We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
As you can probably tell by now, I love dry shampoo. When I was given this list to work on, I was super excited. This is the type of product I use pretty often because it is the perfect thing to keep my hair looking really nice between showers. I have really dry hair if I wash it everyday. By taking a break and washing it every two or three days, I can keep my hair feeling really healthy. But the issue with washing your hair less, is that your roots can start to get oily and your hair can get flat. So what I’m really looking for is a dry shampoo that will leave my hair looking and feeling super soft and silky.
To be honest, I thought that was impossible to find in a dry shampoo just for the fact that it adds a powdery substance to absorb the oils. So I thought I just needed to suck it up and just embrace the chalky feelings. But then I heard about Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo. It is made with moroccan oil, of course, and it actually leaves your hair feelings smooth and manageable. No tangles. No uncontrollable static. It still absorbs the oil, but without that gross feeling. I definitely need to check this one out!
Things to Consider When Trying Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo
When it comes to a new product that I haven’t purchased before, I always like to learn all about it. I don’t what any unwelcome surprises or to find out it wasn’t really what I was looking for. That especially goes for dry shampoo. There is more to these products than you might think. So for the sake of knowing what we’re all getting into, I want to break this down into a few simple categories!
- Scent: Moroccanoil dry shampoo smells like…well, Moroccan oil. I never actually used Moroccan oil before, so I had to look into it a little more. Basically, I figured out that you either love or hate it. The majority of the customers loved it. They thought it had a bit of a vanilla and citrus scent. But others thought it smelled more musky, which could either be good or bad depending on what you like. It really all depends on personal preference in the end!
- Hair Types: This is good for all hair types! It won’t harm your hair and it isn’t damaging. I should mention that it is only for light hair colors. They also have a darker hair option if you have dark hair and want to give this brand a try. If you have a sensitive scalp, pretty much all dry shampoos run the risk of irritation, causing an outbreak, or even making your scalp itchy. Some customers complained that this also made their hair even dryer than normal, but it was not a very frequent complaint. I would really only worry about something like that if you already have very dry or damaged hair. This product soaks up the natural oils that your scalp produces to keep your hair healthy. So, in the end, dry shampoo might not be the best idea if you have really dry hair. At least not used frequently.
- Affordability: This Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo is not exactly cheap. It is one of the highest prices on our list of the top dry shampoos. If you are very money conscious like I am, you might want to at least try some other dry shampoo options first. It’s always great if you can find a more affordable option that works for you. I would definitely recommend this if you haven’t found one that you’re happy with.
- Convenience: Dry shampoo is a wonderful option if you are super busy and on the go a lot. It’s also perfect if you want to extend the life of styled hair and save it from heat styling constantly. I personally love it because my hair isn’t very oily and it feels so much healthier if I shower at least every other day. But if I ever have to go out and feel like my hair looks just a bit too oily, dry shampoo takes care of it for me!
- Uses: Dry shampoo like this one will absorb the excess oils that make your hair look stringy and greasy. It’s a quick way to freshen up before going out. It also can save your hair from heat styling often because you can extend the life of blowouts or curls. It even adds volume to the top that will help you look like you just hopped out of the shower and styled your hair. The volume and texture can even be great for guys who hate it when their hair falls flat against their heads or make thin hair appear fuller.
- Drawbacks: The main drawback to this product is the high price tag. It comes in a 5.4oz bottle and you don’t need to use much to freshen up your hair. So this should last you a long time. But you can also find much cheaper options in bigger bottles or even twin packs. This is also only for light hair tones which can be a blessing or a curse. Some say you have to have very light hair if you don’t want to see any residue. If it turns out that this shows up easily in your hair, there are no returns for aerosol products and you will not get your money back. They do have some other products for darker hair colors though, so make sure you get the right one for you! Some customers complained that when they went to buy the Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo again, it wasn’t the same magical product that they had purchased before and it didn’t work as well. This could mean that there may be some inconsistencies in the dry shampoo batches.
Who Should Buy This Product
I would recommend this for light hair colors, like blondes or even pastel colored hair. If you have a light brown or even dark blonde, you might still be able to see the residue easily. This is the perfect product to splurge on if you want to try a new dry shampoo. There are a lot of dry shampoos that cause your hair to feel dry, chalky, heavy, or even sticky. But you won’t find that here! This will leave your hair feeling silky, smooth, and manageable. I would love to try it to see if that’s true for me.
Who Shouldn’t Buy This Product
I wouldn’t recommend this at all if you have darker hair. This is only for light tones. Some people were asking if they should buy this because they have dark hair with really light highlights. I guess they didn’t want their highlights looking dull with a darker version. But I would definitely recommend getting something neutral that is good for all hair colors if that’s the case.
I also wouldn’t recommend this for anyone with a sensitive scalp. If you break out easily with products, you will most likely have the same issue here and with a lot of other dry shampoos. That’s mainly because you spray it on your roots. It doesn’t affect many people, but you have to know yourself well enough to chance it.
Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo for Light Hair
Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo is unfortunately a bit on the pricey side. But it does come in a 5.4oz easy to apply aerosol container. This one is made for light hair colors specifically. You really only need a light spray on your roots so this should last you much longer than you would think. It not only absorbs those troublesome oils, but it also adds volume to your roots when they fall a little flat. The most unique feature of this product is the fact that it will leave your hair feeling and looking soft and silky! Which is not exactly something that is easy to find in a dry shampoo!
- Keeps hair feeling soft and smooth
- Adds volume
- For light hair colors
- Won’t leave hair feeling chalky
- May dry out fine hair
- Not always a consistent product
- Strong scent
Features and Benefits
I know we already covered the basics with this product. But to make this a little easier to compare to other products, I wanted to cover the best features of Moroccanoil dry shampoo! It is a great product that just might be worth the high price for you. But before you make your purchase, it’s always nice to learn a little more and know what to expect!
While this might be a little on the expensive side, it comes in a 5.4oz size and will last you a long time. You don’t need a lot to freshen up your hair so a little bit will go a long way!
Not only will the bottle last you a long time, but each use will keep you looking fresh all day! I always hate a product that does a great job in the beginning and falls flat halfway through the day. You won’t have to worry about that with this product!
This is specially made for lighter hair colors. That can be nice if you want something that will be really suited to your hair and blend nicely. There are some other brands that do the same thing, but they tone their product with a yellowish color. That can make your hair look a little strange at the roots. This product has more of a violet spray that can help tone out the occasional brassy color of blonde.
- Moroccan oil has a very distinct scent that so many customers love! If you have any moroccanoil shampoo or other hair products and love the scent, this will be very similar! It has sort of a deep vanilla and citrus smell that is almost woody. It sounds kind of weird, but so many people love it. Guys especially are draw to this one because they don’t have to use much and the scent is not perfume-based at all. Although it can get really strong if you use a lot at one time.
- Moroccan oil is a wonderful ingredient for hair products. It leaves your hair feeling very smooth and silky. That makes it worth the price right there! Most dry shampoos leave my already dryer hair feeling chalky and tangled. But this will keep your hair feeling wonderful and completely manageable!
- This will absorb and control the oils in your hair. It seems like it should just make it worse because it has oils in it as well. But in the end, it absorbs the oils without damaging your hair!
Just in case, I always like to give you a few other options. There might not always be a huge difference between these products. But the main thing I want to focus on is what you’re looking for in a product. A lot of the times price is the biggest factor for me. I hate overpaying for a product when I can find something more affordable that will do the trick. But you also might be looking for a different scent, have dark hair, or aren’t a fan of moroccanoil in general. No matter the reasons, here are three additional products you might prefer!
Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Dry Shampoo
So I wanted to end with one of our best rated products! Not Your Mother’s is a well known brand and super affordable It comes in a 7oz bottle, that you can either get in a single or a multipack. It works for all hair types and it is paraben free. Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe smells like coconut and vanilla. It’s super summery and a lot of people prefer it for the smell. It also adds the perfect amount of volume to your roots to give you a fresh look.
Who Would Buy This Product
This would be a fantastic product to start out with if you’ve never used a dry shampoo. It is simple to use, a well loved brand, and you can find it just about anywhere! It comes in a nice size and a great price, so it will last. awhile at little cost. It also has a pleasant coconut vanilla scent, according to the customers. It reminds you of summer, all while absorbing the oils at your roots and saving you so much time while getting ready!
Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe vs Moroccanoil: Dry Shampoo Comparison
- Not Your Mother’s is much more affordable
- Moroccan oil will keep your hair feeling soft and manageable
- Beach Babe has a beachy coconut and vanilla scent that sticks around
- Both will absorb oils and help you freshen up quickly
- Both will give you body, volume, and texture
In the end, this is just about the most straightforward product there is. It smells wonderful and fixes your hair up in seconds with a few sprays. But most of all it is well loved by customers who all say it does exactly what it claims to do! So if you happen to be interested in trying this first, you can find Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Dry Shampoo on Amazon!
Batiste Beautiful Brunette Dry Shampoo
If you are one of those dark hair customers, you definitely should try this one out! This particular product is for anyone with brunette or auburn hair. It comes in about a 7oz bottle for a good price. It will add texture and volume, absorb oil, and work just like any other dry shampoo. But you won’t have to worry about visible residue as much! This is the perfect alternative if you have darker hair and really worry about residue with dry shampoo. It can really be hard to find the perfect one for all hair colors. So why not get something specifically for your hair color?
Who Would Buy This Product
If you have dark hair you might avoid dry shampoos altogether. I have lighter hair, so I have a lot of options. But my sister has really dark brown hair and she has to be really careful with dry shampoos. Some leave her hair looking very dull and nearly grey in some cases. A shade specific product like this would be a huge help for her!
Batiste Beautiful Brunette vs Moroccanoil: Dry Shampoo Comparison
- Batiste is a well known and widely loved brand
- Batiste Beautiful Brunette is for brown and auburn hair colors
- They are great for all hair types
- Moroccanoil is for lighter hair colors and stain your skin
- Both absorb oil and add great texture and volume
This is the perfect option if you have always been a little wary of dry shampoos because of your dark hair. There is less of a chance of seeing visible residue with this. But keep in mind you still need to be a little careful to check for any residue on your skin! I definitely think this is a cool product idea and I know a few people who would love it! If you’re interesting in trying it out for yourself, you can find Batiste Beautiful Brunette Dry Shampoo on Amazon.
Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo
Suave is also a very well-known brand and has always been very affordable. I think people have the impression that it is a cheap brand and that it doesn’t have great quality. But you will be pleasantly surprised in this case even if you don’t always like their products! Their dry shampoo is quick and convenient for when you just don’t have time for a full shower. It has a nice scent, is easy to use, and the added ingredient of keratin will help keep your hair smooth and manageable.
Who Should Buy This Product
I would recommend this for anyone who wants a very useful and affordable product! It contains keratin that will help contain and absorb the oils. It will also leave your hair looking smooth and feeling manageable. If you have been on the watch for a dry shampoo that will leave behind minimal residue and doesn’t have a strong scent, you will like this one! Not only can you freshen up your hair between washes, but you can add a little volume to your roots and make your hair style look fresh.
Suave Professionals vs Moroccanoil: Dry Shampoo Comparison
- Suave is very affordable
- Moroccanoil is for light hair colors
- Both contain ingredients to help hair remain smooth and manageable
- Both leaves hair feeling soft and manageable
- Both will absorb oils and leave hair looking fresh
The fact that this doesn’t have an overwhelming scent is a huge plus. It’s hard to find something that does the job without leaving you smelling like a walking cloud of perfume. If you are interested you can find Suave Professional Dry Shampoo on Amazon!
Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo for light tones is one of the best on the market…according to those willing to spend that much on a hair product. I love the idea that this could leave my hair looking and feeling totally manageable and tangle free. Pretty much the only thing I ever disliked about dry shampoo is the fact that it always makes my hair feel even dirtier. But if this could run the risk of drying it out further, I don’t know if I would want to pay that price just to try it out.
Last update on 2021-04-15 at 13:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API