Is your skin damaged from sunburns or other factors? A good alternative you should consider is LED light therapy. It is a popular skin rejuvenation treatment. Furthermore, it is a very popular method among people who are afraid of more intrusive procedures such as injections.
How Does LED Light Therapy Work?
According to specialists, LED light therapy can reduce and even eliminate redness, blemishes, and breakouts. Using this technique provides you a clearer and brighter complexion. The procedure works through a light emitting diode, which is a source that produces infrared light.
Your skin benefits from this exposure to light. The good news is that no machine or tool will directly touch your skin. Most of the spas and medical centers use panels instead of wands because these tools cover a wider area. If you want to use LED light therapy at home, hand-held devices are easier to handle and more practical.
This skin-care treatment is totally painless, and you can see great results even after the first session. It is a non-surgical skin treatment that stimulates your skin’s collagen production. Collagen will not only make your skin look younger, but it will also speed up the healing process in case of sunburns and other skin conditions.
Benefits and Precautions to LED Light Therapy
LED Light Therapy Benefits
- It is a non-invasive and totally natural treatment.
- It is safe for all ages and skin types.
- Your face becomes healthier and has a natural glow.
- This treatment heals sunburns, acne scars, rebuilds collagen, reduces wrinkles, and more.
- Moisturizes your skin, making it smoother.
- Stimulates hair growth.
- It is painless and has received the FDA’s approval.
- LED light therapy reduces both inflammation and pain, being good for different conditions such as back pain, sprains, arthritis, etc.
LED Light Therapy Dangers
Even though LED light therapy is usually safe, some side effects might occur. Specialists say these are not harmful, being mild as well as temporary.
- This treatment might cause temporary headaches and light eye strains.
- Some patients can experience nausea and a feeling of agitation and irritability.
- There are rare side effects such as euphoria, mania, hyperactivity. All these are similar to bipolar disorder symptoms, but they don’t indicate permanent injuries.
All these symptoms occur only rarely, and they go away after a couple of days. The key factor you should remember is to use the LED light therapy with caution. So, if you suffer from skin or eye conditions, or if you take certain medications, you should inform your therapist. They can reduce the treatment’s period of eliminating it all together.
Precaution Measures of LED Light Therapy
- Seek a doctor’s opinion. Inform him/her about all your diseases and your medical history.
- Reduce treatment time to prevent some of the side effects.
- Keep a bigger distance between your body and the treatment’s light box.
- When you have long sessions of treatment, try to take a couple of breaks in between.
LED light therapy is a non-invasive painless treatment that has plenty of benefits for your skin, from healing sunburns and redness to rejuvenating your face and stimulating collagen production. Like all the other medical or cosmetic procedures, this one also has potential dangers. Therefore, inform yourself better before doing this treatment.
Image source: 1