When it comes to losing weight, I’m sure you are willing to try anything, as long as it doesn’t affect your overall health. You could try nutritional yeast. What is nutritional yeast? You might ask. Even though it might sound as something ewwy, it is not. In fact, it is quite delicious once you give it a try. Moreover, when you see all the health benefits, this ingredient has, you will definitely include it in your daily diet.
What Is Nutritional Yeast?
Nutritional yeast is a cultured and nonactive yeast strain. It looks similarly to yellow fish food flakes. You can purchase it from a lot of natural food stores. Specialists refer to it as good bacteria or yeast. Because there is also a bad yeast that causes infections and inflammations to your organs. Yeast is a single-celled microorganism that needs amino acids and vitamins just like us humans do.
Does Nutritional Yeast Help in Losing Weight?
It is quite a controversial subject whether or not nutritional yeast supports you in losing weight. Some say the effects are not that visible. Others state that because this element contains a lot of healthy nutrient and vitamins which boost your metabolism, it is definitely helpful in a weight loss diet. Nutritional yeast contains vitamins B which flush out your body toxins, helping your metabolism and balancing your blood sugar level. All these combined come in handy when it comes to getting rid of those extra pounds.
Nutritional Yeast Health Benefits
- It is a valuable fiber source. Good fibers slow down natural sugar absorption into your bloodstream. Moreover, it gets rid of bad cholesterol as well as harmful fats. It is a great natural way to flush out toxins from your organism.
- When people ask “what is nutritional yeast?”, you should answer that it is a complete protein source. Its amino acids create new proteins in your body which are great for both your metabolism and mental health.
- It provides several minerals that balance your blood sugar level. Among these, the most common ones found in nutritional yeast are zinc and magnesium. If you want to maintain your physical and mental health, you should consume the proper amount of yeast.
- Good yeast contains vitamins B which prevent blood sugar swings and support your body’s carb production to have energy through the entire day.
- This type of yeast has a low glycemic level which means is a low carb food. It helps your digestive system and is great for your blood, lowering the risks of heart conditions and other diseases.
Putting It All Together
So, what is nutritional yeast and does it really help you lose weight? Well, I hope that now you know more about what it is. As long as you remember that it is great for your health and balances your metabolism, everything will be fine. All that’s left is to pay attention to what product you will purchase. Pick the best nutritional yeast type you can afford.
Image source: 1