Having lush, thick, curly hair is a dream came true for many women. Unless this particular hair is extremely coarse and dry. In this case, you will do anything and try anything to tame it. My coarse curly hair looks bad on a regular basis, no matter how much I tried to style it, smooth it, cut it, treat it, and so on. To add injury to insult, so to speak, I sometimes used curling irons and keratin treatments to straighten it up. After careful consideration and a thorough Internet research, I decided to try the best sulfate free shampoo I could get my hands on. Moreover, scouring through hundreds of reviews, I finally stopped at the PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set. Now let me tell you a few things about this product…
Things to Consider before Buying the PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set
In case you don’t know, coarse, dry, curly hair has a personality of its own. I tried plenty of shampoos and conditioners before, together with plenty of tricks to get silky hair out of coarse curls. Some things worked better than others but trust me, if you have to wake up at 4 a.m. to be the face of the company in a time of crisis, there is nothing you can do about the alien form of life spread around your head.
As you can figure out, the years spent to make my hair look right took their toll. At some point in life, when you up your ante in your public speaking career, you learn that the way you look can make or break a deal. If you were just promotes as multi-national corporate PR executive, your looks matter no matter what everyone else is saying. Therefore, attending a press conference with a jungle on top of my head was not an option anymore.
To keep things short, I tried the PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set for a month. My hair is naturally dry, with the natural tendency towards flakes and dandruff, itchy scalp, rebel curls (which are less romantic and feminine as they sound), dry skin, and a slight vulnerability to contact dermatitis. Therefore, I wanted a mild shampoo, made with organic ingredients, totally sulfate-free, and safe for my skin. I washed and conditioned mu hair three times a week. I do color my hair with temporary washable dyes, not traditional dyes.
One of the first things I noticed after the first few weeks was that my scalp was feeling much better. Less itchiness, a soothing feeling of cleanness, less flakes or dandruff, and shinier curls. It took a time to get silky, manageable, balanced, smooth, and healthy-looking hair.
Therefore, before buying the PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set, you should consider the following things:
- Possible side effects: This product is organic and contains few chemicals you find in classic shampoos. If you consider dimethicone to be foe not friend, you can try an alternative to this shampoo and conditioner set. Dimethicone is an FDA approved silicone found in almost all hair and cosmetic products, but you may be sensitive to it. I am, for instance, but the side effect is a mild discomfort (although dimethicone should annul any contact dermatitis symptoms). People with dry skin should make a skin test before using this product. I did, I found the discomfort was something negligible, and I kept using the product.
- Patience: I suppose it all depends on how dry or damaged your hair is. While mine took its fair share of abuse, its main problem was the coarse and dry texture and its incapacity to keep any styling. If you want clean scalp, shiny hair, itchiness relief and stronger protection and repair for dye or keratin treatments, this shampoo may work faster in your case than mine. While I appreciated all these effects, it took me more than a month to consider my hair looked smooth, silky, and manageable.
- Scent: For me, this shampoo and conditioner has a light, vague scent, which was nice because I do not like strong fragrances and I am sensitive to anything smelling chemical or medicinal. If you want stronger scents, I recommend you look for alternatives to this product. However, I personally find that smelling like perfume and not shampoo opens more doors.
- Type of hair: This shampoo promises it works for all types of hair. While it did many good things to my dry, coarse, and damaged curly hair, you may want to pay attention to your own type of hair.
- Instructions: If you expect sulfate free shampoos to foam and lather exactly like classic ones, do not, as you will be disappointed. I personally recommend you comb your hair (if you can, I don’t) before you use the shampoo and conditioner so you avoid tangling.
Who Should Buy This Shampoo
Sulfate free shampoos contain organic ingredients and make good choices for those who want a safer, healthier approach to hair care. I wanted something to make my hair look normal and easier to style.
When your hair is thick and curly, but your skin is dry and flaky, you need to mix and match plenty of products to make things work in your favor.
You should also buy this shampoo and conditioner if you follow a hair botox treatment and you want natural hair and scalp protection and nourishment, given that all its ingredients are organic and sulfate free. The dimethicone in the product moisturizes the skin and it works well. While I do get tingles from any cosmetic product containing dimethicone, I got used to it. People do not usually feel anything related to this ingredient, so you should be fine.
Women with colored hair, highlights, bleached strands, hair extensions, and harsh hairstyles should try this shampoo as well. I found that the argan oil in this shampoo prevents color fading.
People who want to prevent stress-induced or UV hair damage should also consider this shampoo and conditioner. I will highlight some of this shampoo’s benefits later on, but I was pleasantly impressed with its end-results.
Who Should Not Buy This Shampoo
You should look for a stronger scent if you like to be aware of how your hair smells. If you have extremely sensitive skin, contact dermatitis or other medical conditions related to skin and hair, you should first check with your dermatologist. There are other organic sulfate free shampoos out there free of silicones.
PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set
This PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set comes with antioxidants, vitamins, organic argan oil, keratin, and cleansing agents.
The hydrolyzed wheat protein, coconut oil derivate products, unsaturated essential fatty acids and vitamin E work together to hydrate and restore hair and skin moisture levels, while providing the proper nourishment that damaged hair needs.
What impressed me was the conditioner. The Deep Hydra Nourishing formula the product boasts offered my hair a nice structure, leaving it soft and manageable, producing visible shine and life. It helped me tame my coarse curly hair, leaving it silky smooth. It also managed to soften and aid in curl definition, making my hair easier to style. I found that my hair also got stronger, thicker and younger looking.
The PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set might definitely help you if you want to repair rebel hair that is dry, coarse, and prone to dandruff. Moreover, it may be a good choice for people wanting a soothing, calming shampoo that restores hair that has been damaged by irons, keratin treatments, dye, styling, sun exposure, and stress.
You will get less foam and lather by using this shampoo, just as you get with all sulfate free shampoos, so you need to soak your hair well before using to get some effects.
- Effective on coarse hair
- It repairs damaged hair
- Lower levels of lathering
- You may experience side effects
- Not 100% organic
Features and Benefits
I chose the PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set because of its formula and the promise it would smooth my coarse curly hair and boost its health. The shampoo contains other important ingredients that make your hair regain its vitality and strength, even if you damaged it chemically.
- The shampoo is rich in Vitamin E (argan oil), which is good, because it allows hair and skin nourishment, elasticity, control, and shine. For me, the results became visible in a little over a month. Other results, like dandruff control, showed earlier.
- The shampoo and conditioner make the hair easier to style. Since this was my main goal, I am pleased with the results so far. I can better tame my curls and give my hair a sense of order and style.
- The shampoo offers multiple hair benefits, besides solving my coarse hair issues: it keeps it safe from UV rays, pollution and other environmental factors. Stress is something I learned to live with, together with disorganized eating and sleeping habits. I found my hair became quite resilient to this unhealthy lifestyle.
- Besides the argan oil (present in almost all sulfate free shampoos), this one also contains coconut oil and coconut oil derivate products and comes with a boost of keratin. In other words, it is safe for dye-treated hair, keratin-treated hair, and hair that was exposed to pollution and UV rays.
- The shampoo’s formula is beneficial for dyed hair. Even if I only use temporary washable hair colors from time to time, I found that the shampoo and conditioner protect the color. The color-fade formula works pretty well, prolonging the life, tint, shine, and richness of the color.
- The PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set works well for many types of hair. While I abhor animal testing, I have no problems with human testing! Joke aside, my stepsister came visiting and she used the shampoo and conditioner for the week she stayed with me. She has straight, long, thin, Disney princess gorgeous hair, but she experiments with it a lot (plenty of bleaching and highlights). She said she felt amazing and that her hair never looked better. I guess it works on all types of hair.
Alternatives to the PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set
In case you are looking for similar products to better suite your needs, I came up with a list of good alternatives you might want to try.
- Bingo Natural Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set
Many women and men prefer this sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. One of the differences between this and PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set is that the former shows better results for people with severely damaged hair.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People with dye-damaged, frail, falling hair.
PureNature Set vs. Bingo Set Comparison
- Both are sulfate free;
- Both encourage damaged hair repair;
- Bingo is also parabens and silicones free;
- Bingo has a more organic formula;
- Bingo leaves a more powerful scent.
If you want an alternative to PureNature, check out the Bingo Natural Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set to make the choice that suits you best!
- ArtNaturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set
Another best sulfate free shampoo + conditioner set, according to reviewers, is Art Naturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set – said to work for both men and women.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People with severely damaged hair, which is also dry, curly, and hard to style.
PureNature Set vs. Art Naturals Set Comparison
- Both are sulfate free;
- Both encourage hair repair, thickening and regrowth;
- PureNature is more affordable;
- PureNature is recommended by professional hairstylists;
- ArtNaturals comes with more vitamins and minerals.
If you want an alternative to the PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set, check out the Art Naturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Set to get the results you want for your hair type, style, and problems!
- LuxeOrganix Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner
LuxeOrganix is another excellent option in the sulfate free shampoo products area – especially if irons, dyes, keratin, and other substances chemically damages your hair.
Who Should Use this Shampoo
People who have very dry hair that is prone to falling or looking bad due to years of exposure to chemicals and styling products or tools.
PureNature vs. LuxeOrganix Set Comparison
- Both are sulfate free shampoo products;
- PureNature comes with recommendations from professional hairstylists;
- PureNature is more affordable;
- PureNature works better for extremely coarse hair;
- LuxeOrganix is 100% organic.
If you feel you want to invest money in long-term care for damaged, falling, brittle, dry, and unhealthy hair, then you should check out the LuxeOrganix Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner as well!
One might argue that my mind, my passion, and my skills should matter when it comes to climbing the career ladder – and definitely not my looks. While I agree with you, I am still uncomfortable in front of a camera if I know I do not look perfect. And with raging curly coarse hair that acts on its own, numerous of my appearances were far from perfect. It is not a pleasant situation (to put it mildly) when the press talks more about your hairdo than the message you sent.
I found that the PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set was a good choice overall. My scalp felt smooth and clean and I had no dandruff to worry about anymore. What was more important was that my coarse mane became more manageable. The curls got good definition and they became smoother, shinier, easier to shape and style. My stubborn hair is finally getting on its right path.
I found that the shampoo and conditioner work well with straight thin hair as well. My sister was impressed with the texture, volume, and shine of her long colorful locks. And speaking about colors, I also found that my temporary color (a shade or two darker than my natural color) stayed better and longer on my hair as well.
Is this the absolute best sulfate free shampoo out there? You should decide for yourself. I will certainly try the aforementioned alternatives to see how fully organic sulfate free shampoos behave in the presence of my skin and hair. However, if you want to embrace a more natural approach to hair care and alleviate some damages, you can try the PureNature Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo and Conditioner Set!
External References & Citations
- chevron-circle-right Amazon best sulfate free shampoo choices according to customer reviews
- chevron-circle-rightBest Sulfate Free Shampoos and Why To Use Them
- chevron-circle-rightMaple Holistic Sulfate Free Argan Oil Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightBingo Sulfate Free Shampoo + Conditioner Review
- chevron-circle-rightArt Naturals Sulfate Free Shampoo+ Conditioner Review
- chevron-circle-rightPure Nature Sulfate Free Shampoo+ Conditioner Review
- chevron-circle-rightLuxeOrganix Argan Oil SLS Free Shampoo + Conditioner Review
- chevron-circle-rightBaebody Moroccan Argan Oil Sulfate Free Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-right 1790 Best Daily Natural Sulfate Free Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightBOLDIFY Hair Thickening Shampoo with Biotin Review
- chevron-circle-rightOm Botanical Sulfate Free Unisex Shampoo Review
- chevron-circle-rightHoneydew Sulfate Free Hair Growth Shampoo