If you want to improve your appearance, skin rejuvenation is a possible option. It can help you get rid of fine wrinkles, acne scars, and other skin marks. You can choose from non-invasive methods, or you can opt for a cosmetic surgical treatment. Either way, make sure to consult a doctor and become aware of possible side effects. Here are some useful details about skin rejuvenation.
What Is Skin Rejuvenation?
Skin rejuvenation is a cosmetic treatment that restores your look, giving you a more youthful appearance. Both bone structure and aging can cause sagging skin and wrinkles. All these can be removed or corrected with the proper facial treatment.
Our skin eventually shows a different kind of signs such as fine lines, cellulite, and other things. It will lose its firmness and will be less toned.
How Does Skin Rejuvenation Work?
What Conditions Can Be Treated with Skin Rejuvenation Procedures?
- Static wrinkles. These lines are those that are visible all the time, as opposed to expression lines, which show up only when you smile or frown.
- Dynamic wrinkles. As I mentioned above, these are the expression lines which cannot always be observed.
- Scars. Acne signs and other skin injuries can leave scars on your body. Skin rejuvenation procedures can reduce and even eliminate them.
- Pigmentation. This can refer to all kind of things like sun marks, freckles, darker patches, and more.
Non-Invasive Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
- Light therapy. This treatment, especially the one that uses red light can rejuvenate skin due to its cell-awakening properties. It boosts collagen production and removes dead cells.
- Microdermabrasion. This procedure will remove all your dead skin cells, using two types of systems: those that use crystals and the other ones that are crystal-free.
- Chemical peels. This treatment will remove fine wrinkles. However, it might not work on deeper lines and more severe skin issues. Because it uses acid to remove the superficial layer of your skin, it can also cause some serious side effects such as scarring, swelling, and infections.
- Laser resurfacing. The laser works better than chemical peels because it removes all wrinkles, including deeper ones. It also involves anesthesia. Among other risks, there is also the possibility to suffer from acne after you go through this procedure.
Besides all of the above-described solutions, there are also other possibilities such as dermal filler injections, and even facelifts surgeries. You can choose the one that suits your needs and makes you feel comfortable. Discuss it with your doctor first. This way, you will avoid a lot of potential risks and complications.
Wrapping It Up
There are plenty of skin rejuvenation treatments, both surgical and non-invasive ones. You must develop a strong relationship with your cosmetic surgeon because he/she will tell you exactly what treatment you should use to get rid of aging signs and regain a more toned skin. This relationship will not end after you have done the procedure. You will probably have to come back to his/her office for further maintenance appointments.
Image source: 1