When I was about fourteen I started using a straightening iron. I was one of those really typical kids who heat styled every time I was going out. But for me it was pretty necessary because I cut my hair short with layers and it was so thick and wavy that I had to tame it down somehow. Unfortunately, heat styling your hair frequently doesn’t exactly do wonders for your hair. The split ends were awful and my hair was already pretty dry. While my hair has never been very oily, it would have been nice to be able to make it last longer before needing to take another shower. Once I shower, I always have to start all over…or spend the day with puffy hair. I wouldn’t need to heat style my hair as often if I could just make styled hair last longer. Between saving my hair from being fried and not needing to wash it as often, my hair would be in much better shape for sure! As I got older I learned how to put it up in braids and various updos. But that could be so time consuming when I was getting ready for work in the mornings,
In the last few years I learned how to use dry shampoo. It saved me so much time and I could make my straightened hair last so much longer! Since I don’t shower every day, it was incredibly helpful! The only problem is that not all dry shampoos have worked wonders for me. Half of the ones I have tried were samples and the other half were ones that my friends recommended. It’s definitely time to find the perfect one for me! Working on our list of the 10 Best Dry Shampoo Options for 2018 definitely gives me some new products to think about! The newest one I’ve been looking into is Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo!
Things to Consider When Trying Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo
For every different type of product, there are always a few different things to consider. When it comes to dry shampoo I always look at scent, quality, residue, affordability and so on. Just to give you a better idea of how well this product could work, I broke it down to a few important categories.
- Scent: Customers said that this has a really nice, fresh scent. It can be a little strong in the beginning but will fade quickly. The trick is to avoid using too much product. That will help keep the smell from being too strong or lingering. It is a very perfumy smell though, so I don’t know how much men would enjoy the scent. But since it is supposed to fade pretty quickly, I don’t think this will be a big deal for most.
- Hair Types: This is great for all hair types! Dry shampoo usually works well for everyone. Since it is such a fine mist, the white residue that can be a huge turnoff with dry shampoos will blend in easily. Some actually used this to freshen up their dreads. I’ve never had dreads personally, but I know that you want to wash them a particular way to keep them nice. Even if you choose to wash your hair less often, this would be a great way to freshen up.
- Convenience: This is a very convenient product! You don’t need to use a lot to absorb the oils and freshen up your hair. It is quick and easy to use, you will be ready to go in no time at all! It comes in an easy to spray bottle and you just have to make sure to hold it around 8 inches from your hair while spraying. Then let it sit for around a minute before working it into your hair with your fingertips or even gently brushing it in with a soft bristle brush. It’s also really easy to pop in your bag and use on the go. I always loved this about dry shampoo because it was easy to freshen up after work. No need to stop home before hitting the town with friends!
- Uses: Mostly, this is meant to freshen up your hair when you don’t have time to shower. It can be a huge time saver! You can give your hair a break, extend the life of your hair color or even make a hairstyle last longer! It will not only absorb oils, but it was also absorb odors or sweat. So if you are going longer without washing your hair, no one will be able to tell the difference!
- Drawbacks: Some say this is a really great product and it was the best thing that had ever used! But there are always a few complaints with every product. For one thing, it can be really heavy and weigh down your hair and it has a super pronounced smell. Both of these can be avoided as long as you don’t overuse the product. The other issue was that quite a few customers had problems when the bottle clogged. Most didn’t have a much luck unclogging it and couldn’t use it after that. It’s definitely too expensive to only be able to use it a few times before it’s clogged, even if it’s only occasionally.
Who Should Buy This Product
I would recommend this for anyone who doesn’t mind paying a little extra for a quality product. This is honestly one of the best products ever for anyone who is really busy! It will save you so much time while getting ready, can be used on all hair types and it’s quick and easy. Living Proof works well for a lot of people who don’t normally have much luck with dry shampoo. It is a really fine mist and any residue will blend pretty easily. That makes getting ready so easy which is awesome for anyone who is on the go all the time.
Who Shouldn’t Buy This Product
If you aren’t a big fan of the pricier options, you might want to check out other products on the list. This is scented, although it is supposed to fade quickly. But if you’re really sensitive to smells you might not be a big fan. Even if it fades fast, could still initially give you a headache. It also probably won’t be every man’s favorite product because it’s smells more like a women’s perfume. If you don’t like the idea of that, you might want to choose something with a neutral scent instead.
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo might not be the most affordable option, but some say it’s the best. It comes in a 4oz can and you won’t need to use a lot each time so the bottle should last for some time. It has a fresh, flowery smell. It can be used to absorb oils, sweat and odors. Overall, it is very handy as a product to put in your purse and use on the go. Whether you want to extend the life of styled or dyed hair or even if you have naturally oily hair. This will be a huge help that will last all day.
- Absorbs oils, sweat and odor
- Long lasting
- Fine mist and residue, blends easily
- Strong scent
- Bottle is known to clog
Features and Benefits
Even though I already broke down some of aspects of this product, I still want to include the individual benefits. This could be a big help when you are determining what works best for you. I’m not a very frivolous person so I typically don’t spend much on hair products. But if this is everything it’s promised to be, it might just be worth the price. Even for me!
- Living Proof dry shampoo absorbs oil, sweat and odor. That makes it perfect when you’re freshening up your hair between washes.
- This has a very clean and pleasant scent. If can be a little strong at first but it will fade fast. It claims to be a time release scent. So it will stick around, but won’t be too strong or overwhelming.
- Unlike a lot of dry shampoos, customers were saying that Living Proof actually makes your hair feel clean. Normally they make you hair feel dirty, tangled, heavy or chalky. In this case your hair feels clean and manageable like you just hopped out of the shower and styled your hair!
- Customers also loved the fact that this helped their hair stay fresh all day! This long lasting product is perfect between showers because you can style your hair on day 1 and make it last for a few days!
Dry shampoo will help preserve your hair. You can wash your hair less. This keeps your hair from drying out by washing it constantly.
It will also help your hair color last longer. I love dyeing my hair crazy colors, but the downside is the fact that it washes out and fades quickly. So if I have the choice between coloring it constantly or using dry shampoo, I think the choice is pretty simple!
There will be minimal residue because it is such a fine mist. Since you don’t need a lot to do the job, the fine mist and residue will blend with your hair seamlessly. All you have to do is work it in with your fingers or a fine bristled brush.
Dry shampoo like this adds texture, body and volume. It will not only absorb oil at your roots, but you can use it on your roots to keep them from falling flat. The worst thing about curling my hair is that there is so much volume everywhere except at the roots. My hair is just so thick and heavy and gets really weighed down. Except fresh out of the shower. This definitely solves my problems!
While it can be used on all hair types, it is especially helpful for people with thin hair. I might have heavy, thick hair that can fall flat, but it will never look thin. If you have thin hair, volume can give you more a boost to your roots and your confidence. It can help you achieve fuller looking hair.
As always, I want to include some other options for you. I know that the price of this one definitely threw me for a loop. The small bottle for a larger price always gets me. Even though the quality and results with this was spectacular. But there is always good reason to look into other products. Especially if you are unfamiliar with dry shampoo and would like to start with a more generic version and work your way up. You might just find something very affordable that does the trick just fine!
Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Dry Shampoo
This is the top products on our list. It is well known, well loved and one of those affordable products I was talking about. It comes in a 7oz bottle, that you can either get in a single or a multipack. It works for all hair types and it is paraben free. Some might consider this bottom shelf or a drugstore product. In all reality that just comes from the way you look at it. Since it is so affordable it is known widely and used by many. Considering the high regard they have for it, it might be worth looking into!
Who Would Buy This Product
This would be a fantastic product to start out with. It is simple to use, well loved and you can find it just about anywhere! It comes in a nice size and a great price, so it will last you awhile for little cost. It also has a pleasant coconut vanilla scent, according to the customers. It reminds you of summer, all while absorbing the oils at your roots and saving you so much time while getting ready!
Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe vs Living Proof Perfect Hair Day: Dry Shampoo Comparison
Not Your Mother’s is more affordable
Both will have absorb oils and protect your hairstyle or color from constant washes
Living Proof sprays a fine mist and leaves minimal residue
Not Your Mother’s has a coconut scent
Both will give you body, volume and texture
In the end this is just about the most straightforward product there is. It smells wonderful, like summer. It fixes your hair up in seconds with a few sprays. It’s incredibly affordable. But most of all it is well loved by customers who all say it does exactly what it claims to do! So if you happen to be interested in trying this first, you can find Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Dry Shampoo on Amazon!
Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo
Dove has another affordable option! This dry shampoo comes in a 5oz bottle, so it is a little bit smaller. But has a fresh scent, similar to their soap! It is not as overwhelming (to most) and fades faster. That way even if you start out too strong, you won’t be a walking cloud all day. Dove achieves a lot of similar benefits. It absorbs excess oils, adds body and texture, you don’t need much, but it does leave behind more white residue if you aren’t careful to spray it at a far enough distance from your hair. It is also quick, easy to apply and will leaving you looking and feeling fresh all day.
Who Would Buy This Product
I would definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking for something quick and easy for a touch up. Maybe you need something for after work, before you hit the town. Maybe you have colored hair and don’t wash it all the time for color longevity. Whatever your reasons, this is a great option because it will work well and has a really fresh scent!
Dove Refresh + Care vs Living Proof Perfect Hair Day: Dry Shampoo Comparison
Dove is a slightly larger bottle for a fraction of the price
Doves scent is fresh and not overwhelming
Living Proof leaves no residue
Both give your hair volume and texture
Dove is lightweight and won’t weigh down your hair
Overall, this is another great option. I wouldn’t say that this is in any way a superior product, but it does have its own individual perks. This is another fantastic option for freshening up, absorbing excess oils, saving time and smells clean and refreshing! If you’re interested in Dove Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo you can find it for an excellent price on Amazon!
Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
Klorane is also a bit on the pricey side. Even more expensive than Living Proof, for an even smaller bottle. This is supposed to be more natural as well as a vegan product. Customers also highly recommended this product. It actually leaves your hair feeling clean after use. It adds volume, texture and has a great scent. But most importantly, a lot of people said this holds up all day!
Who Would Buy This Product
If you have trouble finding a product that lasts a long time, you might really enjoy Klorane. I would probably recommend this for someone who has extra oily hair. I know a few people who have very oily hair and can’t find products that work well to fix the issue, other than showering daily. My sister can’t even shower the night before because she will look greasy in the morning, This would certainly be something I would recommend for her!
Klorane vs Living Proof Perfect Hair Day: Dry Shampoo Comparison
Both are higher quality items
Both are long lasting
Klorane leaves hair feeling clean
Klorane leaves behind even less residue
Both absorb oils and add texture and volume
While Klorane might have a higher price tag, some customers preferred it over everything else they tried. If you need something that it going to work throughout the day, this is a fantastic option! If you’re interested in checking it out you can find Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk on Amazon!
Living Proof honestly makes a fantastic dry shampoo! It shares a lot of similar features with other dry shampoos. But then again most are somewhat similar. There are a few features that really set this one apart! For instance it is a very fine mist. That means the residue will be super fine as well, which can be a huge help. You don’t need to worry about it being visible or hard to get rid of. As long as you don’t go spray-crazy and use half the bottle in one go, you should have no problems working the product into your hair. It is good for freshening up your hair, preserving hair color and style or even preventing damage from constant showers.
My hair can get incredibly dry over the winter months if I shower all the time. That can make it flat but also a little frizzier than normal. At least conditioner can keep it from getting too staticy. So to control all this, I like to curl or straighten my hair by heat styling it. It looks nice, it lasts until my next shower and it makes me feel more confident and ready for my day. But it can cause a lot of wear and tear because heat damage really does a number on your hair.
Living Proof dry shampoo will actually enable me to style my hair after a shower and make it last several days. All I have to do is use a shower cap to make sure it doesn’t get too wet when I clean my body. That way my hair can look clean and fresh but I won’t have to style it as often or worry about looking greasy. If you’re interested in trying it out, you can find Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo on Amazon!
Last update on 2022-07-03 at 22:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API