We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nose plastic surgery, also known as rhinoplasty, is a cosmetic medical procedure that reshapes your nose. Most people choose to do a nose job because they want to look better and have more beautiful facial features. However, some persons suffer from breathing problems, which can also require a nose intervention. Below, you can find useful information about this procedure as well as its cost.
Why Should You Consider a Nose Plastic Surgery?
- Nose plastic surgery can be a choice when you are unhappy with the way you look. Being frustrated about your appearance can cause you a lot of emotional problems.
- When you have breathing issues because your nose has irregularities, you should definitely consider this procedure.
- Nasal humps can be removed or reshaped with cosmetic surgery.
Nose Plastic Surgery Pros and Cons
- Your nose will have better proportions that match the rest of your features.
- It will restore your face’s natural harmony.
- Everything about your nose, from its shape to its size, will be improved.
- Structural issues that lead to nasal congestion will be corrected.
- Your self-confidence and self-esteem will be boosted.
- Sometimes, patients’ skin can present scars, especially at the base part of your nose.
- After the surgery, your skin gets thinner, which can cause breakage.
- People with thicker skin face more challenges when they want to correct their nose.
- Nose plastic surgery allows doctors to make limited corrections. Don’t expect miracles.
- Rhinoplasty won’t change too much your overall look. Sometimes, follow-up surgeries are needed because your cartilages can return to their initial shape.
How Much Is a Nose Plastic Surgery?
There are no standard costs for such a surgery. They depend on which doctor you choose and how severe your problem is. The overall price of a nose job can range from 3,000 dollars to 15,000 dollars. This includes only the main procedure, without additional fees such as medical tests, anesthesia, prescriptions, and others. If you think that your medical insurance will cover these costs, forget it. After all, it is an elective surgery. In other words, it is 100% your choice to do it, without being a health necessity.
What Should You Expect from a Nose Plastic Surgery?
- After anesthesia, the doctor gains access to your cartilage and bones through small incisions. Then, he/she will add or remove these structure elements until your nose gets a better shape. Your skin will then be remodeled to match your new nose structure.
- Nose plastic surgery can be done in two ways. The surgeon will either open your skin, or he/she will choose to work internally. The second one is also called the endonasal approach.
- Scars can be bigger when you choose the opened rhinoplasty because the incisions are made on the outside of your nose. On the other hand, this procedure offers a better view of your nose problems, and the doctor can easily make changes.
- You should drink a lot of water. Hydration is a crucial aspect, and it is important to follow this recommendation before and after the procedure.
- The recovery process can take up to a year. However, minor swellings won’t be noticed by others.
A nose plastic surgery offers you permanent results. If the procedure is done correctly, you will never have breathing or self-esteem issues again. For your safety, develop a strong relationship with your surgeon. This way, you will be able to contact him/her every time you notice changes in the way your nose feels or looks. If you follow an experienced doctor’s advice, you will reduce a lot of risks.
Image source: 1