I have some scalp skin problems (extreme sensitivity and extreme skin dryness) and I am battling dandruff for years. I even have tried many types of shampoos (both high end and regular low cost ones). I fare best with herbal remedies, natural and organic products, and homemade recipes, as my dry itchy skin cannot take chemicals, sulfates, parabens, and other compounds. I even eliminated some foods from my diet. I wear my hair rather long and colored and after 30 years of dandruff pain, I decided to listen to my sister and buy the Om Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo.
My sister has little to no scalp and hair problems. However, I took her word: this shampoo was natural, herbal, safe, and promised excellent results.
I have been exploiting this shampoo for a month and I have no dandruff or itchiness to bother me anymore! I noticed significant changes after one week of using it. This is one of the most effective anti-dandruff shampoos I tested so far.
After careful thought, as I do not essentially have the expertise of writing reviews, I made the decision to share my joy with the rest of you.
Things to Consider before Buying the Om Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo
People with dandruff and other skin and hair problems can easily relate to my endless concerns regarding my health and my looks. Dry itchy scalp with dandruff tendencies requires special treatment. My sensitive skin and scalp do not do well with drugstore shampoos, sulfate shampoos, medicated or chemical products of any kind, and so on. In other words, I always use as many natural and organic ingredients as I can. This shampoo fits the bill in the organic department, having excellent results.
These are the main things you should know before you buy this product:
- Possible side effects: The shampoo should not cause any side effects on anybody since it contains only organic and natural ingredients. However, if you feel some discomfort while using it, discontinue the use of the product.
- Efficiency: Dandruff became a solvable problem after a few uses. It left my scalp feeling tingly and fresh, with less and less dandruff and itchiness. My hair became more manageable, easier to comb and style. It also got smoother, shinier, and more voluminous.
- Scent: The scent is nice. It smells minty and flowery in the same time (I think because of the peppermint and orchid oils). While it does not smell chemical or medicinal, the scent may be a bit too heavy for some (because there are so many scented ingredients and they somehow mix). The fragrance is not pungent and it does not clash against your other perfumes or deodorants, but I for one did not want to eat the shampoo as the ad said I would.
- Type of hair and skin: The shampoo works well for all types of hair and skin. My boyfriend tested it as well and its effects pleasantly surprised him. I am talking about reducing dandruff, leaving the scalp squeaky clean and rejuvenating hair (promoting hair growth).
- Multiple hair benefits: This shampoo has a few extra benefits besides the dandruff control and deep scalp and hair cleansing. It also corrects excess scalp sebum, heals itchiness, soars, flakes, and patches, and contributes to better looking hair. It helps with unclogging hair follicles, moisturizes hair, and restores the bounce and shine of your hair. If you use it for longer times, I think it will also promote hair regrowth and strengthening.
- Family friendly: My boyfriend also tried this shampoo for a few times. While he does not suffer from psoriasis or other dermatological scalp problems, he also said the shampoo have him a better feel and look, with dandruff reduction and stronger hair.
- Texture: The shampoo has a rather runny, watery texture. It is smooth, but not as thick as you would imagine. Since it does not contain sulfates, the product is rather liquid.
Who Should Buy This Shampoo
This is a great shampoo containing many organic ingredients, herbal extracts and essential oils, which get you rid of dandruff, scalp psoriasis, dry/oily patches, itchiness, dermatitis, and other issues. It is also a nice herbal remedy for hair rejuvenation.
Who Should Not Buy This Shampoo
If you are allergic or sensitive to any of this shampoo’s ingredients, you should look for something else. You should look for alternatives in case you experience severe skin and hair symptoms and you need a medicated shampoo coming with a dermatologist’s recommendation.
Om Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo
This Om Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo contains neem, basil, willow bark, pumpkin seed oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamins B3 and H, wild peppermint oil, and orchid oil among others. It solves dandruff issues, prevents flakes and itchiness and provides relief from eczema, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis. It also shows promise in the hair regrowth and thickening department.
I think I can sum up everything by conveying the pros and cons of this shampoo as follows:
- Effective for dandruff control
- Multiple hair benefits
- Organic and sulfate free
- It foams and lathers poorly
- You need to use it more often than medicated shampoos
- Runny texture
Om Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo Features and Benefits
I will buy more of this product and for all the right reasons, I think. It may be a bit off-putting in terms of scent or texture, but when you leave dandruff all over the place and you scratch your head as if you have lice, the shampoo’s smell or density are the least of your problems.
I want to write down a list containing the main features and benefits of this shampoo and get into some details.
- It is a herbal remedy for hair, scalp, and skin conditions (itchy scalp, eczema, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis)
- The Ayurvedic herbs as soap nuts and shikakai gently clean your hair without stripping the essential nutrients while strengthen the hair follicles.
- The DHT blockers like pumpkin seed oil and the added biotin prevent hair loss.
- Contains neem, holy basil, and willow bark. They prevent dandruff and provide relief from scalp issues.
- It is 100% plant based. No sulfates, parabens, silicones, petrochemicals of artificial fragrance.
- Improves moisture and shine, while repairing, strengthening, and protecting your scalp and hair with essential amino acids.
- It is color safe.
- No animal testing, vegan and gluten free.
- It contains Moroccan argan oil that hydrates and softens your hair, leaving it tangle-free and manageable, with a healthy body, texture, volume, and shine.
- It can protect your hair from environmental damage. It even rejuvenates, restores and revitalizes dry, damaged or stressed hair.
- It is gender and age independent, thus becoming family friendly.
- It is made in the USA.
- The company provides you with a 100% money back guarantee if the product does not meet your expectations or has any negative impact.
Alternatives to the Om Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo
When you search the Internet for a specific product, you also bump into other similar products as well. I listed here three alternatives to this shampoo, hoping that they may work even better for you. I think I will also test at least one or two of them, mainly the ones coming with natural ingredients.
This shampoo works well for both men and women. This shampoo is medicated and recommended for more serious dandruff and scalp issues. It comes with dermatologists’ recommendation for scalp eczema and psoriasis. While I think my scalp and hair will not like the ingredients in this shampoo due to their extreme sensitiveness, I am convinced this shampoo, which has a strong name in the best dandruff shampoo department, does help many people.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want a medicated shampoo that has anti-dandruff properties and comes with doctor’s recommendations for psoriasis, scalp eczema, dermatitis and other skin issues.
Om Botanical Shampoo vs. Nizoral Shampoo Comparison
- Both have anti-dandruff properties;
- The Ketoconazole 1% in Nizoral controls flaking, scaling, and itching;
- Nizoral comes with doctors’ recommendations;
- Nizoral does not come with so many multiple hair benefits;
- Nizoral is cheaper.
If you want an alternative to this Om Botanical shampoo, check out the Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampooas well. It may even work better for your more complex and severe hair and scalp problems that need medical care.
This is another interesting alternative in the best dandruff shampoo of organic nature.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want to control dandruff, itchiness, head eczema, and psoriasis. People who want to get better looking hair, and feel better about their hair overall with the help of natural and organic ingredients.
Om Botanical Shampoo vs. Puriya Shampoo Comparison
- Both work great for dandruff control;
- Om Botanical comes only with organic ingredients;
- Both are made in the USA ;
- Both come with a 180-Day Money Back Guarantee;
If you want an alternative to the Om Botanical shampoo that covers plenty of scalp and hair issues, check out the Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo as well!
This is another excellent option in the best dandruff shampoos department, and it seems to be unisex as well. It also seems to be natural or containing mostly natural ingredients and extracts.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want natural/organic hair care, dandruff control, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis control.
Om Botanical Shampoo vs. Maple Holistics Sage Shampoo
- Both are dandruff-control products;
- Maple Holistics contains both natural and artificial ingredients;
- Both promise to stimulate hair growth;
- Both seem to be gender and age independent;
- Maple Holistics is cheaper.
If you think that you need mild dandruff control and some hair restoration, then the Maple Holistics Sage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo may work great for you and your entire family!
The anti-dandruff effects were great. My scalp does not itch anymore and I definitely do not shed dandruff all over my clothes or the place. My scalp doesn’t itch any longer and I relish luscious, voluminous, soft, and glossy hair. My boyfriend also enjoyed the looks and feel offered by the shampoo. The Om Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo worked great after only a few washes. After a few weeks, I felt and looked amazing. To top it all, this is an organic shampoo containing plenty of good ingredients and none of the bad ones.
This product got a few minus points on scent, price, and family friendliness. Do not get me wrong: it smells nice, it is affordable, and my guy said he felt great after using the shampoo. However, the smell can be a bit heavy, you need to use the product more often, so you will run out of it faster, and my boyfriend only used the shampoo a couple of times, so he cannot vouch for his results.
If you have additional severe dermatologic issues that require medical attention, you ought to scrutinize different alternatives. This shampoo does not cause side effects and does not contain chemicals or medication. However, if your scalp suffers from rashes or different varieties of damages, scars or open wounds, severe scaling and flaking, you should talk with your doctor about shampoos coming with specific skin/hair medication.
I also want to tell you to make sure you use the shampoo within its expiration date. Even if it contains organic/natural ingredients, you cannot ever be too careful, especially if you have problematic skin and hair.
Is this product the best dandruff shampoo on the market? It may be for some, while others can certainly find something better. I will try a few of the alternatives I already mentioned, while always looking for sulfate free shampoos. Perhaps I will use some. Moreover, if you want only natural ingredients, dandruff control, itch alleviation, itchiness control, healthier and better-looking hair and amazing feel, then the Om Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo may be the answer to all your needs!
External References & Citations
- chevron-circle-right See the Amazon best dandruff shampoo list according to customers’ reviews
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Sage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightNizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Pure Tea Tree Oil Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightClear Shampoo Complete Scalp Care Anti-Dandruff Review
- chevron-circle-rightPuriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightArt Naturals Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightOm Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Anti Dandruff Thickening Shampoo with Cedarwood Review
- chevron-circle-rightRedken Dandruff Control Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightThe Wonder Seed Hemp Shampoo Review