We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
People that choose to drink protein shakes for weight loss want to replace some of their meals with these drinks as well as building muscles. These shakes contain a lot of proteins, which will make you feel full. Moreover, they boost your muscle growth process and increase your body strength. However, it remains a controversial topic because protein shakes don’t have the same effect on everybody. Here are some more details about them.
How Can You Make Protein Shakes for Weight Loss?
- Choose a protein. Proteins are the main element and most important ingredient of shakes. Opt for a high-quality [easyazon_link identifier=”B000QSNYGI” locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]protein powder[/easyazon_link] and mix it with plain water, not juice. How much should you use? Well, it depends on a lot of factors such as your age, but the normal dosage is 20-30 grams of protein powder per shake.
- Add fibers. To keep your hunger away, you should combine protein with fibers. These will absorb water and make you feel fuller for a longer time.
- Don’t forget about good fats. Add some [easyazon_link identifier=”B01G68TNIO” locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]omega-3 fats[/easyazon_link]to your shake. Good fats will slow down your digestive process, inhibiting fat storage.
How do Protein shakes for Weight Loss Work?
A normal protein powder serving is about 30 grams. Out of these, 20 grams contain protein or isolated nutrients. These shakes work great, especially if you don’t eat as many proteins as you should on a daily basis. Isolated nutrients will build healthy muscles, improve your bones and organs’ strength. Moreover, they will regulate hormones and boost your overall immune system.
Protein shakes for weight loss are quite effective because they have hunger control properties. This is because proteins are more satiating that other nutrients such as carbs or fats. Therefore, you will feel fuller on fewer calories. Some say that if you want to keep a protein shake diet, you should drink two shakes per day. It is best to ingest these drinks if you have an active life or if you attend gym classes on a regular basis. Learn this here now. Shakes can help you with your post-workout recovery. They will replenish your energy levels.
Pros and Cons of Protein Shakes for Weight Loss
- Weight maintenance. Some studies have shown that there is a direct correlation between drinking protein shakes and weight loss. This happens because shakes contain fewer calories than regular meals and they can make you feel fuller a longer period.
- Convenience. Drinking shakes is quicker, simpler and more convenient that cooking a full meal. Also, it is healthier to drink a protein shake instead of skipping a meal.
- Added calories. Protein shakes for weight loss are a source of added calories which can be good for some people but might make others gain weight. If you’re trying to lose weight, eating more and feeling hungry all the time will not help at all.
- Expensive. The price may vary depending on how good the product is as well as its brand. The cost ranges between 20 and 30 dollars per pound.
- Nutrition loss. No matter how good they are, protein shakes will never be as good and healthy as a full home-cooked meal. They are less balanced that full meals which contain everything your body needs such as proteins, fats, carbs and other nutrients.
If you want to keep a diet with protein shakes for weight loss, you should purchase a good product that has a short ingredients list with things you can understand. Also, you should drink one shake per day, at first, after your workout. Don’t take big servings because your body will not use the excess amount in an efficient way.
Image source: 1