We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Most women consider nail stamping to be amazing. With it, you can create gorgeous nail patterns and designs in an easy and quick manner, without spending a lot of money on a professional manicure. Moreover, you will find plenty of tutorials and useful tips and tricks online, if you want to get better at stamping your nails. Below, we have come up with more details about what this procedure is all about and how you can apply it to create the perfect manicure.
What Is Nail Stamping?
Nail stamping refers to a nail art technique that has gained a lot of popularity lately. You will transfer nail polish designs to your nails, with the help of a metal plate. These plates have specific patterns created on them, and they act as stamps. In other words, you buy one or several metal plates with your desired designs. Then, you apply nail polish on these plates, and you simply press them against your nails to recreate those patterns on your nails.
How to Use the Nails Stamping Technique – Tips & Tricks
- Always paint your nails with a base color before applying the stamp. After applying a base coat of nail polish, let your nails dry completely before using the nail stamping technique.
- After each use, you should clean your nail stamp with acetone to remove all the nail polish from it.
- Make sure to purchase good quality stamps. Do some research before buying anything, read online reviews from actual clients. This way, you will know exactly what are you paying for. Some brands are a lot more reliable than others.
- Nail stamping is not a standardized technique. [easyazon_link identifier=”B01HPI9K32″ locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]Stamps[/easyazon_link]are not all made the same, and they come in different shapes and sizes. Choose one that suits your nails.
- If possible, you should use a special polish that works with stamps. It is true that you can use any nail polish. However, you will obtain better results if you apply the patterns with a [easyazon_link identifier=”B01KAZHN90″ locale=”US” tag=”beautifu0f2-20″]special nail polish[/easyazon_link].
- In the beginning, avoid patterns with straight lines or single images. They are harder to apply, especially if you are new at nail stamping.
- To achieve an original and unique design, you should try to mix several stamps on each nail. People won’t see mistakes that easily when your nails are totally different one from the other.
- To create a beautiful layered effect, you can apply different colors of the same stamp on each nail.
- Don’t apply a top coat of nail polish right after you have stamped your nails. Wait until the nail stamping has completely dried. Otherwise, it might smear your pattern.
Putting It All Together
Nail stamping is an easy and quick way to create original manicures. I hope all these guidelines were helpful for you. You only need a little practice as well as patience. Don’t be afraid of trying different patterns and applying more than just one layer. If you have other useful recommendations related to this topic, feel free to share your thoughts with us, in the comments section below.
Image source: 1