We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Choosing the right shampoo for your hair and scalp can be confusing. There are so many options and functions. Some of them moisturize your hair; others create more volume. You can find just about anything, from products for curly hair to brands that are created to make your scalp smoother. To make an informed purchase, you need to know your hair and scalp type. Let’s see how you can choose the correct shampoo for oily hair, and which are the best options to consider.
Tips for Choosing Shampoo for Oily Hair
- Avoid all shampoos that hydrate and moisturize your hair. Also, don’t buy those that are good for curly hair. These types of shampoo will only increase your sebum and therefore your hair will become greasier.
- Choose those labels that specify the following information: balancing, strengthening, volumizing. All these shampoos remove the excess oil from your scalp. They moisturize less, being more effective for your type of hair.
- A clarifying shampoo has a great positive impact on your scalp. If used correctly, this product fights against sebum production. However, make sure not to overdo it, because it might get your hair too dry. Extremes are not good. If your scalp gets too dry, it might increase its sebum production.
- If your problem is quite severe, you can even choose a super clarifying treatment. You should only choose this solution if your sebum production is out of control.
- Spend some minutes to shampoo your hair properly. Gently massage the entire scalp without rubbing it too hard. Then, make sure to rinse very well. Besides a good shampoo for oily hair, you should also use warm or cold water instead of hot.
- Don’t apply conditioner on your scalp. Try to maintain it at your hair’s ends.
3 Suggestions of Shampoo for Oily Hair
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo
This is a high-quality and affordable shampoo for oily hair. You will be able to take it with you everywhere you travel because it comes in a small package. You will only have to apply it on your hair once a week. It has great results that last a long time. It removes up to 90% of your scalp’s residues. Also, it is a mild formula that doesn’t irritate your skin.
Apivita Balancing Shampoo
Apivita is a great shampoo for oily hair, being full of natural ingredients such as propolis, peppermint, nettle, thyme, and even natural Lipoamino acid. The last one reduces sebum production in an effective and quick way. It is a great shampoo if you want to not only get rid of oily hair but also straighten those locks.
L’Oréal Pure Resource Purifying Shampoo
It is not only effective, but it smells delicious. You will only need one wash to gain a healthier hair and a better look. Its results last up to four days. You won’t need to carry dry shampoo in your purse every again. Your locks will become softer, cleaner, and non-oily. Even though it is more expensive than the other brands, this shampoo comes in bigger bottles.
No one wants to have greasy unpleasant-looking hair. This is why you need to know exactly which shampoo for oily hair you should purchase. Even though it can be hard to find the proper product, taking enough time to get informed and make wiser decisions will save your hair from becoming greasy and full of residues. Try our suggestions and see which one works best for you.
Image source: 1