Are you looking for a solution against pimples? A great natural alternative is tea tree oil for acne. It disinfects the skin and has healing properties. Also, it is a better and healthier choice compared to the drugs available on the market that also contain chemicals. You should start using tea tree oil which is also good as a prevention method.
How Does Tea Tree Oil for Acne Work?
Tea tree oil has a lot of benefits for your skin. It kills the bacteria that causes the acne, and it reduces any secondary reactions that your organism might have, such as allergies. All these healing properties come from the leaves of the tea tree, which have been used as a natural cure in the traditional medicine. The oil’s antimicrobial properties eliminate the bacteria that causes the acne breakouts.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne?
There are plenty of ways in which you can use tea tree oil for acne scars. This treatment can be applied as it is, or it can be mixed with other ingredients.
- Use a cotton ball or a pad to pour a few drops of this oil. Then, gently apply it on your damaged skin areas. Leave it on your pimples for a couple of hours. This way, the irritation should decrease.
- Make a homemade spot treatment. Another effective way to apply tea tree oil is to combine it with Aloe Vera or organic honey. These ingredients have antibacterial properties.
- Mix tea tree oil with green clay powder to create a face mask. Leave the mask on your face for approximately 20 minutes, then rinse it with water. It should dry out pimples.
Best Tea Tree Oil for Acne Products
Using tea tree oil for acne is a great alternative to drugs and chemical cosmetics. There are plenty of products you can use to fight against the acne:
- Clear Extra Strength Acne Kit. It is recommended for all skin types, and it must be used in a three-step routine: cleanser, exfoliator, and treatment.
- Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish StickBurt’s Bees Herbal Blemish Stick. This product costs only eight dollars, and it is quite effective when it comes to fighting against acne. It must be applied only locally and directly on your pimples.
- Resist BHA 9 for Stubborn ImperfectionsResist BHA 9 for Stubborn Imperfections. This product is a great remedy for both pimples and wrinkles. It closes enlarged pores and reduces redness.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil. .This is a great blemish spot treatment. Even though it is an oil, it feels more like an astringent. It contains tea tree oil 5%, which is recommended by dermatologists.
Side Effects of Tea Tree Oil
Usually, this remedy is safe, especially when applied to the skin. However, there are cases in which the oil can cause skin dryness, irritations, redness, and more. Doctors warn us not to take tea tree oil by mouth. This may have serious consequences such as confusion, rashes, and even coma.
Tea tree oil for acne is an effective natural remedy. It can be applied as it is or as a treatment when combined with other ingredients such as Aloe Vera or honey. This oil has antibacterial properties and reduces the swelling and redness of your pimples. However, make sure you don’t ingest it. Otherwise, you might suffer from severe side effects.
Image source: 1