Dandruff is a serious problem for me. I had to deal with it since adolescence but when you are a man in your mid-thirties, snowing dandruff all over the place is not something to trade lightly. Along the years, I tried plenty of drugstore anti-dandruff shampoos with moderate results. Of course, some worked better than others did, but I was not fully satisfied with them all.
One day, my brother recommended me the Clear Men Scalp Therapy Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner. This one promised a special anti-dandruff treatment based on some advanced formula. My brother also suffers because his own dandruff and I took his word that this shampoo would solve the problem. I knew about Clear, it was a known brand.
I specifically researched the product online and saw it had great reviews. Then, I decided to buy it and test it. If it did not work, I was going to get to a dermatologist and finally decide to try medication or at least medicated shampoos finally. Fortunately, this Clear shampoo proved to be exactly what I was looking for.
I have been using it for about a month now – I keep my hair very short – and I am ready to share my opinion with the rest of you.
Things to Consider before Buying the Clear Men Scalp Therapy Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner
Men with dandruff can easily relate to my problem. Going to work and being terrified by the dandruff pouring on your office suit’s shoulders turns into emotional and psychological stress. Dandruff is not a condition to take with you at a business meeting or a date for that matter.
After about a month of using the Clear anti-dandruff shampoo, I reached some conclusions – besides the fact that the shampoo works great. These are the main things you should know before you jump at the opportunity of buying this product.
- Possible side effects: The shampoo should not cause any side effects. However, if you feel some discomfort while using it, stop using it.
- Efficiency: The shampoo began showing the anti-dandruff results for me in about two weeks of usage (mainly two washes a week frequency). The Nutrium 10, an advanced moisture complex of vitamins and nutrients, cleared my scalp and hair of all dandruff.
- Scent: The Clear shampoo scent is clean and fresh and it leaves your hair smelling even better. It has a manly scent to it which does not clash against other perfumes you might wear.
- Type of hair and skin: The shampoo works well with my dry and flaky scalp and hair. I am not sure it also works well for all types of skin and hair though.
- Multiple hair benefits: While it does not necessarily promote hair growth, the shampoo does leave your hair soft, squeaky clean, non-greasy, without a trace of dandruff, smooth, and smelling fresh for days.
Who Should Buy This Shampoo
This is a great shampoo for men, which gets you rid of dandruff. It contains plenty of ingredients which work together to cleanse your scalp of all flakes and dry patches.
Who Should Not Buy This Shampoo
If you are allergic or sensitive to any of this shampoo’s ingredients, you should look for something else. In addition, if you look for organic shampoos or products containing natural/organic ingredients, you should try something else. This is not a unisex shampoo so you should be mindful of that.
Clear Men Scalp Therapy Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner
This shampoo contains Nutrium 10, an advanced moisture complex of vitamins and nutrients, and vitamins B5, C and E, sunflower, almond, soybean and coconut oils and Aloe Vera. As far as I know, these are all proven ingredients that help in the fight against dandruff and dry scalp. It also contains pyrithione zinc, another anti-dandruff agent. It also gently cleanses and conditions to leave hair manageable with a deep clean sensation.
I think I can sum up everything by conveying the pros and cons of this shampoo as follows:
- Very effective for dandruff prevention and control
- Makes your hair look and feel better
- You may not like the scent
- Can experience side effects
- It is not unisex
Clear Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Features and Benefits
I have had dandruff since childhood. My father and older brother suffer from dandruff as well. Since this a family issue, we all tried several shampoos and treatments along the years. Clear is a known and reputable brand and this particular shampoo had enough positive reviews for me to consider using it. I also recommended the shampoo to the guys in the family and they were also happy with it. It seems the shampoo is age-independent, even if it is not unisex.
Generally, these are this shampoo’s features and benefits I found to be the most important:
- The shampoo comes with an enriched formula containing both natural and medicinal ingredients, along with added vitamins to contribute to your scalp and hair’s health. I experienced dandruff release in about two weeks of use.
- The shampoo has some extra hair benefits: I felt my hair and scalp getting cleaner and fresher. I also experienced more softness and shine, more volume (even if I keep my hair short) and better texture and stance.
- It is affordable. While the bottle is rather small (3 oz.), the price covers a pack of eight bottles. This is quite nice if you are a frequent traveler. Even if you do not travel plenty, I think the value-price equation is fully balanced.
Constant, hard-to-get-rid-of dandruff a major issue for men. I do not necessarily show signs of other hair/skin health issues, but my hair and skin are sensitive enough to produce flakes and dandruff in large quantities. I looked around and I took my brother’s recommendation into notice. The reviews convinced me the shampoo delivered on its promise. As long as you set your expectations correctly, it will not disappoint.
Alternatives to the Clear 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
When you search for a specific shampoo or you expand your online browsing to the best dandruff shampoos on the market, you will surely find products that will catch your attention. I listed here three alternatives to the Clear shampoo and conditioner, hoping that they may work even better for you.
This shampoo says it works well for both men and women. It comes with natural ingredients and it seems to have more hair benefits than just simply getting you rid of dandruff.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want a sulfate free shampoo that has anti-dandruff properties. People who also want fast hair growth and regrowth for strengthened, luscious hair. People who want lice treatment. People looking for organic ingredients in shampoos.
Maple Holistics Shampoo vs. Clear Shampoo Comparison
- Both have anti-dandruff properties;
- Maple Holistics is sulfate free;
- Maple Holistics comes with more organic ingredients;
- Maple Holistics comes with a wide area of hair benefits;
- Maple Holistics is cheaper.
If you want an alternative to the Clear Anti-Dandruff Shampoo, check out the Maple Holistics Pure Tea Tree Oil Anti-Dandruff Shampoo as well. It may even work better for your more complex hair and scalp problems.
This particular shampoo is a medicinal one. It comes with dermatologists’ recommendations and a medicated formula meant to treat serious dandruff and scalp skin problems. It will be the next thing I try after I finish the Clear shampoo. In case you suffer from more severe scalp issues, this shampoo may be exactly what you have been looking for.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
Men and women who want to control dandruff and also need a medicated option to relieve their scalp and hair symptoms.
Nizoral Shampoo vs. Clear Shampoo Comparison
- Both work great for dandruff control in men;
- Clear comes with Nutrium 10, an advanced moisture complex of vitamins and nutrients;
- Nizoral comes with ketoconazole 1%, a proven dandruff-fighting ingredient,;
- Clear is not unisex;
- Nizoral is more expensive.
If you want an alternative to the Clear shampoo for men and teenage boys, check out this Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo! It may be exactly what your doctor ordered!
This is another excellent option in the best dandruff shampoos department, and it seems to be unisex.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want organic hair care, dandruff control, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis control and alleviations.
Puryia Shampoo vs. Clear Shampoo Comparison
- Both are dandruff shampoos;
- Purya is sulfate free and natural;
- Purya is safe for all hair types including damaged, curly, fine and color treated hair;
- Puryia comes with a 180-Day Money Back Guarantee;
- Puryia is more expensive.
If you feel you want to gain more organic and natural hair, dandruff control and even hair restoration, then Puryia Natural Dandruff Shampoo may be exactly what you need for daily hair and scalp care and therapy.
I know dandruff is not something to control only with shampoos. I also went through some lifestyle changes, including diet and the use of other self-care products for skin and hair. I quit smoking, I try to exercise, drink more water, eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, sleep better, and all that jazz. I also went to a doctor. He recommended me to try some anti-dandruff shampoos, saying my problems were not severe enough to require medical treatment or medicated hair products.
I ended up using the Clear Men Scalp Therapy Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner after my brother recommended it to me. After one month of use. The effects were amazing. I no longer have dandruff. I no longer develop dandruff even if I use other shampoos I keep around the house. The “no-rebound” effect is something I appreciate a lot.
While the shampoo is not unisex, I found it to be age independent in men. My father and my brother also used it and they are both very happy with it. We also loved it because it made our hair look cleaner, shinier, more voluminous, staying better on our heads. I have to mention that in our family hair looks incredible. We all have thick and voluminous hair and it is a shame we all have to keep it short just to have better dandruff control. My brother actually thinks of letting his hair grow.
I enjoyed the scent of this shampoo very much. It is faint and pleasant and it does not last for days – meaning it will not interfere with the scent of your body wash or your daily perfume. Even if the shampoo is chemical so to speak, the scent is manly and fresh without being pungent. A minus point went down in the multiple hair benefits department. While this was not on our expectations’ list, some people said the shampoo would contribute to hair rejuvenation and regrowth. It didn’t. Before you buy this shampoo, make sure you set your expectations correctly.
Overall, I enjoyed the results this shampoo offered. I love my now clean shoulders and the new nice texture the shampoo offers my hair. If you have more severe dermatological problems, you should also look into other alternatives. This shampoo does not cause side effects, but if your scalp suffers from rashes or other types of damages, you may want to speak with your doctor before using it. You should not use it on young children I think. I am not sure the shampoo is right for small or teenage boys. I think a doctor’s recommendation will suit their needs better.
A few words before I leave you with my conclusion about this product: make sure you use the shampoo within its expiration date. Never use anything expired on your skin and hair. When you have sensitive, itchy, and flaky skin – or if you suffer from some skin and scalp allergies –, it is always good to read the labels and make sure you use the product within its expiration limits. I am very mindful about this sort of thing and you should be too.
Is this product the best dandruff shampoo on the market? It may be for some, while others can certainly find something better. I will also try a few of the alternatives I already mentioned. However, if you simply want to start from something in your war against dandruff, try this Clear Men Scalp Therapy Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner. I think it will lead to the results you have been always looking for as a young man sick and tired with dandruff and itchy scalp.
External References & Citations
- chevron-circle-right See the Amazon best dandruff shampoo list according to customers’ reviews
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Sage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightNizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Pure Tea Tree Oil Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightClear Shampoo Complete Scalp Care Anti-Dandruff Review
- chevron-circle-rightPuriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightArt Naturals Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightOm Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Anti Dandruff Thickening Shampoo with Cedarwood Review
- chevron-circle-rightRedken Dandruff Control Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightThe Wonder Seed Hemp Shampoo Review