If you want to go blonde the easiest way to do it is by bleaching hair. When you want to achieve that classic Hollywood-like style, loose blonde curls are a great option. However, if your natural locks are dark, it can be a dramatic change. Before deciding something, you should gather as many details as possible regarding this procedure. If it is not done correctly, it could create a lot of troubles for your hair. Let’s see which are the pros and cons of bleaching hair and how you should do it safely.
Pros and Cons of Bleaching Hair
- It is the fastest and easiest method to make your hair lighter.
- Using bleaching solutions is easier and quicker compared to DIY hair colors.
- It can be a good transition color, especially for when you want to dye your hair with bold colors such as dark purple or fire red.
- Bleaching hair might damage your locks by burning them. It is a harsh procedure that can dry your hair and make it look dull. Make sure you don’t bleach it too often. Otherwise, it might look fried. Moreover, this cosmetic method weakens your hair, making it easier to break.
- This procedure requires constant retouching. Especially those of you who have dark hair will need to repeat the process constantly. Darker roots will begin to show as soon as the hair grows a little.
Safe Bleaching Hair Tips and Methods
- Bleaching hair should consist of three parts: getting started, main action, and haircare treatments.
- When you decide to bleach your hair, make sure it is healthy first. To maintain healthy locks, you should trim and condition them periodically.
- Consult a hairstylist before purchasing your products. Make sure they match your hair type. Choose those that have minimum side effects.
- Before bleaching all your hair, test the products on a small area. This will show you how your hair reacts to the procedure and how long you have to wait until the hair becomes lighter.
- You should do this process in the bathroom, wearing a towel on your shoulder, to avoid stains.
- Mix your bleach and split your hair into four separate sections. Start applying it on the roots and continue painting your locks until your reach the tips.
- Pay attention not to touch your scalp with bleach. It might damage your skin.
- In the end, wash your hair and use a lot of conditioner. Don’t use a blow dryer. Dry your locks naturally.
Bleaching hair can be fun. After all, you will have a completely different look which can make you stand out in the crowd. However, bleach can damage your locks and scalp. This is why you must be careful how you do it. This procedure has both pros and cons. Therefore, make sure to follow our recommendations to maintain yourself on the safe side.
Image source: 1