It may surprise people that a man takes his time to review a cosmetic / personal care product, but I have a feeling other guys (and girls, why not?) will appreciate my two cents on the Om Botanical Sulfate Free shampoo. I was looking for the best sulfate free shampoos for a while now. I am not getting any younger and my hair shows I had a very interesting life so far. Age does not spare anybody of some embarrassment, and I felt that my falling, frizzy, thinning, dull looking hair had enough. I blame stress, but of course, age, poor lifestyle choices, pollution, bad dieting, poor sleeping patterns and a job in litigation can play an ugly number on a guy’s hair (and body for that matter).
Sulfate free shampoos seemed the answer to my problem. A few friends of mine started using their wives’ botanical sulfate free shampoos and they were quite satisfied with the result. While I did not reach severe alopecia, it is better to prevent than treat. Some of my friends recommended me a handful of such natural and organic shampoos and I began a research. At first, I thought such products were rare and I would have troubles finding them, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn there is a significant market niche for them.
I, of course, looked for men-specific sulfate free shampoos, just as there are men-specific normal shampoos. All I found were unisex sulfate free shampoos, and I had to adjust to the situation. There are some gender-independent choices you can make that I am sure will fit the bill. I chose the Om Botanical Sulfate Free Shampoo because it promised amazing results for men and because it contained plenty of natural ingredients. I used the shampoo for three weeks and I can say I have some results you would like to know.
Things to Consider before Buying the Om Botanical Sulfate Free Shampoo
Who Should Buy This Shampoo
As I learned through my research, sulfate free shampoos are a good alternative to hair care if you want to get your hair back into shape. Most professionals in the legal system tend to lose hair due to stress and have their locks age before their time. I personally do not favor GI Joe’s haircut, so I tend to care for my hair for the years I will still be able to enjoy it. Therefore, I recommend this shampoo to all men who want to protect, nourish, rejuvenate, and strengthen their hair.
The shampoo comes with plenty of interesting ingredients that focus on hair fall and balding. Argan oil is known for its benefits for oil and hair, while natural components such as soap nuts and shikakai make compelling arguments in favor of the product. In other words, men and women – who want good looking, voluminous, moist and healthy hair – should try this shampoo as well. The biotin in it is a great addition.
Who Should Not Buy This Shampoo
Om Botanical Sulfate Free Shampoo
This Om Botanical Sulfate Free Shampoo contains Ayurvedic ingredients. Simply put, it contains plenty of herbs and essential oils originating from India and the Himalayas. Just like Chinese traditional medicine, Indian one has a very strong reputation. For instance, the pumpkin seed oil in this shampoo prevents hair loss. The Moroccan Argan oil will hydrate and soften your hair, leaving it tangle-free and manageable, together with a healthy body, texture, volume, and shine.
The shampoo also contains vitamins and other ingredients that make an important part in anybody’s hair care routine. I found the shampoo to work very well and restore the looks of my hair in just three weeks. To be fair, I will use it until I finish it to test if the results stack and my hair becomes healthier and better looking in the following months.
The shampoo has a mild formula. It does not foam and lather like normal shampoos. You may be disappointed because of this, but I knew what to expect from this point of view. The scent is not designer’s perfume, but it is decent and fresh enough to not bother – at least for me, but I am all for strong, poignant, and spicy scents.
I think I can sum up everything by conveying the pros and cons of this shampoo as follows:
- Effective for stressed, aging hair
- Supplemental hair benefits
- Scent may not be on your liking
- You may experience side effects
- Other shampoos may work better
Om Botanical Sulfate Free Shampoo Features and Benefits
I always enjoyed my hair and I think it contributed to many of my successes outside the courtroom and maybe inside of it as well. Getting older is not a comfortable idea for any man, especially not one who made a living out of impeccable public appearances. I still want to hold on to something precious to me, just as I compensate for my body’s ageing with better diets and gym sessions. This is why I decided to try a new shampoo – and a sulfate free one no less.
Generally, these are the shampoo’s features and benefits I found to be the most important:
- The shampoo is rich in ingredients with medicinal properties. This is good, because the product allows for stronger roots. Biotin increases hair growth and makes hair thick and strong, which is something to enjoy. The vitamins and the herbal extracts also contributed to my hair getting its volume and shine back.
- The shampoo controls stressed hair falling and breaking. This was in fact my main goal, and I found the product to be satisfactory from this point of view.
- The shampoo offers a few other hair benefits I did not expect but fully enjoyed when they occurred: livelier curls, moisture, clean scalp, less dandruff, and better volume.
- The shampoo’s formula is beneficial for thin dry hair. My hair is thin but it is not rare. On the contrary, my youth nickname “Lionhead” began with my hair and continued with my abilities in the courtroom or conference rooms. In other words, I appreciated very much how this shampoo somehow revitalized my younger look with dense, thick, voluminous hair – even if it is dry.
- The shampoo is unisex. With the risk of repeating myself, I found that this shampoo works well for men. I did not test the shampoo on a lady friend, but I do trust my buddies’ wives and girlfriends.
- The shampoo is cruelty free. This is something I do appreciate as a person and a man who had dedicated his life to everything that is right, moral, ethical, and just. Some people may not care, but as a pet owner I cannot have an animal-tested product in my house.
Alternatives to the Om Botanical Sulfate Free Shampoo
If you are interested in sulfate free shampoos that are natural and come with plenty of hair benefits, I did a little digging up to help any fellow male who wants some better hair care. Here are some things you might enjoy knowing!
This shampoo might work for both men and women. It contains organic ingredients and it seems to work well with all types of hair.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People with dry, damaged, and falling hair; men and women with stressed hair or people with chemically damaged hair.
Baebody Shampoo vs. OM Botanical Shampoo Comparison
- Both are sulfate free;
- Baebody is better for dandruff control;
- Baebody comes with organic ingredients;
- Both contain argan oil;
- Baebody is cheaper.
If you want an alternative to Om Botanical sulfate free shampoo, check out the Baebody Sulfate Free Shampoo to make the choice that is good for you!
- Maple Holistics Sulfate Free Shampoo
Another best sulfate free shampoo is Maple Holistics Sulfate Free Shampoo.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want thicker, more voluminous, stronger hair; people with falling hair problems, people with dandruff, and people who need more hair protection.
Om Botanical Shampoo vs. Maple Holistics Comparison
- Both are sulfate free, chemicals free, cruelty free;
- Both encourage hair volume;
- Om Botanical is made in the USA;
- Maple Holistics may pose problems to people allergic to nuts.
If you want an alternative to the Om Botanical shampoo, check out the Maple Holistics Sulfate Free Argan Oil Shampoo! It may be what you have always been looking for!
This is another excellent option in the sulfate free shampoo products area, and it seems to be unisex as well.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who want organic hair care, dandruff control, hair loss control, hair repair after chemical or UV damage.
Om Botanical Shampoo vs. Boldify Shampoo Comparison
- Both are sulfate free shampoos;
- Om Botanical is based on traditional Indian medicine;
- Boldify is not fully organic;
- Om Botanical comes with the manufacturer’s 100% Money Back Guarantee
Stress can kill a man slowly. We tend to dismiss most stress-induced health and looks problems. After all, who is not stressed? Whose job is easy? Whose life is easy? But taking stress for granted is a mistake that can become painfully costly in the end. As shallow as a 40something year’s old man hair problem might seem, it is not. It can underlie huge health issues and a significant level of self-negligence.
Having my hair look dull, flat, and dry as straw piles, with unaesthetic curls and an overall unhealthy look got me thinking. While my bloodwork seemed fine, I knew it had something to do with stress, fatigue, poor diet, poor sleep, lost nights (you will never get back at 40), vices, and living on this planet these days. So I tried the first thing it came to my attention: better shampoo.
As a friendly reminder, if you do not want stress to kill you, change your lifestyle, from your shampoo to the way you conduct business. It is a no brainer that you need to protect yourself. But since I started with the shampoo, this will be the main topic now.
I enjoyed the mix of botanical ingredients in this shampoo. I am not sure they are 100% organic, but for me this is not a deal breaker. I do prefer that products are not tested on animals though, and this shampoo got extra point for that.
This shampoo seems to behave like other sulfate free shampoos out there: it is less dense and you need more product for one use. It is worth the price though, as it does show good results in making your scalp and hair look and feel better.
The fragrance of this shampoo may be a small issue. I chose to treat the smell with indifference and my choice paid off. However, if you have a sensitive smell or if you want something with a more exciting fragrance, there are some shampoos above that might fit the bill better.
Overall, I enjoyed the results this shampoo offered. My hair got stronger, more voluminous, shinier, silkier and healthier-looking. Most importantly, I enjoyed the lowering of fallen hairs and breaking ones. I also enjoyed more dandruff control and better texture and curl definition for my hair.
If you have extremely sensitive and dry skin with dermatological problems, you may want to look for other alternatives. The shampoo does not come with side effects, but usually these are something too personal to be extrapolated to an entire pool of customers. Some people accused itchiness and scalp discomfort. I suggest you conduct your own research and focus on shampoos, which promise no discomfort or nuisances at all. The shampoo is vegan and safe for the ones gluten-intolerant, so you should be fine. However, you should also be wise and test the shampoo or read the label carefully.
Make sure you use the shampoo within its expiration date. Since it does not contain many chemicals, I assume it can spoil faster than other shampoos. I kept mine in the fridge for safe measure but it is not mandatory. Just do not put anything on your skin or face that went beyond the expiration date.
Is this product the best sulfate free shampoo on the market? Maybe not. Surely, you can find other sulfate free shampoos to meet your personal expectations and standards. I will also try some of the other shampoos I featured here on the “Alternatives” headline. However, if you simply want to safeguard your hair for the future and rejuvenate it, the Om Botanical Sulfate Free Shampoo may be exactly what you want.
External References & Citations
- chevron-circle-right Amazon best sulfate free shampoo choices according to customer reviews
- chevron-circle-rightBest Sulfate Free Shampoos and Why To Use Them
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistic Sulfate Free Argan Oil Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightBingo Sulfate Free Shampoo + Conditioner Review
- chevron-circle-rightArt Naturals Sulfate Free Shampoo+ Conditioner Review
- chevron-circle-rightPure Nature Sulfate Free Shampoo+ Conditioner Review
- chevron-circle-rightLuxeOrganix Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo + Conditioner Review
- chevron-circle-rightBaebody Moroccan Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-right 1790 Best Daily Natural Sulfate Free Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightBOLDIFY Hair Thickening Shampoo with Biotin Review
- chevron-circle-rightOm Botanical Sulfate Free Unisex Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightHoneydew Sulfate Free Hair Growth Shampoo