I have scalp psoriasis (and oily scalp for that matter, even if it sounds like a nonsense) and have been battling dandruff for years. I have tried all sorts of shampoos and products (both high end and drugstore, no name, cheap ones), I have tried plenty of home remedies, even eliminated certain foods from my diet and nothing seemed to help. I wear my hair in a medium bob cut with temporary dye (highlights) and I am living a constant nightmare due to the dandruff, itching, flaking, and so on and so forth.
The Art Naturals Dandruff Shampoo came to my attention due to some of my office colleagues who have used it and were very happy about it. I looked the product online and I saw it had great reviews. This is why I decided to buy it and experiment with it.
I have been using this shampoo for a month and I have no dandruff or itching on my scalp! I noticed a difference after 1 week of using it, and after 3 weeks, the dandruff was completely gone. This may be one of the best anti-dandruff shampoo experiments I made in my life – and I made plenty.
After careful consideration, as I do not necessarily have the experience of writing reviews, I decided to share my joy with the rest of you.
Things to Consider before Buying the Art Naturals Dandruff Shampoo
People with psoriasis, itchiness, dandruff, and other skin and hair problems can easily relate to my constant state of stress. Dry itchy scalp with psoriasis and dandruff tendencies needs special care. I used plenty of medicated shampoos, to be honest, and I save some for those days when the condition worsens and the symptoms become unbearable. However, I wanted an everyday shampoo to make my hair look nice and I think I found it.
These are the main things you should know before you buy this product:
- Possible side effects: The shampoo should not cause any side effects on anybody since it contains plenty of natural ingredients. However, if you feel some discomfort while using it, stop using it. If it gets in your eyes, use water to clean things up.
- Efficiency: I have always had oily scalp/hair and the greasiness has decreased quite a bit since using this shampoo. I also noticed a decrease in the dry spots and flakes that plague my scalp and hair. The itchiness is also gone. My head does feel refreshed the days that I use this product. More importantly, it does not interfere with my hair color at all.
- Scent: The scent is off-putting. Many dandruff shampoos have coal tar as their active ingredient, but most of them also feature an extremely bad smell or are full of chemicals and irritants. This one smells rather bad. Coal tar is not everyone’s cup of tea. Nevertheless, for psoriasis, coal tar is still a proven staple, and you should accept the rather off-putting scent while enjoying full symptoms’ relief.
- Type of hair and skin: The shampoo works well for all types of hair and skin. They say it works amazing for oily skin, as it reduces sebum excess, and given that I seem to have both oily and dry scalp in the same time (don’t ask me how), I feel safe in stating that this shampoo will help you get rid of your issues.
- Multiple hair benefits: This shampoo has a few extra benefits besides the psoriasis and dandruff control. It corrects excess scalp sebum, heals itchiness, soars, flakes, and patches, and contributes to better looking hair. It helps with unclogging hair follicles, moisturizes hair, and restores the bounce and shine of your hair.
- Family friendly: My husband also tried this shampoo for a few times. While he does not suffer from psoriasis or other dermatological scalp problems, he also said the shampoo have him a better feel and look.
Who Should Buy This Shampoo
This is a great shampoo containing many natural ingredients, which gets you rid of dandruff, scalp psoriasis, dry/oily patches, itchiness, and other skin/hair issues.
No products found.
Who Should Not Buy This Shampoo
If you are allergic or sensitive to any of this shampoo’s ingredients, you should look for something else. In addition, if you look for products designed to treat your dermatological issues in a more formal, medical manner, you should also look for something else. You should also look for alternatives if you are looking for a fully organic shampoo as well.
Art Naturals Dandruff Shampoo
This Art Naturals Dandruff Shampoo contains medicated coal tar, lemon oil, argan oil, cypress oil and other ingredients. It is not quite sulfate free if that is what you are looking for. I was not, for instance, therefore I rated the product in full knowledge of what to expect. I even expected the funny coal tar smell – though it proved to be a bit stronger than I imagined.
I think I can sum up everything by conveying the pros and cons of this shampoo as my sister noted them down:
- Effective for psoriasis, dandruff and scalp/skin problems control
- Multiple hair benefits
- Quick but long-lasting results
- The scent is rather bad
- Not fully natural/organic
- May not be family friendly
Art Naturals Dandruff Shampoo Features and Benefits
I will buy more of this product and for all the right reasons, I think. It may be a bit off-putting in terms of scent, but when you leave dandruff all over the place and you scratch your head as if you have lice, the shampoo’s smell is the least of your problems.
I want to write down a list containing the main features and benefits of this shampoo and get into some details.
- The shampoo effectively stops scalp itching and flaking. It contains potent ingredients, active coal tar, and essential oils. I experienced relief in about a week of use and I was clear of dandruff in about three weeks of use. My scalp did not show other signs of psoriasis and my dandruff was gone.
- The shampoo has multiple hair benefits: The shampoo adds moisture and nutrients to your dry scalp and hair as well as increases scalp blood circulation. It actually fixed my sebum excess problem as well – something I considered impossible. Continued use does return your scalp to its healthy state. The shampoo protects your hair color and it makes your hair strands squeaky clean, more manageable, softer, shinier and more voluminous.
- The shampoo comes from a trusted brand using many natural ingredients that are mild and hypoallergenic.
- The shampoo is cruelty free, which I appreciate a lot.
- My husband was happy with his hair after a few shampoo uses, even if he has no dandruff. However, he said his hair looked and felt better, so this shampoo is family friendly to some extent.
One of the factors that contributed to the purchase of this shampoo were the positive reviews I found on the Internet. Even if the shampoo came with personal recommendations, I had to check it online as well. I think you should take a look at other peoples’ opinions about the product and make up your mind after you get fully informed. Just set your expectations correctly.
No products found.
Alternatives to the Art Naturals Dandruff Shampoo
When you search the Internet for a specific product, you also bump into other similar products as well. I listed here three alternatives to this shampoo, hoping that they may work even better for you. I think I will also test at least one of them.
This shampoo works well for both men and women. This shampoo is medicated and recommended for more serious dandruff and scalp issues. It comes with dermatologists’ recommendation for scalp eczema and psoriasis. I would try this one as well. The medicated formula may be one of the answers to my problems.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want a medicated shampoo that has anti-dandruff properties and comes with doctor’s recommendations for psoriasis, scalp eczema, dermatitis and other skin issues.
Art Naturals Shampoo vs. Nizoral Shampoo Comparison
- Both have anti-dandruff properties;
- The Ketoconazole 1% in Nizoral controls flaking, scaling, and itching;
- Nizoral comes with doctors’ recommendations;
- Nizoral does not come with so many multiple hair benefits;
- Nizoral is cheaper.
If you want an alternative to this Art Naturals shampoo, check out the Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampooas well. It may even work better for your more complex and severe hair and scalp problems that need medical care.
This is another interesting alternative in the best dandruff shampoo in organic department.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want to control dandruff, itchiness, head eczema, and psoriasis. People who want to get better looking hair, and feel better about their hair overall.
Art Naturals Shampoo vs. Puriya Shampoo Comparison
- Both work great for dandruff control;
- Art Naturals comes with tar and coal, which have been used for generations to treat a host of skin and scalp conditions;
- Both are made in the USA ;
- Puriya comes with a 180-Day Money Back Guarantee;
- Art Naturals has a bigger bottle and a lower price.
If you want an alternative to the Art Naturals shampoo that covers plenty of scalp and hair issues, check out the Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo as well! It may be what people have always been looking for!
This is another excellent option in the best dandruff shampoos department, and it seems to be unisex as well. It also seems to be natural.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want natural/organic hair care, dandruff control, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis control.
Maple Holistics Sage Shampoo vs. Art Naturals Shampoo Comparison
- Both are dandruff-control products;
- Maple Holistics contains both natural and artificial ingredients;
- In addition, Maple Holistics stimulates hair growth;
- Maple Holistics seems to be gender and age independent;
- Maple Holistics is more expensive.
If you think that you need mild dandruff control and some hair restoration, then the Maple Holistics Sage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo may work great for you and your entire family!
No products found.
Dandruff is a serious problem for many people. If you add psoriasis, constant itchiness, bad looking hair and low self-esteem induced by such issues, you know you need to take some measures. The Art Naturals Dandruff Shampoo worked great after only a few washes. After a few weeks, I was brand-new. A new person if you allow me the metaphor. The anti-dandruff and anti-psoriasis effects were great. My scalp does not itch anymore and I enjoy luscious, voluminous, soft, and shiny hair. I feel my scalp fully hydrated and moisturized. I also feel I have less oily hair problems as well.
This product got a few minus points on scent and family friendliness. Do not get me wrong: tar coal smells rather bad and the shampoo does not smell as bad as it could. However, some reviewers said it smelled nice, but that was not the case. As family friendliness goes, I am not sure about the results. My husband did feel his hair softer and shinier, but since he has no dandruff problems, I cannot make a full evaluation on the shampoo from this point of view.
Some plus point is the fact that the bottle is huge and the price is amazing for the quantity you get. Also, the shampoo is economical: you need a few drops to get the job done, so the shampoo will last for months I think. It lathers and foams very well.
If you have more severe dermatological problems that need medical attention, you should also look into other alternatives. This shampoo does not cause side effects, but if your scalp suffers from rashes or other types of damages, scars or open wounds, you may want to speak with your doctor before using it. You may also need some shampoos coming with specific skin/hair medication.
I also want to tell you to make sure you use the shampoo within its expiration date. Even if it contains natural ingredients, you cannot ever be too careful, especially if you have problematic skin and hair.
Is this product the best dandruff shampoo on the market? It may be for some, while others can certainly find something better. I will try a few of the alternatives I already mentioned. Perhaps I will use the medicated one as well and return with some comparisons. However, if you want many natural ingredients, dandruff control, itch alleviation, psoriasis control, healthier skin and hair, and amazing looking dyed hair, the Art Naturals Dandruff Shampoo may be the answer to all your needs and wishes!
External References & Citations
- chevron-circle-right See the Amazon best dandruff shampoo list according to customers’ reviews
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Sage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightNizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Pure Tea Tree Oil Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightClear Shampoo Complete Scalp Care Anti-Dandruff Review
- chevron-circle-rightPuriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightArt Naturals Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightOm Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Anti Dandruff Thickening Shampoo with Cedarwood Review
- chevron-circle-rightRedken Dandruff Control Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightThe Wonder Seed Hemp Shampoo Review
Last update on 2023-03-26 at 17:08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API