We bet you’ve asked yourself this particular question more than once. Can I get hair extensions with really short hair? Not only is this a matter of aesthetics, but it’s a question of practicality as well. Is it possible to attach extensions to only a few inches of hair? And, if so, what is the best type of extensions for this particular exercise? But fear not, ladies, for we have done some research and found out the answer to all of these questions for you, so keep on reading.
Let’s start with the beginning and the most burning question of all. Can I get hair extensions with really short hair?
The answer is yes. Yes, you can. There, now you can relax. The whole science of beauty behind hair extensions and weaves has gone so far nowadays that you can actually get long and luscious locks in a matter of hours independently of how short or thin your hair is in reality.
However, here’s a thing you need to know. You have to have a minimum of three or four inches of hair of your own. Otherwise, the extensions, no matter which type you choose, simply won’t have a bonding agent to stick to.
Now let’s move on to the second most important question. What type of hair extensions should you get for very short hair? We recommend tape-ins. They are the safest and less damaging of all types on the market. Apart from that, seeing as they are lightweight and they do not require any bonding technique other than the tape itself, they will not harm or pull out your short hair. The last thing you want in this situation is to emerge with even shorter hair than you had in the beginning, due to damage caused by the extensions.
Tips & Tricks
Here are some things you will need to take care of your short hair and extensions.
- Shine spray – since the extensions sit a few inches away from your scalp, unlike natural hair, they will not be partial to the oils that the scalp produces. Therefore, they will always be dry. This means you need to moisturize them so that they don’t look matte and dead.
- Dry shampoo – the same oils the scalp produces eventually will ooze down the length of the hair and reach the extensions, especially if you do not wash your hair frequently or if you tend to touch your hair very often. This will lead to the oils disintegrating the tape. Use dry shampoo between washes.
- Extension brush – as opposed to a normal brush, this one has special loops that untangle the extensions without pulling them out.
- Shampoo without sulfates – chemicals are not your friends when you have extensions. They irritate your scalp and may actually break down the tape and the extensions themselves.So, can I get hair extensions with really short hair? We don’t see what could be stopping you. Remember to follow the rules of maintenance when it comes to wearing extensions and visit our website for more awesome info on how to take care of your hair.
- Conditioners and repair masks – uses these on a regular basis to prevent your hair from going dry, matting or breaking. Remember that extensions, even if they are artificial, need just as much taking care of as normal hair, if not more.
So, can I get hair extensions with really short hair? We don’t see what could be stopping you. Remember to follow the rules of maintenance when it comes to wearing extensions and visit our website for more awesome info on how to take care of your hair.