Are you looking for a reliable contact solution? Then you may want to check out the product we are reviewing today, Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case.
The Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case uses the bubbling power of hydrogen peroxide to make your lenses clean. It has a powerful triple action cleaning, which will loosen dirt, and remove protein. This product neutralizes the hydrogen peroxide into a gentle saline solution. This works well with all Soft and Rigid Gas Permeable contact lenses.
Things to Consider When Trying Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case
When shopping for contact solution, you will first want to consider if you have sensitive eyes. The Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case says in the description that this product works well for sensitive eyes, and a lot of customers commented that this statement was true. Therefore, if you have sensitive eyes, you may benefit from this product.
Secondly, consider if a hydrogen peroxide contact solution is what you want. This type has more steps than a multi-purpose solution does. Once you have followed the instructions, you will need to let your contact lenses sit in the solution for 6 hours. Also, forgetting to neutralize can lead to serious eye injuries. Many customers said that their eyes burned due to not letting the lenses sit long enough in the solution. Although this type is very effective, you will want to consider if you will have time in your day to use this.
Lastly, consider if contact lenses are what work best for you. If you think you will forget to wash them with solution, or if your eyes have been hurting after using them, perhaps contact lenses aren’t for you. If so, no contact solution will be needed.
Who Should Buy This Product
Anyone who wants to remove protein and dirt from their contact lenses will want to buy this product. Featuring a powerful triple action cleaning, this product uses its bubbling action to clean your lenses. If you have sensitive eyes, you may want this product as many customers with sensitive eyes stated that this worked well. Also, if you use Soft or Rigid Gas Permeable contact lenses, this product will work well on those.
Who Shouldn’t Buy This Product
Do not buy this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. The ingredients are Micro-Filtered Hydrogen Peroxide (3%), Sodium Chloride (0.79%), Stabilized with Phosphoric Acid, a Phosphate Buffered System, and Pluronic 17R4. Also, if you don’t have as much time to use contact solution, this product may not be for you. Hydrogen peroxide has more steps than a multi-purpose solution. If you don’t let the solution neutralize long enough, this can burn your eyes and lead to serious eye injuries. Therefore, if you forget to neutralize it or don’t let it neutralize long enough (6 hours), this product is not for you.
Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case
The Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case is a hydrogen peroxide contact solution that uses bubbles to clean your lenses. It has a powerful triple action cleaning, and will loosen dirt and protein on your lenses. This product neutralizes the hydrogen peroxide into a gentle saline solution. It can be used with all Soft and Rigid Gas Permeable contact lenses.
- Powerful triple action cleaning
- Loosens dirt and removes protein
- Pack of 2
- Comes with a lens case
- Good for sensitive eyes
- Not neutralizing can lead to injuries
- May not work well for slime
- Takes longer to use
Features and Benefits
- Uses its bubbling power to clean your contact lenses
- Comes in a pack of 2
- Can be used with all Soft and Rigid Gas Permeable contact lenses
- Loosens dirt and removes protein from your contact lenses
- Has powerful triple action cleaning
- Neutralizes the hydrogen peroxide into a gentle saline solution
- Includes a lens case
I’ve scoured the internet and read through the customer comments on Amazon for Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case. I’ll share with you some of what I found here:
“Seriously, if you havent switched from regular solution to this you need to do it ASAP. Game changer. My contacts feel brand new every single day! I asked my eye doc about it and he said he thinks the stuff is AWESOME (he was very emphatic about the word awesome). I told him the only downside was it was causing me to wear my contact WAY longer than the suggested 1 month. He said the only reason to change them out is that they can get torn or frayed, so as long as they felt nice and new I could wear them as long as I wanted. That means my normal 6 month set of contacts is lasting me a whole year! This stuff is great! Important downsides to keep in mind, though: You MUST keep your contacts in the solution for 6 hours. If you need them again sooner, you can remove them and wash them THOROUGHLY with REGULAR solution, but under no circumstance should you put them back in before 6 hours straight out of this solution. It contains hydrogen peroxide and HURTS LIKE YOU WOULDN’T BELIEVE if you don’t give it 6 hours to deactivate. I made this mistake once, and only once 🙂 Also, the case should stay upright and you empty/refill it completely every day, so it is not ideal for travelling.”
“Only solution I use for my contacts. I have been wearing contacts for over 15 years, and since using this solution about 10 years. I can no longer tolerate cheap saline solution as it does not clean/disinfect the lenses, and makes my contacts feel awful in my eyes. This solution however, allows me to wear my 2 week disposable contacts for 12+ hours with no discomfort what so ever, and I can barely tell they’re in. The only downfall is they have to sit 6 hours (I can get away with 5ish hours) or the peroxide is still active. I just soak at night time and sleep.”
“Recommended by my doctor for sensitive eyes that react to other types of contact lens cleaners. I’ve been using it for years. Because it has to neutralize over a 6-hour period, once you put the contact lenses into the cleaning solution you can’t put them back in your eyes until the process is complete or it will burn your eyes. This sounds a little freaky but the natural hydrogen peroxide reaction reduces the solution to a water pH by morning. Purchase price on Amazon has been better than elsewhere.”
If the Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case isn’t exactly what you are looking for, here are a few other contact lens solutions to check out.
○ The Biotrue Contact Lens Solution for Soft Contact Lenses is a multi-purpose contact solution. It has the same pH as healthy tears, and it works with your eyes. It will hydrate your contact lenses, so that you will have up to 20 hours of moisture. This contact lens solution combines a dual disinfection system. 9 out of 10 people have been satisfied with this product. The ingredients are the following: hyaluronan, sulfobetaine, poloxamine, boric acid, sodium borate, edetate disodium and sodium chloride, and it is preserved with a dual disinfection system (polyaminopropyl biguanide .00013% and polyquaternium .0001%). Make sure you are not allergic to these ingredients before you try it. If you are looking for a contact solution that works with your eyes, and is comfortable to wear, this product may be what you are looking for.
○ The Blink Revitalens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution will deliver effective cleaning and dual-disinfection. This contact solution is a multi-purpose contact lens solution, which is the most common type of contact solution. It will remove protein and other deposits that may appear while you wear your contact lens. This contact lens solution conditions the lenses, and increases the comfort while you’re wearing your contact lens. It will give you ultimate comfort for up to 16 hours. If you are looking for a comfortable, multi-purpose contact solution, this product is a good choice.
○ The ReNu Lens Solution, Advanced Triple Disinfect Formula is a multi-purpose solution, which is considered the easiest and quickest type to use. It has a unique triple disinfectant system. It delivers excellent disinfectant and cleaning, and will provide up to 20 hours of moisture. This product will hydrate and condition your lenses, so that you have all day comfort. The ingredients are poloxamine, poloxamer 181, diglycine, sodium citrate, boric acid, sodium borate, edetate disodium and sodium chloride, and it is preserved with a triple disinfectant system (polyaminopropyl biguanide 0.00005%, polyquaternium 0.00015% and alexidine 0.0002%). Make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients before trying this product. If you are wanting a multi-purpose solution that delivers a deep cleaning to your lenses, this contact solution may be what you are looking for.
The Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case is made with hydrogen peroxide. It produces a bubbling action which makes your lenses clean. This solution uses a powerful triple action cleaning, which loosens dirt, and removes protein. Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case neutralizes the hydrogen peroxide into a gentle saline solution. This solution also works well with all Soft and Rigid Gas Permeable contact lenses. The price is a bit high but customers mostly left positive feedback saying that is was totally worth the price. I hope my review of the Clear Care Cleaning & Disinfecting Solution with Lens Case can help you decide if this is the contact solution for you!
For more information, check out the rest of our contact solution reviews.