Aloe vera is long been known to contain properties that help make skin clear and the hair look incredibly shiny. Time proved these claims to be true and many people are using aloe vera extracts for these purposes. However, it was quite a surprise to see that aloe vera is not only used to make the skin and hair look great. Are you aware that it can also help with those who struggle with a weight problem?
The Lesser Known Benefit of Aloe Vera
Yes, for quite some time now, a lot of people are stunned to realize that aloe vera can be a perfect, all- natural solution to losing weight. But how does it work? Here are certain properties of this wonderful gel plant that makes it effective in combating weight gain:
- The natural oxidants aid in slowing down the activity of free radicals in the body.
- It stimulates collagen production. The body spends calories in the process alone and increasing collagen means increasing metabolism. Faster metabolism allows food to stay in the lower intestine for shorter times thus no chance for fat to get stored in the body.
- The B vitamins, folic acid, niacin, and vitamins A and E from aloe vera burn calories thereby reducing body fat.
- It promotes slower absorption of sugar thereby helping the body regulate blood sugar. This will be great for diabetics that are obese at the same time.
- When taken as a drink, aloe vera juice initiates a natural laxative effect and forces food to go out of the colon. Digestion of food is much improved and it frees a person against constipation so it is detoxifying the body too.
Aloe Vera Juice Recipes for Weight Loss
There are simple recipes to have an effective weight-loss drink using aloe vera. These drinks will cleanse the digestive system and at the same time boost energy levels. They are best to prepare in the morning to jumpstart the day or as a pre-workout drink for a more energized session at the gym.
Aloe Vera Fruit Juice
Add a fresh flavor to the usual fruit juice. Scoop out aloe vera gel by cutting a stem lengthwise. Mix the gel with your choice of fruit juice. For a cooler drink, chill the aloe first before using.
Plain Aloe Vera Juice
Using a clean aloe leaf, grind it to extract the juice. You may filter it to remove the leafy bits. Refrigerate the juice and have a cup of it every morning and a cup prior to every meal.
Aloe Vera Lemonade
Prepare lemonade using fresh lemons. Squeeze out the juice from an aloe leaf or scoop out the gel then grind it to release the juice. Mix it with the lemonade and adjust the tangy flavor with a bit of a sweetener.
Aloe Vera Juice with Honey
Instead of having a cup of plain aloe vera juice, try it with a tablespoon of honey. It will taste a bit sweeter plus honey also acts as a great stimulant for metabolism.
Aloe Vera Smoothie
Mix together chilled aloe vera gel, kale, ginger, and plums then blend it until smooth. This will be great during hot summer days.
Wrapping It Up
You may also want to experiment mixing aloe vera with other fruits and vegetables to come up with your own favorite recipe. This is a great way to enjoy aloe vera while gaining from its weight loss benefits. Consider also as a bonus that aloe vera helps in strengthening the immune system as well in regulating blood pressure. So you see? There is more to aloe vera than what it’s commonly used for.
About The Author
Vikram Taguru is a passionate leader, CEO, and founder of Detox of South Florida, Florida’s Top Alcohol Detox and Drug Rehabilitation Center. He is also a proud advocate of drug-free living. In his spare time, he loves writing about tips on how to manage day-to-day tasks without depending on different addictive drugs.
Dr. Tarugu is also a leading gastroenterologist and hematologist. You can find him practicing at several hospitals in South Florida and at Gastro In Florida.