I have always had itchy dry scalp and lately my hair has been getting very oily. The pregnancy may have played an important part in my scalp getting even more sensitive and my hair and skin getting greasier. One of the problems is that my 5 years old daughter also has dry, itchy, breaking, and sensitive scalp and she does not get along too well with kids’ shampoos. Did I mention that we both have dandruff and flaky, scaly, uncomfortable scalps?
While I insisted that my kid gets a pediatrician-recommended shampoo for her thin greasy hair, I started looking around for natural/organic best dandruff shampoo varieties on the market. One of my friends talked about the Wonder Seed Hemp Dandruff Shampoo with great enthusiasm and her words stuck with me.
Finally, I decided to check the shampoo out and see what other people had to say about it. It seems that most people were very impressed with this product. It seemed to perform miracles in the dandruff control department, itch alleviation, elimination of flakes and dry patches, oily hair control, eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis symptoms’ alleviation and so on.
Since the general opinion was that this shampoo worked great for women, men, and children, I decided to offer it a chance.
I have used it for about three weeks now (and used it on my daughter once or twice) and I am now prepared to tell you how this shampoo works.
Things to Consider before Buying the Wonder Seed Hemp Dandruff Shampoo
People with dandruff and other skin and hair problems can easily relate to my never-ending concerns regarding my health and my looks. Dry itchy scalp with dandruff and oily hair in the same time requires constant and specific treatment. My sensitive skin and scalp do not do well with drugstore shampoos, sulfate shampoos, medicated or chemical products of any kind, and so on. In other words, I always use as many natural and organic ingredients as I can. This shampoo fits the bill in the organic department, having excellent results.
These are the main things you should know before you buy this product:
- Possible side effects: The shampoo should not cause any side effects. Your hair may get duller than usual, but I do not personally mind that. However, if you feel some discomfort while using it, stop. In case you feel the shampoo leaves your hair less soft or it causes you an unpleasant look, discontinue the use.
- Efficiency: Dandruff was gone after two-three uses. Moreover, the itchiness and the flakes were gone as well – which was the most important part for me. The shampoo really cleansed my scalp and my hair. It left my medium-long hair a bit dull, but stripped of all the greasiness. After three weeks of use (three times a week), I do not spread dandruff all over the place, I do not scratch my head anymore and I finally feel my scalp and hair fresh, clean, and healthy.
- Scent: The scent is superb. The orange fragrance is not overpowering and you can enjoy it without fearing it will interfere with your other deodorants or perfumes. My daughter also enjoyed the scent a lot and said she would eat the “orange cake” if she was allowed to.
- Type of hair and skin: The shampoo works well for all types of hair and skin. I have extremely dry scalp and oily hair, which sounds like a paradox. My young daughter is also sensitive to shampoos, even the kid-friendly ones, and her scalp is also itchy and flaky. The shampoo worked great for both of us.
- Multiple hair benefits: This shampoo has some extra hair benefits, although its main purpose was to solve our dandruff and uncomfortable scalp problems. I felt my hair a bit dull, but smooth nonetheless. It also became more manageable. My kid’s hair got a bit shinier and softer. I did not experience enormous hair volume or hair regrowth. I believe there are other shampoos to meet such needs.
- Family friendly: The shampoo seems to be gender and age independent, but, of course, we cannot extrapolate these results to an entire population. I think you should give the shampoo a fair chance and see if it works for you the same it did for my daughter and me.
- Texture: The shampoo has a nice texture and it lathers and foams well, even if it is sulfate and parabens free.
- Efficiency-Price Balance: I would have appreciated a larger bottle. I know I have to pay for quality and this is extremely good quality, but if you have long hair or medium hair (or if you use it in the family as we do), you will have to re-order quite often.
- Extra-Care: The shampoo may leave your hair a bit dry and dull. I appreciate this because I have extremely oily hair, but this is an issue you need to consider. I suggest you use the shampoo in conjunction with its conditioner to make sure you get that volume, shine, and smoothness you desire.
Who Should Buy This Shampoo
This is a great shampoo, which gets you rid of dandruff, scalp dermatitis, dry/oily patches, itchiness, flakes, pain, and other issues. It is safe, organic, vegan, free of toxins, and chemicals, so it works well with young kids as well.
No products found.
Who Should Not Buy This Shampoo
If you are allergic or sensitive to any of this shampoo’s ingredients, you should look for something else. You should look for alternatives in case you experience severe skin and hair symptoms and you need a medicated shampoo coming with a dermatologist’s recommendation. If you need something that plays on the medical side, listen to your doctor.
The Wonder Seed Hemp Dandruff Shampoo
This Wonder Seed Hemp Dandruff Shampoo contains virgin hemp seed oil with organic aloe vera, ginseng extract, coconut oil, nettle extract, jojoba oil, cocoa butter, camphor essential oil, licorice root extract and other hair-loving all natural ingredients that work as super food for your hair and scalp. The powerful combination of ingredients helps manage dry scalp, provides greatdandruff control, puts eczema and psoriasis in check, and makes this an effective anti-itch shampoo in both adults and children. The organic orange essential oil and organic jasmine blossom extract that give this hemp shampoo a mild, discrete scent that everybody loves.
I think I can sum up everything about this shampoo by conveying the pros and cons as we experienced it after three weeks of use:
- Extremely effective for dandruff control and itchiness relief
- Very mild and good for adults and children
- Organic and safe
- The bottle is rather small
- It has few side hair benefits
- Can make hair dull or dry
The Wonder Seed Hemp Dandruff Shampoo Features and Benefits
I will buy more of this product and for all the right reasons. A happier, healthier child means a happier, healthier parent. Moreover, this particular parent is extremely happy with her hair looking and feeling well. Once you get rid of year-long dandruff and itchiness, everything else seems to matter less. Perhaps I would get a shampoo to offer my hair more volume, shine, and so on, but for now I am satisfied with the cleanness I achieved.
I want to write down a list containing the main features and benefits of this shampoo and get into some details.
- It is a good organic remedy for hair, scalp, and skin conditions (itchy scalp, eczema, extreme dandruff, and seborrheic dermatitis). This hemp shampoo gently cleanses your scalps and hair, while locking in moisture to produce impressive results.
- The formula of this shampoo and its ingredients help you feel better and look better after just a few uses. The blend of herbal remedies and essential oils is amazing.
- The shampoo offers itchiness and pain relief.
- The orange scent is amazing and I would love to try the green tea version as well.
- The formula is safe for children.
- It is safe for colored or styled hair (sometimes I use washable dyes to get some highlights).
- This all-natural vegan shampoo is safely sustainable and consciously eco-friendly. There are no toxins in it. It comes with a gluten-free formula. No sulfates. No parabens. No artificial colors or fragrances.
- It is vegan and, most importantly, cruelty free. We generally do not use any animal tested cosmetic and care products. My daughter understands very well what animal testing is and nobody can tell her to use something that may have been tested on Mr. Fluffy (or his relatives) – the family pet rabbit.
- It is gender and age independent, thus becoming family friendly.
Even if the shampoo came with personal recommendations, I had to check it online as well. One of the factors that convinced me to buy this shampoo were the positive reviews I found on the Internet. Even if some people said the shampoo did not work for them, I decided to try it – especially when the enthusiastic reviews came from people with the same problems I experienced. I also listened to some moms out there vouching for the product being kid-safe. I always recommend you check reviews for whatever you buy online.
No products found.
Alternatives to the Wonder Seed Hemp Dandruff Shampoo
When you search the Internet for a specific product, you also bump into other similar products as well. I listed here three alternatives to this shampoo, hoping that they may work even better for you. I think I will also test at least one or two of them, mainly the ones coming with natural ingredients and some organic/herbal formulas.
This shampoo works well for both men and women. This shampoo is medicated and recommended for more serious dandruff and scalp issues. It comes with dermatologists’ recommendation for scalp eczema and psoriasis, dermatitis and severe dandruff. This is that type of shampoo that comes with a medical background and a strong reputation.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want a medicated shampoo that has anti-dandruff properties and comes with doctor’s recommendations for psoriasis, scalp eczema, dermatitis and other skin and hair issues.
Wonder Seed Shampoo vs. Nizoral Shampoo Comparison
- Both have anti-dandruff properties;
- The Ketoconazole 1% in Nizoral controls flaking, scaling, and itching;
- Nizoral comes with doctors’ recommendations;
- Nizoral needs medical recommendation for children under 12;
- Nizoral is a bit cheaper.
If you want an alternative to this Wonder Seed shampoo, check out the Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampooas well. It may even work better for your more complex and severe hair and scalp problems that need specific medical care.
This is another interesting alternative in the best dandruff shampoo department of organic formulation. Clearly I would try this shampoo.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want to control dandruff, itchiness, head eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis. People who want to get better looking hair, and feel better about their hair overall with the help of natural and organic ingredients.
Wonnder Seed Shampoo vs. Puriya Shampoo Comparison
- Both work great for dandruff control;
- Puriya also comes with many organic and herbal ingredients;
- Puriya is made in the USA ;
- Puriya comes with a 180-Day Money Back Guarantee;
- Puriya is more expensive.
If you want an alternative to the Wonder Seed shampoo that covers plenty of scalp and hair issues, check out the Puriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo as well! It may be what you need in terms of quality and organic/natural hair care.
This is another excellent option in the best dandruff shampoos department, and it seems to be natural or containing mostly natural ingredients and extracts.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want natural/organic hair care, dandruff control, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis control.
Wonder Seed Shampoo vs. Maple Holistics Sage Shampoo
- Both are dandruff-control products;
- Maple Holistics also contains both natural and artificial ingredients;
- Maple Holistics also promises to stimulate hair growth;
- Both seem to be gender and age independent;
- Maple Holistics is a bit cheaper.
If you think that you need mild dandruff control and some hair restoration, then the Maple Holistics Sage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo may work great for you and your entire family. It also contains some natural extracts and ingredients, although I do not think it is 100% organic.
No products found.
The anti-dandruff effects were great. My scalp does not itch or hurt anymore and I definitely do not shed dandruff all over the place anymore. My oily hair regained a normal look. My daughter loves it completely. I would have loved more extra hair benefits, such as volume, shine, bounce, and all, but I am happy with normal, healthy hair, and color safety. The Wonder Seed Hemp Dandruff Shampoo worked great after only a few washes. After three weeks (twice a week use), my daughter and me felt and looked amazing.
This product got a few minus points on multiple hair benefits and price vs. efficiency balance, but overall, I think you should try it. It does make your hair drier and more manageable if you have oily hair. You will get rid of the itchiness, pain, flakes, scales, discomfort, and the overall state of irritability only people with itchy scalps know how it feels. Since I do have colored highlights, I am aware I need extra protection, so I use the Wonder Seed conditioner as well.
If you have additional severe dermatological issues that require medical attention, you should try this and see how it works. You may also want to leave your options open to medicated and doctor-recommended shampoos that come with a specific dermatological use design. This is, after all, a salon shampoo, not medication. On the other hand, I think you will enjoy the great organic formula this shampoo offers, the scent, the way you will feel after using it, and the happiness of your head scratching-free kiddo.
I also want to tell you to make sure you use the shampoo within its expiration date. If you have severe dandruff or dermatological problems, extremely sensitive scalp skin and so on, you should make sure you do not cause harm by using expired products, even if they are natural.
Is this product the best dandruff shampoo on the market? It may be for some, while others can certainly find something better. I will try a few of the alternatives I already mentioned – the fully or at least partially organic ones. On the other hand, if you want fast and steady dandruff control, itch alleviation, itchiness control, dermatitis alleviation, pain relief and healthier head skin, then The Wonder Seed Hemp Dandruff Shampoo may be the answer to all your needs!
External References & Citations
- chevron-circle-right See the Amazon best dandruff shampoo list according to customers’ reviews
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Sage Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightNizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Pure Tea Tree Oil Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightClear Shampoo Complete Scalp Care Anti-Dandruff Review
- chevron-circle-rightPuriya Natural Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightArt Naturals Dandruff Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightOm Botanical Dandruff Hair Loss Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistics Anti Dandruff Thickening Shampoo with Cedarwood Review
- chevron-circle-rightRedken Dandruff Control Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightThe Wonder Seed Hemp Shampoo Review
Last update on 2022-05-28 at 00:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API