Ever thought that blue ombre hair might be that amazing and impactful look change you’ve been craving? Regardless of the current tendencies, there’s no denying that ombres have a chic yet modern appeal that will never truly go out of fashion. That being said, it’s never too late to embrace this style and make it even more daring by throwing in a splatter of blue. Scroll below to discover some gorgeous looks which will have you leaving the hair salon feeling like a proper superstar. For other ombre ideas, make sure to check out our- DIY Ombre Hair: How to Obtain the Effect at Home.
6 Blue Ombre Hair Ideas
#1 Short Teal
Teal is arguably one of the most beautiful shades of blue, so you can be certain that it will look stunning in an ombre. Because of its brightness, it works particularly well with darker hair colors. But the main thing here is that it’s a perfect fit for short styles which really need a color that pops out given the limited space.
#2 Long Hair Blue Tips
If a lengthy ombre in a bright color is too bold for you (especially if it’s your first time attempting this look), try this style instead. It’s perfect for long-haired brunettes who want something a bit more subtle. In this case, slick strings of purple blend into the hair and finish into a gorgeously elegant blue at the tips.
#3 Grey Blue Ombre
Speaking of subtlety, here’s another variant for those seeking to start out with something less flashy. Despite the exemplifying picture, it’s a style that actually looks really great on any hair length, although it definitely makes medium styles stand out. The special touch here stems from the slightly greyish shade of blue which blends the hue all the better into your natural hair.
#4 Icy Blue Long Curls
Don’t worry; you’re not the only one who can’t stop staring at this gorgeous look. If you have long, dark hair, it would be a real shame to not pursue this stunning ombre. It begins with raven roots, slowly melts into a dark blue, and finally finishes into an icy shade which can turn all heads as you strut down the street.
#5 Reverse Purple and Blue
For the really daring, try this stunning style which brings the blue shade to your roots rather than your tips. Instead, your dips will be dipped in a gorgeous purple color which perfectly blends in with the rest of the ombre.
#6 Pastel Bob
It’s decided: pastels will never go out of trend and neither will bob haircuts. Blend the two together and then add the equally timeless ombre and you get the definition of modern hair trends. This stunning look brings together a soft, pastel purple which subtly blends into pastel blue hair tips. It’s a guaranteed head-turner!
Here are some of our favorite products to help you get this amazing blue ombre hair.
- Made only from vegan ingredients with no animal by-products.
- No harmful chemicals in Arctic Fox hair dye that damage the hair like chemical based hair colors.
- Arctic Fox hair dyes are gentle for frequent use and actually conditions your hair as it restores vibrancy.
- Long lasting Colors, Smears Less, Sweet Scent, No Peroxide, No Ammonia, No Ethyl Alcohol, No PPD.
- 15% Donated to help animals in need and to fight against animal cruelty.
- Amplified Formula Lasts 30% Longer Than The Original Cream Formula
- 4 Oz Squeeze Bottle – Ready To Use, No Mixing Required
- Gentle, Conditioning Formula
- Vegan And Ppd Free
- Tested On Celebrities, Not Animals
- Intense Color
- Professional Formula
- Vivid Shades with Amazing Color Payoff
DIY/Professional Tint Kit, Segbeuaty Hair Coloring Highlighting Tools on Hair Dye, Rainbow Hair Color Mixing Bowls Brushes Comb for Dyed Hair, Omber Hair Dye or Art Paint Palatte
- It’s not only very easy to get colors mixed up but also with these bowls it’s impossible to forget which color is which. Clients even may make color melts much simpler based on the Tricolor Principle.
- Sturdy with non-skid rubber bottom, so don’t worry it would spill. Set of seven interlocking rainbow hair tint bowls would create the perfect palette of colors for your next hair masterpiece.
- Easy to clean and store. The brushes and bowls could be cleaned up nicely by rinsing with water for multiple uses.
- The bristles on the brushes were nice and flexible. This brush comb provides you with great control over coloring hair roots and the tail is great for sectioning and separating strands.
- Perfect for your DIY use of pro coloring products at home such as highlighting, root touch up, mixing, and application or doing an ombre on your hair. Even also used as paint color palette for your kids.
We bet just staring at these photos really made you crave that blue ombre hair now, huh? Even though they’re definitely gorgeous, they’re not easy to achieve, so make sure to carefully pick out your hair stylist. They need to have experience with this style for the ‘magic’ to work.