People with dry skin have to stick together and find products to keep them safe during winter. While I personally do not experience severe dermatological problems caused by dry and sensitive skin, I do suffer from the inherent lack of moisture and dehydration I experience in the cold season. I will begin by saying that I do have plenty of face creams and lotions to keep my face safe, but this year I also wanted something for my entire body. A body wash was the most logical step.
My family members also have dry skin to some extent and given the fact that the holidays were approaching, I thought I would surprise them all by adding to their gift baskets some of the best winter skin care products I could find. Of course, I began my research on the Internet, and I eventually stumbled upon the Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash coming in a 4 bottles pack. The idea was just great, as I could offer a bottle to my sister and mother, while keeping the other two for my husband, my teenage daughter, and myself.
I bought this product knowing that Olay is a reputable brand in skin care and cosmetics. Once the package arrived, I began using it. After two weeks of endless self-pampering, I want to share my opinion about this product.
Things to Consider before Buying the Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash
Dry skin needs constant care all year long. I do use plenty of creams and serums for my face. On the other hand, you know how terrible one can feel during winter. Your skin feels rough, sometimes painful. Depending how cold it is, the skin on your hands cracks. You need something to cover you in moisture and nutrients and help look and feel like a person. The Olay body wash proved to be everything I had hoped for. My husband and daughter also love the body wash, so I think I made the right call for my entire family. I am convinced that my mother and sister will be pleased as well.
Before you jump at the opportunity to buy this product, however, make sure you consider these following things:
- Possible side effects: You should always read the label before buying any skin care product. No member of my family experienced any skin reaction, but if you know you are allergic to some of the ingredients, I recommend you opt for an organic product instead.
- Efficiency: I have loved this body wash the second I stepped in the shower together with it. It cleanses your skin profoundly, but it also hydrates and moisturizes it. If you have some dry patches on your body, feet, or legs, they will simply fade away. You will also feel your skin smooth, soft (but not at all greasy), protected and pampered. One of the things I loved most about this product was that the effects lasted for days, cumulating. In two weeks of daily use, my skin became softer, smoother, and more elastic, with no signs of dryness, sores, or winter itch effects.
- Type of skin: The product’s label says this body wash is suitable for all types of skin, but women with dry skin benefit it the most. My husband and my daughter also have dry skin to a certain extent and they were extremely happy with the product. This body wash is definitely not women-only.
- Multiple purposes and benefits: Since this is a full body wash, I enjoyed the great effects of the product from head to toe. No more cracked heels and hands’ skin, great looking, healthy, radiant face, no more dry patches on my body. It is amazing what a body wash can do. My husband noticed his shaving routine also became easier, as his face and neck get less post-saving irritations.
- Scent: This body wash smells like Christmas in paradise and we all love it. The scent is not pungent, but you will feel wrapped in what nature has best to offer.
- Make-up: There is no problem in using makeup (foundation for instance) after washing your face with this product.
- Expiration date: Never put on your face, hands, or body a product that went past its expiration date, no matter how natural or dermatologically safe it is.
Who Should Buy This Winter Skin Care Product
People with all skin types who want good hydration and skin moisturizing all year long, but especially proper winter care. People who do not experience dermatological problems or severe winter-itch effects and simply need something to enjoy every day.
Who Should Not Buy This Winter Skin Care Product
People who need more than a body wash in their winter skin care routine. People who need specific oils, lotions, and medicated creams to alleviate severely dry skin negative effects.
Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash
After two weeks of daily use of the Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash, my review of this product is highly positive. This product delivered everything of its promise of keeping my body hydrated, nourished, soft, smooth, and protected. I mostly appreciated the Lock-in-Moisture technology, which infuses moisture 10 layers deep into surface skin without leaving a coated feel. It also makes your skin look younger and more radiant with each use. But let me tell you the things I appreciated the most about this product, mentioning a few cons in the process.
- Excellent for dry skin and continuous skin care
- Extra ingredients and technologies for skin care and beauty
- Great for the entire family
- Questionable scent
- Odd texture
- The effects may vary depending on your skin type
Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash Features and Benefits
I started using this product daily, once or twice a day. My daughter and husband also use it now on a regular basis. This Olay body wash has become our primary family body wash and I cannot wait to learn how my mom and sister will feel after using it as well. I think the following features and benefits of this product will please you as they pleased us.
- Great for dry, sensitive skin. As I said, after a few uses, you will feel your skin soft, elastic, moist, and healthy. No more winter itch, redness, discomfort, cracks, or dry patches. My husband also enjoys a less painful, problematic shaving as well. This nourishing body wash delivers long-lasting moisture to help treat dryness at the source.
- Great cosmetic effects. Besides being a great moisturizer, the body wash also has nice cosmetic effects. It cleanses deeply and leaves your skin looking younger and refreshed.
- Clinically proven to improve your skin 10 layers deep, renewing your skin with moisture for up to 24 hours with continued use.
- Advanced formula with triple-action cleansers replaces more moisture than the shower takes away to purify, nourish and renew skin.
- Perfect for all year skin care. I chose to buy this product for winter skin protection, but I will use it all year long.
- The texture is great and the body wash foams and lathers spectacularly.
- The scent is amazing.
- It comes in a pack of four bottles, which makes it a great investment if you want to offer nice gifts to your loved ones.
Alternatives to the Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash
As I said, when you look for the best skin care products online, you are open to an entire world of possibilities. This is how I learned about other similar products for winter. I will present them to you here in short, so you can make the best choice for you and your skin.
This is a full-body wash made by Dove in a limited winter care edition.
Who Should Use this Winter Product
People with winter dry skin and skin problems who want a winter body wash coming with the Dove label.
Dove Body Wash vs. Olay Body Wash Comparison
- Both work for dry skin;
- Both can be used all year long;
- Olay smells better;
- Olay comes with an excellent 4 bottles offer at almost the same price of 1 Dove bottle;
- Not everybody likes the Dove scent.
If you want an alternative to this body wash, you can also try the Dove Winter Care Body Wash. It comes from a reputable brand in the skin care products market. It’s also like Dove’s product and if you are a fan of the brand, you should try it as well.
This is a balm for hands, face and body, coming with Shea Butter, glycerin and vitamin B 5. While it is not a body wash, I think it deserves a place on this list. It comes with a reputable dermatological brand name and it makes a great solution for people who suffer extreme winter itch.
Who Should Use this Winter Balm
People who have very dry and sensitive skin that suffers a lot in winter; people who also have dermatological problems; people who want a multi-purpose cream, which is family friendly.
Cicaplast Balm vs. Olay Body Wash Comparison
- Cicaplast is a treatment, not a self-pampering product;
- Cicaplast also comes with pediatric control and dermatological testing;
- Cicaplast is fragrance-free, paraben-free and suitable for sensitive skin;
- Cicaplast is a La Roche-Posay product;
- Cicaplast comes in a very, very tiny container.
This is an amazing alternative for all people to treat dermatological problems and keep their faces, hands, and bodies healthy all winter long. Cicaplast comes with a wide range of dermatological benefits for men, women, and children. It’s only problem is that it comes in a very small tube. However, if you want great skin care for the entire family – coming from a renowned brand – then the La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Multi-Purpose Balm should be on your wish list.
This is a very interesting product and I think it too should be on this list. It contains plenty of natural ingredients and people say it works amazing for sensitive, dry, cracked skin. It is a full-body balm, recommended in the treatment of many dermatological problems.
Who Should Use this Winter Balm
People who want good winter skin care with the help of a product containing natural/organic ingredients and added vitamins, essential oils, and herbal extracts.
Oleavine Balm vs. Olay Body Wash Comparison
- Oleavine comes with added Omegas 3, 6, 7 & 9, Aloe Vera & natural Vitamin E;
- Oleavine helps with the treatment of athlete’s foot and ringworm;
- Oleavine helps soften calluses, dry, cracked, itchy, irritated skin on your body;
- Oleavine may cause side-effects and does not come with dermatologists’ recommendation;
- Oleavine is thus a treatment and not a cosmetic product.
Oleavine is a full-body balm that may help alleviate and treat fungi and bacteria responsible for foot odor, athlete’s foot, nail fungus, yeast, and other common foot and skin irritations. It also contains Omegas 3, 6, 7 and 9. It comes with added natural Vitamin E to help reduce the occurrence of redness, scaling, or eczema. If you want more than a body wash but a veritable winter skin treatment, then you should try the Oleavine TheraTree Therapeutic Tea Tree Oil Balm as well!
I gave the Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash 5 stars out of five. I was looking for a family-friendly body wash and something to gift to my family members who also have dry skin, and I hit the jackpot with this Olay pack. One of the things I liked the most about it was that this is indeed mild with all skins. The smooth bubbly foam cleanses your skin deeply. It nourishes, it hydrates, it moisturizes, and it builds upon its previous results. This is why I said the product had some cosmetic effects: makes your skin more radiant, more elastic, and younger looking.
The body wash is also amazing for teenage girls and husbands with sensitive skin who suffer from shaving on a regular basis. I think it will work great on my mom’s mature skin as well.
I felt pampered while using this product, protected, and ready to face winter with no problems. I loved the smell, the texture, and the way my body felt and looked after each use.
In conclusion, if you want great, healthy body skin all year long, with amazing beauty benefits, you should try the Olay Ultra Moisture Shea Butter Body Wash! If you have dry skin that needs pampering, then you should clearly try this body wash. My family loves it and I am sure you will too.
- chevron-circle-right See the best winter skin care products according to Amazon reviews
- chevron-circle-rightNatural Beauty Limited Oxygen Skincare Young Skin Starter Set Review
- chevron-circle-rightVanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream Review
- chevron-circle-rightOlay Body Ultra Moisture Body Wash Review
- chevron-circle-rightDove Body Wash Winter Care Review
- chevron-circle-rightCeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion Review
- chevron-circle-rightCicaplast Multi-Purpose Balm Cream Review
- chevron-circle-rightOleavine Therapeutic Balm Review
- chevron-circle-rightHoneyskin Organics Organic Moisturizer Cream Review
- chevron-circle-right Good on Ya Manuka Honey Face Moisturizer Review
- chevron-circle-rightSheaMoisture African Black Soap Facial Care Kit Review