My sister suffers from seborrheic dermatitis/eczema and some sort of scalp and skin acne. Once in two-three months, she gets these bursts of skin problems on her scalp and face, including zits and whiteheads that look like acne along her scalp line and entire forehead, flaky skin on her face, and itchy skin and scalp. It is painful for her, especially given the fact that she works with large crowds of people. Things get worse in winter, as she dehydrates even more and her hair is heavy with dandruff and flakes.
We joke around in the family about hormones, but she went to the dermatologist and learned it can all go away with the proper shampoo. So she did a little research and read a lot of online message boards. She has tried plenty of anti-dandruff shampoos, sulfate-free hair products, hair and scalp creams and lotions in the past two years. Some helped better than others did, but to no final and satisfying result. She wanted a shampoo that would build upon the results and solve her scalp and hair problems.
We were looking for the best anti-dandruff shampoo available and we stumbled upon the Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo. It promised miracles and the reviewers vouched for its positive effects. My sister decided to buy and test it. After all, it could not make things worse than they already were.
Things to Consider before Buying the Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo
People with dandruff can easily relate to our problem. Dry itchy scalp with dandruff tendencies needs special care. I have thin hair as well, with a tendency to breaking and falling. My boyfriend has thick curly hair that tangles fast. As experiments go, this shampoo fit the bill.
After three weeks of using the Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo, we reached some common conclusions – besides the fact that it works great. These are the main things you should know before you buy this product.
- Possible side effects: The shampoo should not cause any side effects on anybody since it contains natural ingredients. However, if you feel some discomfort while using it, stop using it. The shampoo is hypoallergenic, so you should be fine. If it gets in your eyes, use water to clean things up.
- Efficiency: My sister was hair-flakes and dandruff free in just one week. In the second week, her bursts of head and forehead acne faded away into oblivion. She has entered her third week of use (on a twice a week frequency) and she has never looked or felt better. She dyes her hair to cover a few gray strands, as she is over 40 (hence the hormones issue), and the shampoo protects her color as well. The main effect is that she feels no more itch and scalp pain or inflammation, dandruff is no longer there, and her hair looks beautiful, soft, and healthy.
- Scent: The scent is nice. It smells herbal with a dash of tea tree oil, which is not the most amazing scent in the world. However, the fragrance is alright and it does not clash against your usual perfume or body wash scent.
- Type of hair and skin: The shampoo works well for all types of hair and skin. They say it works amazing for oily skin, as it reduces sebum excess, but my sister had amazing results as well for her dry and problematic scalp.
- Multiple hair benefits: This shampoo does have multiple hair benefits. Besides offering you a cleansed hair and scalp, it removes dandruff, corrects excess scalp sebum, heals itchiness, soars, flakes, and patches, and contributes to hair growth and thickening. The shampoo effectively reduces scalp irritation; it moisturizes and nourishes dry or damaged hair; it removes build-up, excess oil, and other impurities to leave your hair looking and feeling healthy; it stimulates hair follicles to encourage healthy new growth.
- Family friendly: My brother in law also tried the shampoo once, to show support for my sister and he was a bit disappointed with the results. I think these results depend on each person’s type of hair and skin, but my sister’s husband saw no changes whatsoever after using the shampoo two or three times.
Who Should Buy This Shampoo
This is a great shampoo containing many natural ingredients, which gets you rid of dandruff, patches, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, acne even, hair falling, and hair frizz.
Who Should Not Buy This Shampoo
If you are allergic or sensitive to any of this shampoo’s ingredients, you should look for something else. In addition, if you look for products designed to treat your dermatological issues in a more formal, medical manner, you should also look for something else.
Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo
This Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo contains a proprietary herbal blend of Tea Tree, Arnica, Sage and Rosemary that work synergistically for best results. They are all common ingredients you can find in hair and skin treatments. Moreover, shampoo contains no harmful chemicals such as sulfate, paraben, sodium chloride or synthetic fragrances
I think I can sum up everything by conveying the pros and cons of this shampoo as my sister noted them down:
- Effective for dandruff and scalp/skin problems prevention and control
- Multiple hair benefits besides dandruff control
- Long-lasting results
- You may not like the scent
- It may not be gender and age independent
Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo Features and Benefits
As long as my sister is happy with her hair and scalp, I cannot but rate this product as great. It has its flaws, sure, but it brings great value for people who suffer from all sorts of scalp and skin issues. More importantly, my sister is the type of person appreciating natural and even organic products (of all ranges) and is more inclined to test herbal remedies.
She will buy more of this product and for all the right reasons, I think. It may not work for all people, but since it works for her problematic scalp and skin, she will clearly want to use more.
She listed some of the main features and benefits of this shampoo, so I am going to detail them as follows.
- The shampoo effectively stops scalp itching and flaking. It contains potent antifungal ingredients. An improvement is noticeable after only a few applications. When used regularly, the results build upon each other and dandruff, head scratching, inflammation and pain fade away.
- The shampoo has multiple hair benefits: The shampoo adds moisture and nutrients to your dry scalp and hair as well as increases scalp blood circulation. Continued use does return your scalp to its healthy state and may even reverse the effects of hair loss.
- The shampoo is free of sulfates, parabens, sodium chloride and fragrance. The formula contains no harsh chemicals and is PH balanced. It is safe for all hair types including damaged, curly, fine and color treated hair.
- It is made in the USA.
- The shampoo comes from a trusted brand using only natural ingredients that are mild and hypoallergenic.
- The shampoo is cruelty free, which we both my sister and I appreciate a lot.
Alternatives to the Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo
When you search the Internet for a specific product, you also bump into other similar products as well. I listed here three alternatives to this shampoo, hoping that they may work even better for you. I think my sister will test a few of them, even if she is currently a huge fan of Purya.
This shampoo can also work well for both men and women. This shampoo is medicated and recommended for more serious dandruff and scalp issues. It comes with dermatologists’ recommendation. My sister would try this with a reluctance, but she said she would try it since it comes with a recommendation for severe scalp and hair problems.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want a medicated shampoo that has anti-dandruff properties.
Puriya Shampoo vs. Nizoral Shampoo Comparison
- Both have anti-dandruff properties;
- The Ketoconazole 1% in Nizoral controls flaking, scaling, and itching;
- Nizoral comes with doctors’ recommendations;
- Nizoral does not come with so many multiple hair benefits;
- Nizoral is cheaper.
If you want an alternative to this Puryia shampoo, check out the Nizoral A-d Anti-Dandruff Shampoo as well. It may even work better for your more complex and severe hair and scalp problems that need medical care.
This is another interesting alternative in the best dandruff shampoo in the natural/organic department.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want to control dandruff, itchiness, head eczema, and psoriasis. People who want to get better looking hair, and feel better about their hair overall.
Puriya Shampoo vs. Art Naturals Shampoo Comparison
- Both work great for dandruff control;
- Art Naturals comes with tar and coal, which have been used for generations to treat a host of skin and scalp conditions;
- Both are made in the USA ;
- Puriya comes with a 180-Day Money Back Guarantee;
- Art Naturals has a bigger bottle.
If you want an alternative to the Puryia shampoo that covers plenty of scalp and hair issues, check out the Art Naturals Dandruff Shampoo! It may be what people have always been looking for!
This is another excellent option in the best dandruff shampoos department, and it seems to be unisex as well. It also seems to be natural.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want natural/organic hair care, dandruff control, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis control.
Puryia Shampoo vs. Maple Holistics Sage Shampoo Comparison
- Both are dandruff-control products;
- Maple Holistics contains both natural and artificial ingredients;
- Maple Holistics also stimulates hair growth;
- Maple Holistics seems to be gender and age independent;
If you think that you need mild dandruff control and some hair restoration, then the Maple Holistics Sage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo may work great for you!
Dandruff is a serious problem for many people. My sister also suffers from an insufferable condition that also affects her forehead, scalp, and hair. However, the Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo seemed to work great after only a few washes. The effects were great. She no longer has dandruff problems. That acne she suffers from faded away in just a week and we both hope it will not come back again in three or so months. Her scalp does not itch anymore and she enjoys now luscious, voluminous, soft, and shiny hair. She feels her scalp fully hydrated and moisturized.
If you have more severe dermatological problems that need medical attention, you should also look into other alternatives. This shampoo does not cause side effects, but if your scalp suffers from rashes or other types of damages, you may want to speak with your doctor before using it. You may also need some shampoos coming with specific skin/hair medication.
I also want to tell you to make sure you use the shampoo within its expiration date. Even if it is all natural, you can never be too careful.
Is this product the best dandruff shampoo on the market? It may be for some, while others can certainly find something better. My sister will also try a few of the alternatives I already mentioned. I think she will go for better price-quality balance and for a product that is more family friendly. However, if you want natural ingredients, dandruff control, itch alleviation, dermatitis control, healthier skin and hair, and amazing looking dyed hair, the Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo may be the answer to all your needs and wishes!
External References & Citations
- chevron-circle-right See the Amazon best dandruff shampoo list according to customers’ reviews
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Sage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightNizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Pure Tea Tree Oil Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightClear Shampoo Complete Scalp Care Anti-Dandruff Review
- chevron-circle-rightPuriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightArt Naturals Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightOm Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Anti Dandruff Thickening Shampoo with Cedarwood Review
- chevron-circle-rightRedken Dandruff Control Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightThe Wonder Seed Hemp Shampoo Review