whole-grain carbs in your diet. People who eat three or more servings of whole grains a day have ten percent less body fat than those who eat processed white carbs. This is because of the fiber in whole grains and the way they digest slowly, keeping you full longer. Oats are among the most nutritious and easiest to prepare of the whole grain carbs. Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast choice and can be cooked to your desired level of softness and flavored with the sweet or savory additions of your choice.
- Heart Healthy Whole Grains – Quaker Oats are 100% Whole Grains.
- Diets rich in whole grain foods and other plant foods
- Low in saturated fat & cholesterol may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Easy to prepare for breakfast.
- Easy to customize with fruit or spices.
- Each serving of oatmeal is only pennies to prepare.
- Requires time to cook each morning.
- Mix-ins can quickly add calories.
- Flavored mixes can be overpriced.
Eggs are one of the most popular proteins in the world and are a mainstay of most American breakfasts. Not only are eggs a great source of lean protein, but they’re also rich in choline. This fat-burning nutrient suppresses the genes responsible for storing belly fat. People who eat a breakfast heavy on lean protein are much less likely to eat again before lunch than someone who eats a breakfast heavy on carbs. Eggs can be prepared in any number of ways including scrambled, fried, baked, or omelets. Some preparations are healthier than others, and it is important to be aware of the calorie content of each preparation.
- Eggs make for an easy-to-prepare main dish for breakfast or lunch.
- Low in fat (except when fried) and high on nutrients.
- Very versatile and can be prepared in a lot of ways.
- A carton of eggs can make for several meals.
- Certain preparations can be high in fat and calories.
- Egg allergies are becoming more common, and eggs are not suitable for everyone.
Some fats are healthier than others. Compared to some of its fellow oils, coconut oil is full of health benefits. It increases “good” HDL cholesterol, which decreases your triglycerides. This helps you lose weight by boosting your metabolism. Studies showed that adding two tablespoons of coconut oil per day to your usual diet leads to losing one inch of fat from the waist without making any other dietary changes. The fats in coconut oil are MCTs, which have been shown to suppress appetite. Coconut oil remains stable at high temperatures, making it ideal for cooking. It is best to start with one tablespoon a day and build up to two.
- MADE FROM FRESH, ORGANIC COCONUTS – Cold-pressed from fresh, organic coconuts,...
- PERFECT FOR COOKING, FRYING & SPREADING - With a naturally high smoke point...
- NUTRIENT-RICH SKIN & HAIR-CARE TREATMENT – Super useful outside the kitchen,...
- Has a direct impact on reducing body fat.
- Ideal for cooking, making it a healthy alternative for frying and sauteeing.
- Many health benefits in small doses.
- High in calories, meaning it should be consumed in moderation.
- Can cause minor digestive issues at first.
- One of the more expensive options.
Like oatmeal, Sweet Potatoes are “slow carbs.” They digest slowly, which keeps you feeling fuller and energized for longer. They contain a host of positive nutrients, including carotenoids (antioxidants which stabilize blood sugar levels and lower insulin resistance, preventing calories from becoming fat) and vitamins A, C, and B6. They can be used in many of the same ways potatoes can – baked, mashed, or cooked in soups and stews – while having a sweeter taste that is well-liked by kids.
- Highly versatile and useful in many recipes.
- “Slow carb” with a good nutritional profile, making them a healthy and filling choice.
- Reasonably priced at most grocers.
- Heavy in carbs, making them unsuited for certain low-carb diets.
- Certain preparations can add calories.
This tea has been found to have many health benefits. Many teas boost metabolism, block the creation of fat cells, speed up the conversion of fat, and turn off fat genes, but green tea has additional nutrients. It is high in the antioxidant ECGC, which works to burn fat and prevent it from forming. Green tea works best when paired with a workout. Studies show that if you drink four to five cups of green tea daily and work out for twenty-five minutes, you’ll lose more belly fat than those who simply work out.
- 100% NATURAL & GREEN TEA LEAVES - Exclusive Long Leaf Green Tea rich with...
- 100% NATURAL 14 DAY DETOX TEA - Unlike popular 14 Day Detox Tea, 14 Day...
- A BRAND WITH A BILLION DREAMS - Established in India by a 26-year-old, 4th...
- Low in caffeine compared to coffee and green tea.
- Mild taste makes it easier to drink this zero-calorie tea without sweeteners.
- Many health benefits and nutrients in each cup.
- Each box of green tea provides many cups.
- Doesn’t give the caffeine boost of other teas.
- Can have a minor diuretic effect in excess.
- Organic green tea can be expensive.
Everyone loves chocolate, and the good news is that dark chocolate can be a healthy part of a fat-burning diet. Studies have found that dark chocolate ferments in the stomach and boosts the body’s production of butyrate, a fatty acid that encourages the body to burn fat and turns off genes that cause inflammation. Pairing dark chocolate with fruit boosts this effect. Make sure to look for chocolate with a pure cacao content of over seventy percent, to ensure the highest concentration of antioxidants.
- Contains 12 individually wrapped 90% cocoa dark chocolate bars, perfect for...
- A full-bodied dark chocolate; masterfully crafted to be smooth and rich with...
- Lindt chocolate is expertly crafted with the finest ingredients
- Dark chocolate is good in both desserts and savory flavors.
- Many health benefits and positive compounds.
- Dark chocolate is far lower in calories and fat than milk/white varieties.
- Dark chocolate high in cacao content can be too bitter for some.
- High-quality dark chocolate can be expensive.
With these natural fat burners, you can’t lose. Every one of them has significant health benefits and can easily be incorporated into a normal healthy diet. However, in terms of versatility and health benefits, the best of the ten is green tea. It has almost all the benefits of regular tea plus its own unique properties. It is also the only one of the ten fat burners that makes it easier to lose weight while working out and boosts your fat burning ability.