It can be really difficult to deal with stress and anxiety. It just builds up and even if you’re really good at managing it all emotionally, it can have a huge physical toll. That can cause a lot of tightness in your neck and shoulders especially.
Working on this list of the 10 Best Back Massagers of 2018 made me think how nice it would be to have a back massager at your disposal! If you are looking for a great back massager, you may want to give the Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager a try!
Things to Consider When Trying Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
This sounds perfect for what I need, just because it mainly targets your neck and back. But since I’m already doing the research, I want to cover all the details. Hopefully, that will help me narrow down my search and help you with yours! As much as massages are good for helping relieve stress and tension, there are other uses as well. So no matter what you need this for, I just want to give you all the info you need to determine whether this is the right product for you.
- Convenience: This is another super convenient product. It can be used pretty much anywhere. It comes with both a wall cord and a car adapter. They don’t actually charge the device, it must be plugged in. But it cuts out having to buy or replace batteries. That makes it super easy to travel with! It would be perfect for long car rides. I once took a 12 hour trip to Indiana and this would have been such a blessing on my poor back!
- Intensity: There are 3 speeds which let you personalize the massage to your needs. This is perfect if you do have pain or a lot of tension. You can start on the low setting and work your way up to high as you get comfortable with it. Some find the 3D rotating nodes to be too much. But they are supposed to feel the most like a real Shiatsu massage. They really give you that deep tissue massage!
- Focus Area: So, it’s advertised for your neck and back, but in all reality you can use this wherever you want. It is shaped well for your neck and back, similar to those neck pillows. But if you have sore feet, you can just lay it down and prop your feet on it. It’s the perfect shape for a back massage too or even a leg massage! So I would really consider this good for a full body massage. Just leave it in place for about fifteen minutes for a good massage before moving on!
- Uses: I would really like to get this, or something like it, to relieve tension that comes with stress. I’m not stressed all the time, so I’ve never really thought about getting massages before. But I do think it would be a great thing to have around. Everyone has those days, or weeks! But it can actually be good for so much more. It’s therapeutic for people with anxiety because it is so relaxing. It has a heat feature that can warm up your muscles and ligaments as it massages, which will help improve circulation.
- Drawbacks: There are some really minor setbacks with this massager. They didn’t really make a big difference with how most customers saw the product, but it’s always good to point them out just in case. For some customers, the heat didn’t work at all or it wasn’t enough to make a difference for them. It isn’t adjustable so they felt a bit limited. Another thing was the fact that you couldn’t press down on the device either. If you put too much strain on the motor it wouldn’t work well. That can make using it on your back difficult because leaning back will put too much pressure on the motor.
Who Should Buy This Product
I would recommend this for anyone with a lot of neck and shoulder tension. Especially if you’re stressed or have a lot of anxiety. According to some customers, this will work out tension you’ve had for years! It is also perfect for anyone who works out a lot. It makes it really easy to work out muscle spasms, cramps, or just soreness in general. The best way to help with the soreness is to be consistent in your workout routine, but this can help along the way. I also would recommend this to people with bad circulation. That can be a tough thing to deal with. But by using this, you can improve your circulation. It will help improve blood flow, naturally lower blood pressure, and improve body function over time.
No products found.
Who Shouldn’t Buy This Product
I wouldn’t recommend this for people who don’t enjoy kneading massages. If you’re partial to vibrating massages because they are gentler, you won’t enjoy the Naipo Shiatsu Massager. It has 8 deep kneading Shiatsu massage nodes that give you a really firm massage. It isn’t painful at all. A lot of people enjoy a deep tissue massage that really works on that tension. But if you already have chronic pain of any sort, this could agitate it. That will just make things worse! I would always recommend consulting a doctor if you’re unsure whether this could be harmful to you. Especially if you’ve ever had any neck or back injuries in the past. This shouldn’t really cause any damage, but it’s better safe than sorry.
Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager
The Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager is a kneading massage. It has 8 massaging nodes moving in 3D rotation. The heat function helps promote blood circulation for extra relief and better body function. It is made with fake leather which makes it soft and comfortable, with straps for your arms, so you can pull it close around your neck. It comes with both a wall cord and a car adapter. It works only when plugged in, which means you cannot recharge and use it unplugged. It may sound inconvenient, but it cuts out any need to replace batteries which makes it super affordable in the long run.
The Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager is made in a shape that makes it very easy to use on your neck and shoulder, but with some positioning on your part, you can make this work for a full body massage. There is an automatic shut off function that will ensure that your device will shut off after 15 minutes. That is about how long you’re supposed to use it in one area anyways. So when it shuts off you know it’s the perfect time to reposition and use it on a different area of your body. It comes in a dust proof bag to help keep it clean and stored properly. You can purchase a 2 or 3 year protection plan as insurance in case you get a faulty device. It’s definitely worth the extra cost if you know you’ll be using it often and want to make sure it lasts.
- 8 Shiatsu kneading massage nodes
- Improves circulation
- Relieves tension
- Has three speeds and a heat function
- Too much pressure can strain the motor
- Heat only has one setting
- Shorter power cord
- Arm straps are not adjustable
Features and Benefits
As usual, I want to make sure I give you all the details. To do it properly, I wanted to break them down one by one. This will make it really easy to compare to other items on your list. When it comes to something that’s meant for comfort and relief, you want to make sure you get this right thing. So hopefully this will be helpful for you!
This massager has 8 massaging nodes that move in 3D rotation for a realistic Shiatsu massage. They dig in but not in an uncomfortable way. Just to give you a firm massage.
There are 3 speeds to choose from. I think this is perfect if you have a lot of stiffness or tension. If massages are painful, but ultimately the only thing that’s going to help, you can use this on a low setting to help loosen yourself up.
There is an optional heat function if you choose to use it. This will help improve circulation as you get your massage. It can also help soothe pain and discomfort. It is not a very hot function. It is warm more than anything, but you really don’t need it to be very hot to offer extra relief.
It is made with an ergonomic U-shape design, which is why it is a fantastic neck massager. It’s so similar to those neck pillows! It will help to really get in there and offer the relief you’re looking for.
- You can use this for a full body massage! It will take some positioning on your part, but it will certainly be worth it. I think that it would really come in handy if I have sore muscles after a workout.
- It is made with soft fake leather and a breathable mesh material. That will make it very easy to use anywhere on your body. It’s so soft and flexible, so it will be very easy to reposition anywhere you like!
- You can use this at home or in the car on the go. It comes with two different power cords, one for your wall chargers and the other for the car. That makes things so convenient. If you’re always on the move, using this in the car on your way from place to place would be a wonderful way to relax!
- There is an automatic shut off after 15 minutes. This will not only make it safer, but it is also about how long you need to massage an area of your body.
- By using this on a regular basis, you can improve the mobility in your neck and body. It will loosen up the muscles in the area you use it on. So consistent use will bring back normal mobility and help it stay that way.
- It comes with a dust proof bag that will help you keep it stored properly. It will keep dirt and dust off so you won’t need to figure out how to clean it!
- In case you have any worries or bad experiences with things like this not working, you can purchase a 2 or 3 year protection plan. That will be great back up in case this doesn’t last for you in the long run. I know that with a lot of mechanical devices you get a faulty one. It might seem fine at first…but break just in time for your return window to close. This is a great backup!
No products found.
I know that every product that we review can’t always be exactly what you were looking for. We aren’t trying to talk you into something that isn’t right for you. But luckily, we have 10 different massagers on our list and hopefully one of them will be something that will help you! So you can always check out all our reviews. But in the meantime, here are three alternatives you might be interested in!
Massage Roller Ball Flat LED Manual Back Roller
This is a wonderful tool you can use on yourself! You can give yourself a massage easily by just holding onto this and rolling it along the affected area. This looks basically like a big marble that you can roll over your back, or really wherever you want. It is durable, compact, and enables you to control the pressure of your own massage. It will also help you relieve stress and improve circulation. This is a much simpler tool that can offer just as much relief as anything else, it just requires a little more work on your part, but it also allows you to have more control!
Who Should Buy This Product
I would recommend this for someone who really needs more control when they’re getting a massage. Professional massages can be expensive and the motorized massage tools on the market can be too rough. You can either find a rotating, vibrating, or a self therapy tool like this one. This is nice if you need better control over the speed and intensity. Many of the others are difficult to use if a person has chronic pain. The other devices can agitate the pain and cause more harm than good. In this case you don’t even need to worry!
Manual Back Roller Ball vs Naipo Shiatsu Massager Comparison
- The back roller offers more control
- Naipo does all the work for you with a 3D rotating massage
- Both give you a full body massage
- Both help improve circulation and relieve tension
I know this might not seem like the best tool, just because you have to do it yourself. But if you normally get someone to give you a massage, this could certainly save their hands from wearing out! It will give you whatever kind of massage you want. You can keep it really gentle or you can dig in a little deeper to get more of a deep tissue massage. Overall this might be the best choice on the list because it will never really wear out on you! If you’re interested in the Massage Roller Ball FlatLED Manual Back Roller you can find it for a very affordable price on Amazon!
- Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Massager
The Wahl Massager is a little unique from the others like it. This one comes with 4 attachments that can be used for different kinds of massages. It is a huge help when you have a certain area you want to massage and need something that will focus the massage in the right spot. It has adjustable speed and intensity and also works through vibration. It helps relieve tension and improve circulation like any good massage. This is also really great if you get muscle cramps like I do in my feet. This will work them right out!
Who Should Buy This Product
I would recommend this for anyone who likes to try different things with massages. You have 4 different attachments to test out on your aches and pains! It has adjustable speed and intensity to best meet your needs. It also has a really long power cord and handle to give you all the freedom you need to reach those trouble areas! So overall, if you want a relatively simple device that will help you reach all your aches and pains yourself, this could be perfect!
Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Massage vs Naipo Shiatsu Massager Comparison
- Wahl has 4 different attachments
- Both have adjustable speed and intensity
- Naipo has a heat feature
- Wahl is more convenient for a full body massage
- Wahl relies on vibration for a massage that doesn’t dig in or cause irritation
This isn’t the first time you’ve seen one of these I’m sure. These handheld massagers are pretty common. But the thing that really sets this one apart are the 4 attachable heads. They allow you to pick and choose what you want to get out of you massage! It certainly helps you personalize it to your needs! If you’re interested in the Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Massager you can find it on Amazon!
Zyllion ZMA13BK Shiatsu Pillow Massager
The Zyllion Pillow Massager is a really cool idea. It’s also easy to use, around the same price, and isn’t as bulky as some devices. It’s the perfect massaging device to just lean back against and relax! It only has one setting, but it makes up for that with bidirectional deep kneading massage nodes that will help melt away your tension. You have the option of heat with this device as well, which is always a favorite option.
Who Should Buy This Product
This is another very convenient product that is super portable and easy to bring with you anywhere! This also has both cords for wall outlets and car charger outlets. I think this would be a fantastic option for people who work in offices. The massagers that wrap around your neck like a pillow aren’t very inconspicuous and not everyone likes that. This straps right to your chair and all you have to do is lean back and let it do the work. You don’t even need to hold it in place! So if you don’t want to be dramatic and advertise your back pain, just put this in place and it will barely be noticeable.
Zyllion Pillow Massager vs Invospa Shiatsu Massager Comparison
- Zyllion is portable and smaller
- Naipo has 3 intensity options
- Both have the option of heat
- Zyllion can strap right to your chair
- Both have bidirectional rotating massaging nodes
Zyllion is a wonderful option for someone who was hoping for a small and portable massaging device. It’s so nice that it straps right to your chair, is very simple with one setting, and has the option of heat if you want it. It’s all around a very simple option you can bring with you anywhere and plugs into your home outlet or your car outlet. So if you’ve been on the lookout for an easy to use massager feel free to check out the Zyllion ZMA13BK Shiatsu Pillow Massager on Amazon!
No products found.
The Naipo Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager is incredibly convenient and affordable. While it may not be the cheapest on our list, you won’t have to pay an arm and a leg for a good massage in the comfort of your own home. It’s super convenient because you can bring it anywhere with you and it comes in its own dust proof bag. If you find yourself interested as well, you can find the Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager on Amazon!
Last update on 2023-04-18 at 02:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API