Jamberry nails are the latest fashion trend when it comes to manicure. They can totally change the way your hands or feet look. These wraps come in plenty of different colors and patterns. So, you will never get bored with using them. Let’s see how good they are.
What Are Jamberry Nails?
Jamberry nails refer to nail wraps. These come in the form of thin vinyl sheets, and they adhere to the surface of your nails. Jamberry method uses pressure and heat to make the wrappings stick to wherever they are placed. It is a more durable way to create a cool manicure. You will be pleasantly surprised to know your manicure will last up to two weeks, while your pedicure will stay on for an entire month.
How to Apply Jamberry Nails
- Make sure your hands and nails are clean. Wipe off the polish you already have on. Also, remember to push back the cuticles.
- Choose one wrap for every nail. Try to match them precisely, to create the perfect fit.
- Use a hair dryer to peel off the nail wraps, and heat them for a couple of seconds. This way, they will become flexible and soft.
- After they get warm enough, press the wrap against your nail. Try to use a firm pressure, especially around the edges. Make sure the wrap has adhered completely to your nail’s surface.
- All you have to do now is to cut the extra top part with scissors. You can even use a file, but my recommendation is to avoid this because it will not offer the same accuracy.
- In the end, after you have removed all the excess parts, repeat the heat-pressure method. This will make the Jamberry nails last longer.
How to Remove Jamberry Nails?
Depending on the time you have had your nails on, you can choose one of the following removal techniques:
- Quick removal process. This method is recommended if you have had your nails on for less than ten days. All you have to do is to heat them up with a hair dryer for about 10-15 seconds, and then get under the nail wrap’s edge, using your thumbnail. This way, you will break the seal. Continue by peeling the wrap, going from one side to the other. In the case in which the wraps are not peeled easily enough, you should try the second method.
- Gentle removal process. Put your nails in polish remover and keep them there for about 30 seconds. Then, start rubbing them off, in a gentle and slowly way. This works better for those of you who have had the Jamberry nails for more than ten days because it breaks down the adhesive bond. You will see how they will just slide off your nail bed.
Pros and Cons of Jamberry Nails
- There are plenty of patterns and designs to choose from.
- They last longer than normal nail polish.
- It can be a fun putting-on process. You can even think of a girls’ night out when doing this.
- They will boost your mood and even confidence.
- The wraps can be enough for even four different manicures. This is because you always have to cut off the excess parts. Therefore, it will be used later on for a new manicure.
- It is more expensive than nail polish.
- You have to be patient and accurate when applying them.
- Not all women like the feeling that these wraps create on their fingers. It feels like having a sticker.
- Takes some time to apply them correctly.
- You will also need some additional things such as a blow dryer and scissors.
Bottom line, Jamberry nails are a great option if you want to have vibrant fun manicures. It is true, however, that the application process takes a while. You will also have to learn the proper method to apply them. Otherwise, it might become a mess, and I am sure you want to avoid wrecked nails. Try them and let us know how it worked.
Image source: 1