Most people suffer from acne during their adolescence. However, some of you might deal with this skin issue even in your adulthood. A good alternative you might try is dermal treatment, using skin fillers for acne scars. Keep reading to discover more about this topic, including its benefits as well as dangers and side effects.
How Do Skin Fillers for Acne Scars Work?
Skin fillers have plenty of uses such as offering volume, smoothing skin, augmenting cheeks, and more. One of the best effects of this method is treating acne scars. As I previously mentioned, dermal fillers contain naturally-derived or synthetic ingredients. These elements are injected into your skin with the purpose of reducing and even eliminating acne scars. The effects can last up to five years or even more, depending on what type of fillers the doctor will use. When it comes to acne scars removal, results can last a lifetime. There are also plenty of myths out there about dermal fillers you should be aware of.
Pros and Cons of Skin Fillers for Acne Scars
Dermal Fillers Advantages
- Instant results. Restylane is contained by dermal fillers. It is an element derived from hyaluronic acid, and it acts like your natural acid produced by your body. This is why it reduces facial problems almost immediately. You will probably have to attend several appointments before eliminating your problem.
- Increased self-esteem. Getting rid of your skin marks will make you feel better about the way you look. This will boost your self-confidence, which will be observed by others. Bottom line, it can change your whole life for the better.
- No recovery time. One of the main benefits of skin fillers for acne scars is that they don’t require a recovery period. The entire procedure doesn’t take longer than ten minutes. This period also depends on how big is the area that needs to be fixed. Patients can go back to their normal daily habits right after the procedure. If your skin gets a little red, you can stay home for a couple of hours or one full day at most.
- No severe side effects. Unlike other cosmetic procedures, dermal fillers don’t have a lot of risks or dangers. The usual small problems are redness and swelling, but these pass in just a couple of hours. You can find out more about skin fillers disadvantages below.
- Pain-free treatment. During these procedures, you will not feel a thing.
Dermal Fillers Disadvantages
- Redness and swelling. As I stated above, these are common side effects, but they are not dangerous for your health nor permanent damages. It will pass in just a couple of hours.
- The risks of not seeing results. In some cases, these procedures don’t work. This depends a lot on how your body reacts to the treatment.
- Increased expenses. Most patients will need to attend several appointments before actually seeing results. Also, you might need to have follow-up treatments, at least two times per year. This will seriously increase the amount of money spent on these procedures.
Skin fillers for acne scars’ effectiveness may vary depending on what type of skin you have as well as on what kind of injections you will use. In any case, there will be some risks you will just have to accept. If, after the treatment, your skin only gets red, don’t panic; this is a normal and minor side effect. If it makes you feel more confident, you should try these procedures, but not before asking for a doctor’s opinion.
Image source: 1