We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Considered by some to be the most nutritious dense food on the planet, spirulina powder is a package of protein, vitamins, and other essential compounds for your health. It’s a fantastic source of nutrients in the exact dose that you need, but is it also an ally against extra pounds like many believe it to be? This is what we’ll be trying to uncover in the following paragraphs, which detail the benefits of adding a dash of spirulina to your daily diet.
The Benefits of Spirulina Powder
#1 It Has Numerous Nutrients
More specifically, in one tablespoon (7 grams) of spirulina you can find:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): 11% of the RDA.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 15% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 4% of the RDA.
- Copper: 21% of the RDA.
- Iron: 11% of the RDA.
#2 It Has Fantastic Antioxidant Properties
Not just that, but spirulina also works like magic against inflammations. This is possible thanks to a main ingredient called phycocyanin, which is also the compound that gives the powder its distinguishable blue color.
#3 It Can Lower Triglyceride Levels
In other words, it can help in the fight against heart disease, which has been spreading and growing at an alarming rate.
#4 Other Benefits
- Can keep blood sugar levels under control;
- May build up muscle resistance and strength;
- Might be able to help people with anemia;
- Can improve the symptoms of various allergies;
- Has the potential to lower blood pressure.
Spirulina Powder and Weight Loss
So, is spirulina some sort of wonder product for weight loss trials? There’s nothing really wondrous about it. In fact, there’s one main benefit which might really weight into this matter.
Because of its high nutritional concentration, spirulina can help cut down cravings. When you regularly feed your body poor-quality food – aka things that don’t pack nearly enough nutrients and vitamins – this essentially makes you hungry all the time. From then on, the next step is raiding your fridge once every two hours. Taking spirulina supplements can provide your body with the intake of protein, nutrients, and other vitamins that your body needs in order to feel satisfied.
Other than that, only a couple other things are worth noting:
- Being rich in protein, it can make a great supplement during muscle-building exercises.
- Because of its incredibly low calorie level (only two calories per capsule), it’s an opportune way to get your nutrient intake without fearing calories.
Do all of these things make spirulina supplements worth including in your weight loss program? There’s nothing particularly wrong with that, but you definitely can’t sustain an entire regime on spirulina alone. You still need to undergo a normal diet – exercise combo. If you’ve already lost weight and are only seeking to maintain it, spirulina might actually be even better for you.
- California Grown, Non-GMO, & Pesticide Free – We challenge you to do your research. All “organic” Spirulina is not a product of the USA, and undergoes a potentially dangerous irradiation process. Once you try our clean California Spirulina, you’ll never go back.
- Maju’s History – We are passionate about our health. We created Maju a few years back with a simple mission–offer the cleanest and most potent superfoods on the planet at a reasonable price. Chat with us and you will notice that we truly care about what we sell.
- FREE eBook “Mastering Superfoods” Instantly on Purchase – We will send you our top spirulina recipes, as well as a few more just as our way of saying thanks!
- Maju’s 100% Money-Back Guarantee – Try us out for 30 days. Don’t like it? No questions asked, you’ll get a refund.
- Large Half Pound Size – Don’t be fooled by “best sellers.” We not only sell the best California grown spirulina, but we also give you the best deal. Read our reviews for yourself.
- DONT SETTLE FOR LOW QUALITY SPIRULINA – Our quest to find the best Spirulina in the world took us to a remote Spirulina farm in Southeastern California located far from highways, airports and cities where the air is clean and the water is mineral-rich. A closed-loop water and nutrient recycling process is used during production to care for you and the environment. You won’t find a higher quality Spirulina producer in the world (Trust us, we tried).
- NON-GMO, 100% VEGETARIAN, PESTICIDE & HERBICIDE FREE – We were appalled by the prevalence of low quality irradiated organic Spirulina on the market that is sourced from China or India. We take great pride in being able to offer the highest quality Spirulina in the world that is Non-GMO, non-irradiated, microcystin free, gluten free, pesticide & herbicide free, allergen free, sustainably grown, Kosher & Halal certified and 100% vegetarian.
- MORE NUTRITIOUS THAN CHLORELLA – This blue green algae contains the highest concentration of protein of any plant, herb or animal on a gram per gram basis. It contains 15x more beta-carotene than carrots, 1.5x more calcium than milk and more iron than spinach. It also contains more essential amino acids, iron, protein, B vitamins, and vitamins C, D and E than chlorella. Just 2 servings a day equals 7+ servings of common fruits and vegetables in terms of antioxidant content.
- INCREDIBLE HEALTH BENEFITS – Adding our Spirulina powder or tablets to your diet is one of the smartest health choices you can make. As one of the top superfoods in the world, it will provide support to nearly every single organ and bodily function in the body. Some of the benefits include: increase in energy & vitality, immune system support, brain support, promote weight loss & eye health.
- 4 ORGANIC CERTIFICATIONS – WORLDS BEST SPIRULINA: Our organic spirulina meets the rigid organic standards of every major organic & quality certifying body. It is certified organic by USDA, Naturland, OCIA & Ecocert. It is also a USP Verified ingredient, Halal certified, Kosher Certified & California Proposition 65 Approved.
- ONLY 100% VEGAN FARMING PROCESS – NO MARKETING HYPE: The German Naturland organic certification is the most stringent certification in the world. It requires a 100% vegan and sustainable farming process. This means only plant-based ingredients and fertilizers can be used throughout the entire farming process. No other source of Spirulina has eliminated the use of animal or chemical based fertilizers during farming. Don’t buy into marketing hype, the proof is in the certifications.
- 100% VEGETARIAN SUPPLEMENT – 100% CONTAMINATE FREE: Our organic spirulina is Free of Heavy Metals, Yeast, Mold, E. Coli, BMAA, Microcystine, Pheophorbides, Irradiation, Chemical Treatment, GMO’s, Solvents, Binders, Soy & Gelatin.
Spirulina powder is a highly nutritional type of food, so you can only reap benefits from including it in your diet. It’s a quick and virtually calorie-free way of powering up your body with crucial vitamins. However, don’t forget to consult a nutritionist before starting to take supplements.