As a woman who likes trying different hairstyles but not permanent ones a curling iron is the best hair tool money can buy. I have very straight hair that never keeps a curl, despite the fact that its length is above the shoulder. I have a few curling irons but I feel they do not live up to the expectations. While I did not throw them away, I complained a few times to my husband that I wanted an iron to just get me some curls. I did not want some highly performing machine with dozens of features – just a reliable, honest, sturdy iron that can offer me some waves and curls that hold their ground for a day.
My husband was receptive enough to remember my rants and one day he surprised me with a gift: the Hey Beauty Curling Iron. He browsed the Internet and read reviews, I think he also read some women’s magazines, and finally decided to get me this iron – which promised to be one of the best curling irons on the market. First thing first, this is one of those hi-tech irons with plenty of specs, features and accessories.
I looked it up as well – but I will get to that later – and decided to use it. A gift from the husband is a gift from the husband and he was pretty excited, so I gave the product a run for its money.
I have used this curling iron two-three times a week for about a month now. I think the time is right for me to share with you my opinion and my impressions with this product.
Things to Consider before Buying the Hey Beauty Curling Iron
Women with difficult, stubborn hair sometimes have issues with getting curls or keeping them. For some wavy strands, I usually have to use plenty of hair products and sprays to get some hold. I think this particular Hey Beauty Curling Iron’s results depend on your hair type. I have thin hair (but a lot of hair) that is stubborn and all over the place and the iron worked. On the other hand, you should know some things before you buy this curling iron:
- Design flaw: One of the things you need to learn while using this iron is to avoid turning the button off accidentally. The button has a peculiar position if you ask me and you can shut it when you use the iron. However, once you get the hang of it, you will not experience any more problems. I like the clamp but it feels it will get loose or stuck. I also feel the ceramic coating is rather thin and it will scratch off soon.
- Technology: This heating tool, adopting ceramic, heats up fast and distributes heat evenly to achieve long-lasting waves and curls with minimum damage and maximum staying power. Moreover, the digital pre-setting temperature control ensures that there is no heat fluctuation, offering an even and consistent temperature level across the entire barrel, enabling a quicker and healthier styling. I appreciated the ergonomic anti-slip handle and powerful spring clamp. I also appreciated the 7.5ft cord coming with a 360°swivel joint to enable a smooth and tangle-free curling. Finally yet importantly, the iron comes with a heat resistant glove for extra-safety.
- Efficiency: The iron has a rather long barrel, so it saves you time with the curling process. I got my curls fast and easy (after I mastered the off button and the clamp). My curls stayed put – bouncy and beautiful – all day long.
- Type of hair: Dense but thin hair with a tendency to greasiness is hard to tame. I had professional hairdos that did not stay outside of the salon, no matter how much the hair stylist tried. I think this iron works well with thin hair, but it may not work for all types of hair, even if it promises to do so. The clamp works well but I am not sure it will not be stuck or become loose after using it on thick hair.
- Multiple hair benefits: My hair gets its waves and curls, but also a shine and a smoothness I have never experienced before with other curling irons.
- Curling process: Make sure you use the iron as the manufacturer explains and you should have no problems with it.
Who Should Buy This Curling Iron
This is a great curling iron for women who want fast results in an efficient and comfortable amount of time. I think it works well for beginners (teenagers and young women experimenting with curling irons) because it is safe and easy to use. The glove and the digital thermostat allow you to learn how to curl your hair efficiently and safely.
No products found.
Who Should Not Buy This Curling Iron
Women who want professional or semi-professional products coming with no design flaws and hi-tech features.
Hey Beauty Curling Iron
This Hey Beauty Curling Iron is a ceramic iron with a nice lengthy barrel – 8 inches in length – and some nice tech specs. I particularly enjoyed the instant heating and the digital display of temperature, although I wanted something far simpler. The heat protection glove was a nice addition to the pack. Let me share with you my pros and cons of this product now that I used it for quite a while.
- Extremely efficient and damage-free
- Allows multiple hair styles
- Very affordable
- May not work for all types of hair
- The design would benefit from some improvements
- It may break easily
Hey Beauty Curling Iron Features and Benefits
The anti-slip handles and the powerful spring clamp promise an easy and safe one-handed styling operation. I feel the clamp will not be as powerful same time next year, but time will tell. However, the 360° swivel cord is just great for all-around hair styling without tangles, frizz, or breaks. I want to summarize the main features and benefits of this curling iron, as I think details are important.
- The ceramic ionic wand creates fast and beautiful curls in an efficient manner.
- The digital temperature control feature allows you to choose your heating style (170F to 410F or 80C to 210C) to get loose beachy curls or tight ones.
- The barrel and the clip are longer than other similar products, although there are even longer ones on the market.
- Ergonomic grip with anti-slip and anti-burn properties.
- The iron can heat up in less than 45 seconds to the maximum temperature.
- Great length of cord with 360° swivel.
- The heat resistant glove is great and very useful to those not skilled yet in the art of curling your hair without damages and accidents.
- The curls hold all day long.
After my husband gave me this product, I also checked it online for reviews. I found even more enthusiast women out there expressing their joy in regards to this product and being extremely happy with it. The reviews persuaded me to try it. Some people complained about the same design flaws I identified, but other than that, people were enthusiast. However, you will find one or two unhappy reviews, so I think you should know very well what you expect from this product and what type of hair you have to avoid disappointment.
No products found.
Alternatives to the Hey Beauty Curling Iron
When you search the Internet for a specific product, you also find other similar products as well. I listed here three alternatives to this curling iron, hoping that they may work even better for you. I think I will also test at least one of them in the future.
From a tech point of view, the Mr. Big Curling Iron looks like an innovation. It has a very long barrel and promises to curl your strands in one pass. It is well-built, from what I have seen, and it comes with plenty of features and benefits.
Who Should Use this Curling Iron
Women who want hi-tech curling irons for long, thick hair. Women who would pay a significant price for quality.
Hey Beauty Curling Iron vs. Mr. Big Curling Iron Comparison
- Hey Beauty has a shorter barrel than Mr. Big;
- Mr. Big comes with auto shut-off;
- Hey Beauty comes with heat resistant glove;
- Hey Beauty has a shorter cord but the cord wraps around the handle;
- Hey Beauty is cheaper.
If you want an alternative to this Hey Beauty Curling Iron, check out the Mr. Big Curling Iron as well. It may even work better for you if you want an above-standards curling iron with extra specs.
This is another interesting alternative in the best curling irons department. It is a 5-in-1 interchangeable ceramic tourmaline barrels set for maximum styling, which will allow you to vary your look with ease. It also features 9 precise temperature settings.
Who Should Use this Curling Iron
Women who change their looks and hairstyles often and who want different types of curls in different days. Women who want a 5-in-1 hair styling tool with all the tech trimmings.
Hey Beauty Curling Iron vs. xtava Set Comparison
- xtava includes 5 detachable barrels for different types of curls;
- xtava does not come with a cool tip;
- xtava features an auto shut off function;
- xtava comes with a 2 year warranty and money back guarantee on the 5 in 1 hair curling iron;
- xtava is more expensive.
This seems like a more professional, salon-style curling iron set and I think it works best for women who want different hairstyles and different types of curls. As tech specs and price go, this curling iron may be a bit expensive but more advanced, so check out the xtava 5 in 1 Professional Curling Iron and Wand Set and decide!
This is another excellent option in the best curling irons department, and it seems to be easy to use and quite efficient.
Who Should Use this Curling Iron
Women who want fast and cute corkscrew curls that last 24 hours. From a tech point of view, this curling iron is interesting, to say the least, so you might want to try it if you want fast and hassle-free curls.
Hey Beauty Curling Iron vs. Lee Stafford Comparison
- Lee Stafford has no controls and heats up to a fixed temperature of 450F;
- Lee Stafford’s manufacturer recommends you use a hair heat protection treatment and heat resistant glove because the chopstick gets quite hot;
- Lee Stafford heats up in 15 seconds and provides 24 hours-lasting curls;
- Lee Stafford comes with a money back warranty;
- Lee Stafford is more expensive.
If you think that if you need cute, tight, corkscrew curls fast and easy – and you are versed in using such an iron – the Lee Stafford Ceramic Curling Wand may be exactly what you need for a fast, no fuss hair styling option.
No products found.
As I said at the beginning of this review, my hair is stubborn enough to resist curling. However, when my husband gave this product to me, I found it to work very well and live up to its promise. I and other people accidentally turn off the iron in mid-curling process due to the on/off button. In addition, the product lost a point because I cannot shake the feeling that the clamp is flimsy and it will become loose and inefficient in time.
Other than that, I am very pleased with this iron. The extra accessories – namely the heat resistant glove – is a nice addition. I think this iron works best for beginners. It is cheap, does its job, comes with a digital thermostat and the glove, to make curling an easy and safe process for women who are not versed in this art.
I think the Hey Beauty Curling Iron works well with medium and short hair, even long hair. Its efficiency for very long, very thick hair is something to debate, but I do not have a problem with it because my hair is rather short and thin. The long barrel is versatile enough to allow you nice and fast hairstyling without much fuss. It will curl your strands or ends in one pass. This does protect your hair and prevents frizzing, overheating, and burning because you do not have to repeat the heating and the curling on the same strand twice.
The curling iron comes with a strong non-slip grip that is ergonomic, it heats up relatively fast, and it allows you to set the temperature right. You can use it as your go-to curling iron for everyday use while you keep another curling iron – a more professional, salon-style one – for special occasions. The size makes it comfortable for carrying around in vacations or business trips.
Is this product one of the best curling irons on the market? It actually depends a lot, on what you want. I will certainly try others, but I am very happy with this one so far. Others can certainly find something better, with a stronger built, other tech features, a different design and so on. I will try at least one of the alternatives I already mentioned. Until then, I will get my curls on with the Hey Beauty Curling Iron and be very happy about it.
External References & Citations
- chevron-circle-right See the best curling irons on the market according to Amazon reviews!
- chevron-circle-rightMr. Big Curling Iron Review
- chevron-circle-rightHey Beauty Curling Iron Review
- chevron-circle-rightLee Stafford Ceramic Curling Wand Review
- chevron-circle-rightxtava 5 in 1 Professional Curling Iron and Wand Set Review
- chevron-circle-rightPARWIN BEAUTY Curling Iron Review
- chevron-circle-rightAnjou Curling Iron Review
- chevron-circle-rightHot Tools Professional Spring Curling Iron Review
- chevron-circle-rightInfiniti Pro Ceramic Curling Wand Review
- chevron-circle-rightBerta Ceramic Curling Iron Review
- chevron-circle-rightGeneric Riwa Curling Iron Set Review
Last update on 2022-08-11 at 10:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API