Ready to trade in your peanut butter for something a little healthier? Then you may want to try out California Almond Butter by Almondee. California Almond Butter is an all-natural GMO Free almond butter that is grown in California. It is made in a peanut-free facility. This almond butter must be refrigerated after opening.
Things to Consider When Trying California Almond Butter
If you are allergic to peanut butter, almond butter can be a great alternative. Almond butter has a similar texture to peanut butter. A great feature about this almond butter is that it is processed in a peanut-free facility so that makes it safe for people with peanut allergies to consume it.
If you have had a bad reaction to any tree nuts, you may want to ask your doctor before trying California Almond Butter.
Who Should Buy This Product
Almond butter is a good choice for vegans and vegetarians because it is high in protein, heart-healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
If you are an athlete, work out, or are just health conscience, this is a good food choice to add to your diet. It is packed with more nutrition than peanut butter.
Who Shouldn’t Buy This Product
Do not buy this product is you are allergic to almonds or if you have suffered from kidney or gallbladder issues. Make sure to consult your doctor if you feel any concerns about whether or not you should eat this almond butter.
California Almond Butter
This almond butter is a healthy choice to add to your diet. I’m going to go over the pros and cons so that you can make the best decision if this brand is right for you.
- Manufactured in a peanut-free facility
- GMO Free
- Almonds only
- Made in the USA
- Must be refrigerated
Features and Benefits
- Only ingredient is dry roasted California Almonds
- All Natural
- Made in the USA in California
I’ve scoured the internet and also Amazon looking for feedback for the California Almond Butter. I’ll share some of what I found here:
“After buying a different brand (Kirkland)…..and getting a refund, I tried this brand. I am very happy!!! Pure ingredients, no oil added, and very creamy/smooth. No mixing required….no oil on top. The taste is great. I could find nothing negative to say about this. Five stars, great price, great product!”
“I’ve been purchasing this item for months now. I give it 5 stars because it is delicious. You store it in the fridge after opening it but it always goes on smooth on my English muffin. In addition to that the sugar content is minimal. So it’s my go to for a quick breakfast or midday snack. Love it.”
“This almond butter is delicious! I love that they were able to create a very tasty product without adding anything extra. It doesn’t need palm oil or sweeteners, because it is perfect in its natural state.”
If the California Almond Butter isn’t exactly what you are looking for, then here are a few alternatives for you to check out.
○ The Barney Butter Almond Butter is slightly cheaper. It is made in a peanut free, almond only facility. If you are allergic to peanuts, this is a good almond butter to try since no peanuts have come near it. There is no added salt or sugar. Unlike the California Almond Butter, this almond butter does not need refrigerated or stirred. Similar to the California Almond Butter, this almond butter does not have a lot of ingredients. The only ingredients are blanched almonds and palm fruit oil. To create the smooth texture in this butter, the almonds were blanched. You can, however, purchase a crunchy almond butter, but it will be more expensive. This is gluten free, non-GMO, kosher, dairy free, and soy free.
○ The Honey Almond Butter Squeeze Packs by Justin’s around the same price as the California Almond Butter. This almond butter, unlike the California Almond Butter, comes in packs instead of a jar. There are 10 packs in a box. This is a good option for those who travel a lot and want to bring a healthy snack. There are 6 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of sugar. The ingredients are the following: Dry Roasted Hazelnuts, Dry Roasted Almonds, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa, Organic Cocoa Butter, Palm Fruit Oil, Vanilla, and Sea Salt. There are many more flavors from Justin’s Nut Butter, including Classic Peanut, Honey Peanut, Classic Almond, Maple Almond, Vanilla Almond, and Chocolate Hazelnut.
○ The Jif Almond Butter is considered a more expensive price. Unlike the California Almond Butter, this almond butter does not need stirred or refrigerated. It has 7 grams of protein per serving. The ingredients are the following: Roasted Almonds, Sugar, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (Rapeseed, Cottonseed and Soybean), Sunflower Oil, and Salt. Keep in mind that it may contain Brazil nut, hazelnut, macadamia nut, and pine nut ingredients, as well as cashews. If you are allergic to any of these nuts, then don’t buy this almond butter.
California Almond Butter has a texture similar to peanut butter. It is processed in a facility that does not process peanuts. Many people who are allergic to peanuts specifically chose this brand because it is processed in a peanut-free facility. This is an all natural, non-GMO product without additives. If you are looking for an almond only butter, this is a good choice. Because it doesn’t have additives, the oil will go to the top, so it will need stirred. Also, you should refrigerate it after opening it. I hope that my review of the California Almond Butter will help you decide if you should try it out!
For even more information, check out the rest of our almond butter reviews.