A mini face lift can help you get rid of sagging skin and wrinkles. It restores your youthful look, and it has an instant anti-aging effect. If you want to opt for a minor surgery that reduces fine wrinkles and offers you a more structured jawline, the mini lift is the perfect option. Let’s find out more details regarding the advantages and disadvantages of this procedure.
What Is a Mini Face Lift Procedure?
A mini face lift is a common cosmetic surgery through which your extra skin layers are removed. Furthermore, the left tissue is tightened, giving you a refreshed appearance. You will look better and feel more confident. Unlike the full face lift, which is a major procedure, the mini lift requires minor incisions. The doctor will then insert his/her instruments through these small cuts. You won’t need more than three or four cuts.
The mini face lift is also called the weekend face lift because it is not as complex as a full procedure. The surgeon will remove excess fat and will reshape your facial and neckline muscles. If you want to avoid a general anesthesia, this is a great choice for you, because you will be given a local anesthesia with sedation. Moreover, the cost is less expensive than that of a full surgery. The mini face lift usually costs between 3,500 and 6,500 dollars.
Pros and Cons of Mini Face Lift Procedures
- There are minimal side effects when doing this procedure. Your skin will not remain scarred. It is natural to have red skin areas right after the operation, but these will pass in a couple of days.
- It reshapes your appearance. Your skin will not sag anymore, and you will get rid of wrinkles in no time. You will have an overall more youthful look, which will make you feel more confident.
- It uses local anesthesia, which presents fewer risks than a general sedation.
- The entire procedure takes only 40 to 90 minutes to be completed.
- It has a short recovery period. As a patient, you will need to wear a 48-hour bandage. After one week your suture will be removed.
- The effects last a long time, even up to ten years, depending on your body type and lifestyle.
- Like all the other cosmetic surgeries, this one also has some risks such as bleeding, bruising, swelling, and scarring. However, if the procedure is done correctly by a specialist, you will not deal with severe side effects.
- Other risks such as infections can appear more frequently for those patients who suffer from diabetes or hypertension. Also, smokers can experience increased risks.
- It can be expensive. Even though it is cheaper than a full face lift, some people might not afford the procedure.
Bringing It All Together
The mini face lift procedure is highly effective when you want to get rid of fine wrinkles and other aging signs. However, it doesn’t solve more severe issues like a full surgery would do. It has plenty of benefits for your skin, and you won’t deal with serious side effects, especially if the treatment is done correctly.
Image source: 1