Supplements tend to get a bit of a bad reputation, even though there is definitely a sufficiently solid foundation for that. However, spirulina weight loss supplements might actually be the exception to reinforce the rule. Keep reading and find out why.
What’s Spirulina and What Makes It Special?
Spirulina is a microalga most commonly present water reservoirs of America, India, Mexico, and Africa. It’s not a recent discovery, having been around long enough to receive the seal of approval of many institutions that give it praise for its impressively high nutritional value. Because of how well it can satiate your body, it’s a superfood that even NASA recommends to astronauts who need to consume nutritious foods that can help them last longer.
You will mostly find spirulina in the shape of supplement pills or powders. So, yes, it is a supplement, but unlike the various dubious products you keep seeing ads of online, this is a natural supplement. It means that none of the nutrients and vitamins are synthetic and your body can assimilate them with no problems.
The Spirulina Weight Loss Effects
There are people, however, who use spirulina supplements not only for their daily nutrient intake but for weight loss as well. Without doing a little bit of research, it might seem a little bit weird, especially since we have yet to mention any calorie-burning magic properties, right? Well, spirulina does aid loss, though it does it in a few different ways.
- First of all, it has low calories. A single tablespoon of spirulina (which amounts to around 7 grams) is only 20 calories. Yet there are so many nutrients and vitamins in that single tablespoon! In other words, add it to some delicious morning smoothies with no fear of unwanted calories.
- It’s a highly nutritious kind of food. This means, on one hand, that all of the vitamins and nutrients it contains contribute to a better metabolism and favor a beneficial fat absorption. On the other hand, this also means that it can suppress appetite by giving your body the nutrients it’s craving.
- Spiruliuna also has a high protein composition. And, as we all know, a high protein diet is crucial for weight loss and for building muscle mass during exercises.
How to Use It for the Best Results
The first step is to pay a visit to your doctor and see whether you get the green light for spirulina-based diets. Although approved by the FDA, all bodies have different reactions to different things.
Secondly, determine if you want to take the powder or tablet approach. You can mix spirulina powder in a glass of water, in your smoothies, in soups, salads, sauces, homemade energy bars, or pastries. Alternatively, you can take a 500 mg tablet 3-4 times a day. One hour before your meals to get the best of effects.
MAJU’s Spirulina Powder
- California Grown, Non-GMO, & Pesticide Free – We challenge you to do your research. All “organic” Spirulina is not a product of the USA, and undergoes a potentially dangerous irradiation process. Once you try our clean California Spirulina, you’ll never go back.
- Maju’s History – We are passionate about our health. We created Maju a few years back with a simple mission–offer the cleanest and most potent superfoods on the planet at a reasonable price. Chat with us and you will notice that we truly care about what we sell.
- FREE eBook “Mastering Superfoods” Instantly on Purchase – We will send you our top spirulina recipes, as well as a few more just as our way of saying thanks!
- Maju’s 100% Money-Back Guarantee – Try us out for 30 days. Don’t like it? No questions asked, you’ll get a refund.
- Large Half Pound Size – Don’t be fooled by “best sellers.” We not only sell the best California grown spirulina, but we also give you the best deal. Read our reviews for yourself.
Non-GMO Spirulina Powder
- DONT SETTLE FOR LOW QUALITY SPIRULINA – Our quest to find the best Spirulina in the world took us to a remote Spirulina farm in Southeastern California located far from highways, airports and cities where the air is clean and the water is mineral-rich. A closed-loop water and nutrient recycling process is used during production to care for you and the environment. You won’t find a higher quality Spirulina producer in the world (Trust us, we tried).
- NON-GMO, 100% VEGETARIAN, PESTICIDE & HERBICIDE FREE – We were appalled by the prevalence of low quality irradiated organic Spirulina on the market that is sourced from China or India. We take great pride in being able to offer the highest quality Spirulina in the world that is Non-GMO, non-irradiated, microcystin free, gluten free, pesticide & herbicide free, allergen free, sustainably grown, Kosher & Halal certified and 100% vegetarian.
- MORE NUTRITIOUS THAN CHLORELLA – This blue green algae contains the highest concentration of protein of any plant, herb or animal on a gram per gram basis. It contains 15x more beta-carotene than carrots, 1.5x more calcium than milk and more iron than spinach. It also contains more essential amino acids, iron, protein, B vitamins, and vitamins C, D and E than chlorella. Just 2 servings a day equals 7+ servings of common fruits and vegetables in terms of antioxidant content.
- INCREDIBLE HEALTH BENEFITS – Adding our Spirulina powder or tablets to your diet is one of the smartest health choices you can make. As one of the top superfoods in the world, it will provide support to nearly every single organ and bodily function in the body. Some of the benefits include: increase in energy & vitality, immune system support, brain support, promote weight loss & eye health.
Organic Spirulina Powder
- 4 ORGANIC CERTIFICATIONS – WORLDS BEST SPIRULINA: Our organic spirulina meets the rigid organic standards of every major organic & quality certifying body. It is certified organic by USDA, Naturland, OCIA & Ecocert. It is also a USP Verified ingredient, Halal certified, Kosher Certified & California Proposition 65 Approved.
- ONLY 100% VEGAN FARMING PROCESS – NO MARKETING HYPE: The German Naturland organic certification is the most stringent certification in the world. It requires a 100% vegan and sustainable farming process. This means only plant-based ingredients and fertilizers can be used throughout the entire farming process. No other source of Spirulina has eliminated the use of animal or chemical based fertilizers during farming. Don’t buy into marketing hype, the proof is in the certifications.
- 100% VEGETARIAN SUPPLEMENT – 100% CONTAMINATE FREE: Our organic spirulina is Free of Heavy Metals, Yeast, Mold, E. Coli, BMAA, Microcystine, Pheophorbides, Irradiation, Chemical Treatment, GMO’s, Solvents, Binders, Soy & Gelatin.
In conclusion, are the spirulina weight loss effects actually noteworthy? Spirulina by itself doesn’t help you lose weight. But as a supplement to an appropriate diet and exercise routine, it can help you speed up the process.