Laser skin resurfacing is a good alternative when you want to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines located around your mouth, eyes, and forehead. It is also known as a popular skin rejuvenation method. According to specialists, these procedures are also effective when it comes to removing acne scars. Keep reading to see whether this solution works or not.
How Does Laser Skin Resurfacing Work?
There are two main types of lasers used in laser skin resurfacing. One is carbon dioxide, and the other one is erbium. Both of them eliminate damaged cells from the skin’s surface.
CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
This is a popular method to treat wrinkles, warts, scars, and other skin conditions. The newest technology is fractioned CO2 which uses two different types of light energy: short pulsed one or continuous light beams. If you choose this treatment, the recovery period will last about two weeks.
Erbium Laser Resurfacing
This goes a little deeper inside the skin compared with the previously described method which only influences your skin’s surface. Therefore, erbium laser skin resurfacing is also good for moderately deep wrinkles and lines. Usually, these skin conditions appear on your face, neck, hands, or chest. It also has fewer side effects than other procedures.
Is Laser Skin Resurfacing Effective?
If you take into consideration most of the patients’ experiences, you will probably discover that this solution is an effective one. More and more people want to try it because laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive procedure. However, many doctors refer to it as to cosmetic surgery. If your face is elastic and not oily, you are the perfect candidate for this method. Acting less gentle than other treatments, skin rejuvenation may have prolonged side effects.
Laser Skin Resurfacing Benefits
- Reduces sunburns, wrinkles, acne scars, and other skin conditions.
- Offers you a youthful, smoother, and fresher skin.
- Evens your skin tone, and improves its texture.
- Encourages collagen formation, making your skin look younger.
- There are some proofs of treating pre-cancerous skin lesions.
- Lifts your eyelids and eyebrows, improving your overall look.
- Helps you get rid of dark spots as well as of pigmentation.
- Improves blood circulation.
Laser Skin Resurfacing Side Effects
- It may cause different skin reactions such as redness, itchiness, and swelling. However, a little redness after the procedure is totally normal.
- After the treatment, some patients need to wear bandages, which can worsen their acne.
- There are a few cases of infection development. Skin resurfacing might increase your bacterial activity and lead to further fungal infections.
- Some rejuvenation treatments can cause scarring and blistering.
Wrapping It Up
Laser skin resurfacing is an effective treatment that can offer you a smoother and younger-looking skin. It is not a complicated nor painful procedure, but it can have some normal side effects such as redness and occasionally skin swelling. If you want to use this treatment, make sure to consult a good dermatologist first. You don’t want to be careless when it comes to your health and appearance.
Image source: 1