Every woman longs for a long, thick and healthy hair. But what not many know is that this actually starts with a clean scalp. A refreshed scalp leads to improved blood circulation as well as renewed hair growth. A good scalp scrub can help you get rid of dead skin cells and residues. Here are some more useful details about how you can make one and what are its benefits.
The Best Scalp Scrub Recipes
1. Oatmeal & Brown Sugar
This scalp scrub gently exfoliates your head skin, providing moisture and boosting blood circulation and hair growth. All you need are the following ingredients: two tablespoons of finely ground oatmeal, and the same amount of brown sugar and hair conditioner. Mix all these ingredients in a bowl. Shampoo your hair before applying the scrub to remove all hairstyling product residues. Then, massage the scrub on your scalp, using gentle circular motions. After a couple of minutes, rinse your hair with water. For more Oatmeal and Brown Sugar Scrub Recipes, check this out.
2. Peppermint & Cornmeal Scrub
Combine cornmeal with peppermint oil, clarifying shampoo and tea tree oil. Don’t use more than just a couple of oil drops. Still all these elements in a bowl and apply the mixture on your scalp. Rub it gently and wait several minutes before rinsing and conditioning your hair as usual. This scalp scrub recipe works miracles because it stimulates your scalp’s blood flow, boosting hair growth and eliminating dandruff.
3. Sea Salt & Olive Oil Scalp Scrub
The mix of olive oil and sea salt boosts your hair’s growth. Moreover, it removes dry flakes and dandruff without making your scalp skin dry. Olive oil contains fatty acids that nourish and moisturize your scalp while the salt dissolves hair product residues. Combine two tablespoons of sea salt with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and the same amount of lemon juice. Damp your hair with water and massage this homemade scalp scrub for a couple of minutes. Rinse your hair and scalp with shampoo and water.
For more Homemade scalp scrub recipes, check out 17 DEEP CLEANSING HOMEMADE SCALP SCRUBS.
The Main Benefits of a Scalp Scrub
- Improved blood circulation. Exfoliating your scalp leads to a boost in your follicles’ blood circulation, which further leads to hair growth. As you can see, a great homemade scalp scrub has nutritious elements that can prevent hair loss.
- Cleaned and clarified scalp. It unclogs pores, eliminating impurities and residues. Moreover, a scalp scrub can remove dead skin cells and treat pimples, blemishes, and whiteheads.
- Invigorated skin. Your scalp will feel invigorated due to all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals a scrub can provide. It relieves itchiness and irritations caused by certain scalp conditions.
Putting It All Together
Usually, when thinking about scrubs, people associate them with exfoliating their body. Still, exfoliation is not only for your skin. It can work miracles on your scalp as well. Nowadays, we use plenty of hairstyling products that can create residues and other problems. All the above scalp scrub recipes are not only natural, but they are also easy to prepare and effective. Let us know which one worked best for you.
Image source: 1