Do you want your hair to grow faster? Are you having problems with hair loss? Biotin for hair growth can be a good solution. However, when it comes to this vitamin, there are plenty of unanswered questions such as how much you should use and whether it has side effects or not. We wanted to clarify these things for you.
What Is Biotin for Hair Growth?
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00IOZWC2M” locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]Biotin[/easyazon_link] is one of the vitamins from the B complex. It is also known as H vitamin. You can find biotin in egg yolks, liver, and yeast. This vitamin is responsible for both glucose and fatty acids synthesis. In other words, it will boost your metabolism, and you will consume more energy in a shorter period. Usually, you can buy biotin from your local natural health foods shop. Even though biotin deficiency is quite rare, people that suffer from this condition can experience hair loss and brittle nails.
Pros and Cons to Using Biotin for Hair Growth
- Healthy thick hair. Biotin has the necessary properties that help your hair grow faster, stronger, and thicker. You should see great results in only a couple of months.
- Strong nails. Like your hair, your nails will also develop stronger and faster. You won’t have to worry about exfoliating problems anymore.
- Stretch marks removal. Biotin eliminates the stretch marks on your skin, making it healthier and smoother.
- Skin problems. For some people, biotin treatment can cause the appearance of skin rashes or acne, especially in the case of overdose.
- Negative interaction with other drugs. If you take pills to high cholesterol levels or any antibiotics, you should consult your medic before taking biotin.
Biotin for Hair Growth Options
- Biotin pills. There are [easyazon_link identifier=”B00U3SMG8S” locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]biotin capsules[/easyazon_link], tablets, and everything you can think of. Also, you can find a wide range of brands available on the market. Liquid gel supplements are the ones that doctors recommend.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00HVKAUTS” locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]Biotin oil.[/easyazon_link] It has moisturizing properties, being a great solution for dry, frizzy, and thin hair.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01ENCBOA0″ locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]Biotin hair shampoo.[/easyazon_link] This nutrient-rich shampoo type will feed your hair follicles, restoring its strength and health. It is also a circulation booster, which is beneficial for hair growth.
How Much Biotin for Hair Growth Should You Use?
As I previously mentioned, biotin pills for hair growth can be bought from any local drug store. When it comes to the right dosage, doctors recommend a maximum of 2.5 mg per day. Others say the standard dosage doesn’t work the same for everybody. If you want to give it a try, you should consult your medic first. This way, you will avoid an overdose.
Signs of A Biotin Hair Treatment Overdose
- Slower insulin production.
- Increased blood sugar levels.
- Lack of vitamins B6 and C.
- Skin allergies.
In the case of an overdose, you should immediately stop taking biotin. Also, you should drink a lot of water in a short amount of time. Activated charcoal is well-known for its capacity of reducing the overdose’s side effects. The last resort, in case all the other methods fail to work, is a gastric lavage.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B009SZXM4E” locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]Biotin[/easyazon_link]for hair growth can be effective for some people. It is also good for your nails and skin. However, you should be cautious when taking this vitamin, because it can cause some side effects. Before taking it, you should seek your doctor’s advice.
Image source: 1