L’Oreal seems the logical choice when you look for cosmetic and beauty products. However, when you have sensitive eyes and want your mascara to instantly elongate your lashes for a seductive feminine look, the L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara seems to be the only choice. Looking for the best drugstore mascara options for formal and elegant wear, I stumbled upon this product.
I have some L’Oreal products, just like any other woman, and I thought this mascara would be exactly what I was looking for: the blackest tint possible with volumizing and elongation effect, all packed up nicely in a mascara that was good for sensitive eyes.
Surely, I also have one or two organic mascaras, which work well in the “sensitive” department, but do not offer that lash-by-lash definition, curve, length, volume, and pigmentation. If you look at this product’s price, you may very well consider you reached mascara heaven.
I also browsed the Internet for reviews, of course. I found a very positive vibe and feedback surrounding this product and I decided to try it.
I bought the product and used it for over a month. It behaved very well. Do not get me wrong, it comes with its set of flaws, but overall, it is a great product and my eyes were very happy to wear it. I was also very happy to wear it at formal events and elegant occasions I do participate to quite often. Now let me tell you how things went…
Things to Consider before Buying the L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara
Most women probably have one or two mascaras they wear on different occasions. For daywear at the office or casual outings, I prefer an organic mascara that keeps my eyes safe and my lashes nourished. For eveningwear, however, I want a mascara I can play with when creating cat eyes and smoky eyes looks. One of the troubles with regular mascara is that not all of them are good for sensitive eyes. In fact, a few no-name drugstore mascaras made my eyes itch and get red or teary. This one did not – and I appreciated it a lot.
I also wanted a dark deep black tint. One might argue that black is black – but trust me when I say this, some black mascaras are blacker than others are. This L’Oreal mascara does come with that deep noir seductive tint I wanted.
The product did not disappoint in the pigmentation, coverage, gloss, sexiness, volume and length departments. You may wonder if it disappointed at all, but for that you need to read the rest of the article, as I am going to break down my experience with it in detail, so you can make a perfectly informed choice if you plan to buy it as well.
Now let me tell you a few things about this mascara so you can understand things better:
- Possible side effects: Since I have sensitive eyes, I wanted the best of both worlds: reputable brand mascara that is good for such troubling eyes. I, for one, was impressed with the fact that it did not cause any problems. However, if you feel uncomfortable wearing it, remove it immediately.
- Hold: The mascara works very well for special events and occasions. If you want to stand out of the crowd with your cat eyes and your seductive look, this is something you should try. Nevertheless, I would not recommend you to wear it all day long at work. After some hours, it dries, clumps, and flakes. If you want to keep your feline look from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., you should make sure you remove the flakes and recoat your lashes in the middle of the day. If you want to look gorgeous only from 9 p.m. to midnight, you want this product.
- Efficiency: The blackest noir effect is a reality. It works amazing with eyeliners and other cosmetics if you want to achieve amazing cat and smoky eyes. Moreover, it comes with a lush, thick, glamorous glossy effect that you will love. Your lashes will get longer, curvier, more voluminous, and more feminine.
- Number of coatings: I would not recommend more than two coatings if you planned a date, a black-tie event or any other special occasion. More coats lead to flakes and clumps. Prolonged wear leads to similar results so I would not recommend it for daywear.
- Pigmentation: This mascara offers you a great black tint. This is one of the things I absolutely loved about it. The glossy effect is spectacular as well.
- Removal: The mascara is resistant to smudging, sweat, and cold water. It is rather hard to remove with either cold or warm water, so I would suggest proficient makeup remover.
- Expiration date: Never use a product that went past its expiration date. Also, if the mascara gets an odd smell or color, stop using it altogether. While the product is ophthalmologist tested and allergy cleared, you should never use expired products near your eyes.
Who Should Buy This Drugstore Mascara
If you want your lashes to instantly get longer, curvier, blacker, more voluminous and more seductive.
No products found.
Who Should Not Buy This Drugstore Mascara
Women who want longer-holding mascaras with an organic side to it.
L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara
This L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara comes with a deep black pigmentation and an elongation effect I think you will appreciate a lot. A cat eyes or smoky eyes look needs a very good mascara for a ravishing effect and this one will deliver. As I said earlier, one of the biggest problems I had with it was that it clumped and flaked and dried very fast (a few hours), so if you want something for daywear or a full night’s party, you should consider some alternatives. Next, I will present you with the pros and cons I consider important when choosing whether to buy this mascara.
L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara Features and Benefits
I started using mascara and had few bad experiences with it. It answered my two main issues: sensitive eyes and reliable makeup for special occasions. If these were the only two criteria, I would have given this product a full five stars review. The flaking, drying, and clumping issue, however, is the one that put me off and made me look for alternatives.
Now let me tell you some of the things I appreciated most about this mascara, because there are amazing things to appreciate about it.
- Good for sensitive eyes. It works well and does not make my eyes itch or feel uncomfortable during the hours I wore it.
- It dries well and fast. One of the issues here is that it dries too much at some point. Other than that, you can work on your smoky feline eyes with no problems or accidents, as the mascara dries well.
- The formula makes your lashes look voluminous and long, curved, feminine, and seductive. The glossy effect is amazing.
- It is quick and easy to apply. The quick-charge brush captures each lash to deliver instant volume and fullness. The wand is also something to love about this product.
- The mascara is waterproof. It does hold its ground against cold water, sweat, tears, and such. It is rather hard to remove, however, and you need serious makeup remove to completely take it off. This is important to me, because sensitive eyes cannot go to sleep with makeup on.
- It holds well for a few hours. I think this depends also on your type of skin and hair, but the eventual clumping and flaking is not something to go crazy about.
- It is dermatologically tested, allergy and ophthalmologist cleared. This is very good if you have sensitive eyes or skin or if your lashes seem to fall or suffer due to eye makeup in general.
L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara
Ease of Use
As I said, I bought this mascara because I do enjoy most of the brand’s products. I did plenty of research when looking for the best drugstore mascara products out there and I found that this one had plenty of great reviews. Some women also found that it clumped and flaked a bit too fast. On the other hand, you can also check out the feedback and draw your own conclusions about the product.
Alternatives to the L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara
When you start looking for a product online, you will learn about others, equally interesting. I want to show you a few so you can make an educated choice, especially if you want something for casual every day wear.
This is a good product, according to the reviews, and I think I will also try it in the near future.
Who Should Use this Mascara
Women who want a long-lasting mascara that does not smudge and lasts for longer periods of time.
L’Oreal Mascara vs. Hairgenics Mascara Comparison
- Both are mild for sensitive eyes;
- Hairgenics is great for casual wear;
- L’Oreal has better black pigmentation;
- Both help with getting longer lashes, but L’Oreal wins the competition;
- Hairgenics is more expensive.
If you want an alternative to the L’Oreal mascara for longer lashes, check out the Hairgenics Lavish Lash Mascara as well!
If you feel you ended up watching a battle of the brands, you are not completely wrong. Both Clinique and L’Oreal are big names in the cosmetic and makeup industry. The Clinique mascara comes with some advantages, so let us see the comparison.
Who Should Use this Mascara
Women who want a great product and are willing to invest in it.
L’Oreal Mascara vs. Clinique Mascara Comparison
- Both are dermatologically tested;
- L'Oréal offers a cat eyes/smoky eyes look;
- L'Oréal is much cheaper;
- L'Oréal comes with a glossy effect;
- Both are suitable for sensitive eyes.
If you want an alternative to the L’Oreal mascara, check out the Clinique Lash Power Mascara as well! It may be the answer to your needs!
This is another great entry on the best drugstore mascara products area – but in the organic department. I have one of these and if you have sensitive eyes, I think you will like it a lot!
Who Should Use this Mascara
Women who want soft, long, lush lashes with the help of an organic product that is great for sensitive eyes and skin.
L’Oreal Mascara vs. EVXO Mascara Comparison
- L’Oreal is not organic;
- EVXO is vegan, cruelty free, gluten free;
- EVXO packaging is sustainable and environmentally friendly;
- L’Oreal is cheaper;
- L’Oreal is better at volume, lengths, seduction effects.
If you feel you want to try organic mascara that comes with an environmental friendly approach, is safe for your eyes and skin, and offers good pigmentation and hold, then the EVXO Mineral Mascara may be something to pay attention to!
No products found.
I gave this product a 4.4 rating out of five stars. While I loved everything about it, the product could have been better at staying longer on my lashes without clumping and flaking. Since I bought it especially for elegant, formal evening wear, clumpy lashes is not something to accessorize your designer dress with. On the other hand, this brand mascara is excellent for my sensitive eyes. I have to admit, the mild formula is something to revere, as drugstore mascaras do not generally come with a sensitive eyes specification to them. L’Oreal is also extremely cheap and this does not mean it is a cheap product. On the contrary, it brings enormous value for its money.
In comparison to organic mascaras, L’Oreal knows how to make your lashes longer, more voluminous, more feminine, curved, and glossy. The Red Carpet effect is amazing, especially for women who have to be present at all sorts of sophisticated public events. Some organic mascaras hold longer and flake less easy, but if you need something to put you on the cover of a magazine, there is no doubt that L’Oreal fits the bill as it promises.
The black “noir” is also something to enjoy, together with the glossy finish. I have to emphasize on the product’s affordability. In other words, it will be an amazing choice for teenagers and young women who want to experiment with makeup in a professional manner. The mascara dries fast enough to allow you complex makeup processes in order to obtain classy smoky eyes or sexy cat eyes.
There are other best drugstore mascara items on the market. Few beat the price of this one and few are as mild with sensitive eyes as this one is. Many will hold longer without clumping and thus are more appropriate for prolonged day and casual wear. However, if you want a good product with diva style effects and results that is also mild with the eyes and turn you into a red carpet superstar, then the L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara is a great way to make an unforgettable entrance!